PHEES LED guage DIY

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:50 AM
slow tl..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by honda_nut
Has anyone bought these and are they any good? It says no soldering is required.
I've heard it has too many hot spots
Old 05-09-2010, 11:29 AM
2016 Acura TLX

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by gfrg88
I've heard it has too many hot spots
really? can someone post pictures of this. i'm really interested in getting this since it's a pretty easy to install.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
haven't bought any of the gauge stuff from them but have gotten them to make some stuff for my doors and a couple other bulb replacements...... everything i've gotten is top notch and their customer service is awesome..... HIGHLY recomend..... and i'm buying then entire package for mine..... prices aren't bad either....
Old 05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
led automotive is garbage, way overprice too, can get 5x from superbrightleds.com but there are hot spots with it, and its not even with a DIY led install..i bought some on my 99 tl and was garbage.............
bought the rest of the interior leds plus extras for 25 bucks plus shipping from superbrightleds
Old 05-12-2010, 01:26 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Srb
Alright after following phee's diy here's how my cluster turned out. Just need to figure out how to make the odo display brighter as it's very dim with the leds behind it.

Merry xmas azine!
How did you make the blue points in between the numbers? Just one white and one blue led every other time? Nice job man, thats how I am going to do mine. I just have white leds in the factory locations now because I wanted to keep the needles red. Never even guessed of doing it this way.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:56 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
bump, need to do some maintence on my subscribed threads
Old 05-18-2010, 11:19 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Once i finish Ecafs gauges u guys are on your own. Had a bad transaction with murdaZ and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

below are the details. in pm

bold is him. underline is me

Got it fixed looks good, but man so many problems and things you missed that just made it a pain to do

First the pick up name, who the hell is "miz" you’re lucky the post office is nice enough to let me pick it up under my address or else it would have been a pain to get

good point. I couldn't remember your name while I was at the post office.

then when going to the install, two back wires, I know 1 should be positive, other neg, why the hell would you use two black wires...had to take it apart to see what wire leads to what

a simple 9 volt battery could have figured out which one was pos and negative. You are the first to complain about this one.
Then the PRNDL gauge on the rpm face was missing, had to take apart mine to put that on their
I have a 6 speed so there is no way I would have know that that stuff was missing. The gauges were used before i put them in my car.
Then no leds in the odometer, told you I wanted the blue or at least some lighting in there, so I had to use my other bulbs
I clearly stated that some guages don't shine with LED's in the odometer during our original pm conVersation and that I would refund you the difference if this was the case.
Then figured out I needed that white wiring on the back of the cluster on it to make the odo light work

And then recalibrate the gauges again to make it function correctly

the gauges were calibrated perfectly when they left my house because I tested them. I don't know what you had to recalibrate.

D5 doesn’t light up, bet it’s the bulb that needs to go in there, but that’s another day.
D5 is probably because of a bulb.

I would like at least some money back, but bet its a flat chance id get that, such a hassle and been close to a month and a half to get...worst deal I have ever went through on AZ.....would of expected something like this from a new member, but not from you.

i'm sorry the experience was so devastating. The time frame was on schedule because I told you I had other gauges in line before yours. How much would you like refunded?

i would say 40 bucks would be fair. i understand you had others to do, but you did have a lot of time with me, wasnt in a rush and would rather have quality over a rush job.

totally understandable right? i did mess up and i was more than willing to issue the refund.

then he decides to send me a negative rep in my itrader and states that the gauges were a DISASTER.

even though they worked!
what was actually in my control that i messed up? his name on the box and the odometer, but even that was discussed before i even started his gauges.

i ended up refunding 30 dollars which IMO is charity due to the fact that shipping to canada wasnt cheap. not to mention i had to state false information to customs so he wouldnt deal with the fees.

i had a bad feeling about this when i started just seeing how he treated OntarioTL in his thread.

sorry guys. i guess im just not cut out for this.

Ecaf: your gauges look good and will be solid.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
B A N N E D

please don't leave this side job :with: might want you to do mine one day,

and being into repairing cars everyday (not really modding though) we get customers like this quite a bit, that want something free for nothing, you just kinda tell them see you later when you finally decide to pay up (or like times when we check out a car, the is a fee , but if we find enough work, which you then buy, the checkout fee is waved
Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

lol phee tell the whole story, the gauges are good, the transaction was a disaster, for the whole month i had to haggle you for updates, on when its going to be done, 1 word answers, and then I don’t hear from you a week later…and you finally say its mailed on the april 30th, when it shows may 6th it was mailed out…it’s the little things that ticked me off.

i expected it to be a 30 min job as i know how to connect and disconnect the gauges easily, instead took close to 2 hours, by removing the gauges over and over and finding these little problems…

and its so funny last night when i gave the feedback, within a minute u respond to it, sad since i pmed you about the refund/issues since sunday/monday and u havent responded back to that pm since

you really didnt have to neg rep me. i even sent you your refund.

sorry you were so offput by the whole experience

funny that you "sent" the refund only when i gave the neg feedback....when i got your msg, checked paypal right away no funds, 10 min later the money is there....i bet if i didnt do the feedback you wouldnt respond to my pm and ignored me ......but whats done is done. had a change in heart this morning and was going to remove it, and come to find this post this morning

I clearly stated that some guages don't shine with LED's in the odometer during our original pm conVersation and that I would refund you the difference if this was the case.

