Please help me decide on AEM CAI

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 01:04 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me decide on AEM CAI

I want to purchase an AEM CAI for my car, will it do it any damage since it changes fuel-air ratios etc. How loud will it be, what kind of pitch? Also, the main concern is the fact of waterlogging the engine, I drive through a lot of water and puddles, (I live in Seattle) without a bypass valve, will it have a chance of sucking moisture into my engine? Also, how hard is install? Thanks for your help. Any other opinions suggestions might be helpful.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:36 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno why you guys worry so much about water and noise. Some of you guy seen how low mine is (home made CAI) but maybe cuz I'm in Cali so flooding isn't an issue. Most performance mods will add noise.. just don't floor it if you don't want it loud...
Old 01-11-2002, 02:19 AM
Banned

this is how i buy things, its a bad way but works....

If everyone and their mother has the mod, then it must be a great mod!!

Like springs, sways, and the CAI, almost everyone has and they are the best mods. IMO
Old 01-11-2002, 02:23 AM
4dr & I like it that way

Its only louder when you floor it and its a deep roar (nice sound). If you're worried about getting water in the engine, just get a bypass valve. The install is pretty easy, lots of people have posted how on the forum. Reset your ECU after you install the CAI and it'll automatically readjust to the new fuel-air mixtures. I even get better milage now with my CAI installed. The CAI is probably the simplest performance mod you can do yourself with good gains. I definitely reccomend it.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:14 AM
Advanced

hey redmond tl
i thought we supposed to meet up and check out our carz
i just got mufflers today from TLon19s
im bout to get that on my car tommorow
and i just installed h&r Race springs
there is no more gap at all.. i mean rear tires actually went in.
i was gonna get bodykit but i think i have to get rims first
cuz it will scratch like hell once i get kit
mike said he can get good deals on Rims so
i am gonna look into that and get 18 or 17 rims
im hella broke cuz stupid bodyshop charged me almost 600 bucks
just to install my springs and i was hella pisssed !
Old 01-11-2002, 11:04 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by Odagari
im hella broke cuz stupid bodyshop charged me almost 600 bucks just to install my springs and i was hella pisssed !
No offense but either you're stupid rich or just plain naive. I can't believe you paid freaking $600 just to install springs.

BTW redmond, do yourself a favor and go get the AEM CAI w/bypass valve asap. The sound it makes is PRICELESS. It is a deep rumble and not loud like those fart can exhaust. And you will definitely feel a power gain. IMO, it has the best bang for the buck value.

GO AND BUY IT NOW!!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 05:29 AM
Instructor

Odagari-
I am sorry I think I lost your number, just drop me an e-mail at res09pk5@verizon.net again, and I will get in touch with you. Those twin tip Remus exhaust will look tight, I was going to get them, but I didn't have the money. Ouch on the Install, I got mine for only $100. Mike can always find a way to hook someone up, he's a cool guy. I got my tails from him!!

Blackshadow-
I think I will go purchase the AEM on Saturday, but I would have to get a bypass valve first before installing. Is the cheapest place to buy form ACP?? I sure hope that it will be an easy install. Thanks for your opinion!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:01 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by REDMOND_TL
Blackshadow-
I think I will go purchase the AEM on Saturday, but I would have to get a bypass valve first before installing. Is the cheapest place to buy form ACP?? I sure hope that it will be an easy install. Thanks for your opinion!
I bought mine from ACP and they were the cheapest around. The installation should be easy also. Do it yourself or have a friend help you out. DO NOT take it to the dealer because they will rip you off.
BTW, I believe there is instruction on this site explaining how to install the AEM CAI. Just do a search for it.

Good luck!