Heres the convo about this issue, I had to dumb it down even for you
Originally Posted by MurdaZ
Originally Posted by phee
send $145 usd to miguellemillo22@gmail.com via paypal. i will refund any shipping difference if there is one.

also please post instructions as to how you want the gauges to look in the notes sections of the invoice.

thank you
sent....couldnt put in my question, but for the temp.fuel gauge, see how u did the gradient fade of red to represent hot/low fuel, can you do that, but have the lettering still white?
i may be able to do it without the gradient. just full red lines. let me know if u would like it this way

hey phee hopefully you get this in time but, for the rpm i actually wanted it like this in this video, i know i said all small ticks white, but alternate like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZMGTKe99jE

thanks
so u want the small ticks white and the large ticks blue.
the lettering (RPM MPH ) white
and the kph white
the temp/fuel white with normal lettering

and the odo blue

correct me if im wrong

no the odo white, and all small thin ticks blue, long thick ones white.

the rpm gauge i want exactly like the vid shows, so the long ticks and thick small ticks white, small thin ticks blue...

basically in that vid by ontariotl, everything exactly like that, except the odo being white, and the kph part of the gauge white.

everything else u said is right.
sounds good. and if the odo doesnt shine white would you like me to leave it oem? its going to have a bluish hue to it
if so then, can you do blue? does it look that dark like others posted/in that vid?
blue isnt dark at all. it actually looks very good. its my favorite

k do the blue then, cant wait!
you never said you would refund the difference, hell you told me to paypal you the money and you will refund
the difference if there is any, you never gave me a proper quote for shipping, you just said this.

send $145 usd to mi*****@gmail.com via paypal. i will refund any shipping difference if there is one.

if your trying to expose me and say that im a bad person go for it, surprising that your so fast on leaving posts on the board, and not so whensending pms......let it be known that i paid asap, and made my requests thats it dont know what i did wrong..tried to keep it private, but i guess u want it to be known

Last edited by MurdaZ; 05-19-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:10 AM
I got the Shifts

im just as fast as you are when u post a neg rep before resolving the issue.
as for you having to dumb down things for me: :rollseyes:
nice passive aggressive shot at my intelligence. its this type of bullshit that made me go public.

why didnt you post all the pm's where you changed your mind about the coloring after i had your gauges for 2 weeks?

point is, you make it seem like i completely butchered your gauges when, in fact, i gave you a type-s cluster and my labor for basically free when u look at the price.

youve got your refund now, so good luck trying to get another dime out of me.

my reputation preceeds me, as does yours. plenty of people on here know what kind of guy i am.

post everything you want because at the end of the day this is what you got
type-s cluster
full LED lighting
replaced speedometer motor
and it was shipped to canada
and on top of that you wanted a refund because of some shit that was unrelated to the job you asked me to do. (missing prndl, oem bulb, and it took too long,

people have to understand that this isnt my main source of income. Im doing this for members because i know they dont want to tackle it themselves but if youre going to neg rep me and offer to continue bashing my name via pm on MY OWN PROFILE then im going to put the business out there.

i actually posted unbiased pm's and you only posted what i said, none of your nuances that you provided as a customer.

but i guess everyone wants something for nothing.
i didnt even neg rep u back. i left it neutral because im not the same kind of guy as you.

this will be my last post in this thread regarding you.

Last edited by phee; 05-19-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

i posted the neg rep because the issue wasnt getting resolved. i left you a pm, you didnt respond back, what am i supose to do

you left out the first part of the message when i said it looks good and happy with the outcome, i was ticked off on the small stuff.

and i did post the pm about the color choices, its up therehell i followed your instructions in the paypal and u still didn’t understand

Sent to:
Migu*****lo
Email:
Mig****22@gmail.com
Amount sent:
-$145.00 USD
Fee amount:
-$5.96 USD
Net amount:
-$150.96 USD (equals -$161.59 CAD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conversion from:
-$135.29 CAD
Conversion to:
$131.96 USD
Exchange rate:
1 Canadian Dollar = 0.975390 U.S. Dollars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
Apr 14, 2010
Time:
09:27:53 PDT
Completed

Subject:
LED Gauges
Note:
instructions:RPM Gauge:small ticks BLUE, big ticks WHITE, red ticks stay RED lettering WHITE SPEEDO Gauge: small ticks BLUE, big ticks WHITE, lettering WHITE kph section WHITE aswell TEMP/FUEL Gauge: all white, except for the red ticks stay RED, ODOMETER Display:all white
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds and Credit Card
Funding Source:
$19.00 USD - PayPal Account
$81.38 CAD - PayPal Account
$53.91 CAD - MasterCard Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-0637

This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *MIG***MIL".

like how much more CLEAR do i have to be?

btw what nuances? what did i do wrong? waiting a month for it, and keep having to ask you for updates on it? how many times did i really ask you? please post those pms

All im saying is that it didn’t have to go to this level, look at how your reacting, if you responded to my pms it wouldn’t of turned out like this and go public, good job. Thanks for the gauges, looks great

Last edited by MurdaZ; 05-19-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

oh and dont complain about shipping please, i paid your 110 shipped price in USA and more, and even agreed/aware shipping to canada is more

hey actually illt ake em for 110...shipping may be a bit mroe for canada, but let me know
cant do canada man. im sorry
main reasons i was this is because when i did the diy on mine, i used too much remover and took off too much of the filter, and the needle on the rpm is messed up, plus i colored too many ticks blue so it looks strange...yours looks quality and better than ontariotl imo...and the price is right, since the faces here in canada are 30 each...but yea let me know ill pay extra for canada shipping

gimme another day and if no one has bought them by this time tomoro ill sell em to you.
hey whats up, did u get any buyers?
they are your my man. whats your zip? i want to give u a shipping quote

cool

****** blvd
****, ontario
*** 3v6
canada

thanks boss
shipping is 30 dollars. dont paypal me yet. i have two more guages to do and i dont want to take your money and have you waiting for weeks
last part i found funny, dated april 4th when this pm was going...
Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,628 Likes on 1,768 Posts
:gheyfight: hater:
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
its a shame that youre really not gonna do these anymore phee. people should realize that this is not your job and youre doing the gauges almost as a favor to fellow ziners. people should have the common decency to at least be courteous and not try to swindle you.

that being said, there are a lot of great, nice, courteous people on azine that would love for you to continue doing LED gauges...like me haha
Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
its a shame that youre really not gonna do these anymore phee. people should realize that this is not your job and youre doing the gauges almost as a favor to fellow ziners. people should have the common decency to at least be courteous and not try to swindle you.

that being said, there are a lot of great, nice, courteous people on azine that would love for you to continue doing LED gauges...like me haha
as said above, with me also
Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
B A N N E D

and murdaz, as phee said, not his main job, so has to do it in his free time, and personally i rather have them done right and not butchered when he is all tired and such

and even by those pm's you posted, it sounds like you had changed your mind multiple times already with the colors and such, and he was just trying to make absolute sure that those were the colors you wanted

and the funny thing is that you are the one posting them too lol
Old 05-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Neg rep removed. I don't feel like it is justified.

Also removed phee's rep, which was neutral but no longer needed due to removal of neg rep.

I will send a PM to MurdaZ and phee.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can honestly say phee is a stand-up guy. When I told him that I blew my tire out on my tl he instantly offered to let me borrow his wheel + tire. I have had it for like a month and he has never once asked for it back (you'll get it back soon, I need new wheels!).

If your not doing the LED's anymore could you at least help me out with mine?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:21 PM
philly flickin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
mudraz, why didnt u get ontarioTL to do your cluster?

His work on my cluster was flawless with no problems. He completed it in one day, which included window switches, sunroof, VSA, foglight switch, climate control, heated seats, memory seats and my instrument cluster with custom colors.

Plus you wouldnt have had to deal with shipping
Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
B A N N E D

^^^ ask him about the shipping to , f***ing bullshit, with customs, and stupid duty taxes :shakehead
Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I really want my cluster done, can any one do 1 for me ??? Drop me a PM please.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jaMezBOI
mudraz, why didnt u get ontarioTL to do your cluster?

His work on my cluster was flawless with no problems. He completed it in one day, which included window switches, sunroof, VSA, foglight switch, climate control, heated seats, memory seats and my instrument cluster with custom colors.

Plus you wouldnt have had to deal with shipping
A funny thing you should mention about that. He sent me a PM a long time ago asking what I charge. I tell him, never hear back and then he smears my name about charging so much for my job, and making money off of anyone who wants it done on the forum. Well duh.....last time I checked, I wasn't exactly charity. And so much for keeping it private.....

I think what got under my skin was the accusation I was holding out on my DIY to make money. Again, I do have a life outside of the TL realm. It would be obsolete by now with the updates I have on the mod, which is now on video and needs to be edited and posted on Youtube. Again, life is in the way at the moment. My TL is getting up there in age and my spare weekends are devoted to getting it back in shape right now.

So time passes by and Phee comes out with his own DIY, and what does MurdaZ do? Has Phee to work on it anyway. So like a DIY mattered when he wasn't even going to attempt it.

What makes me chuckle over this ordeal with Phee, is that what I quoted him with a break down of cost per job (cluster/rest of car) a few years ago is less than what he had to pay to get it done along with shipping for just the cluster.

I've been civil with MurdaZ as I just didn't care anymore and wasn't worth the effort anymore. I didn't even want to comment here about this fiasco, but I can sympathize with Phee offering to mod clusters for fellow ziner's that once and awhile it may seem like its not worth it with a bad experience like this.

Luckily for me, I haven't had any bad experience as all the fellow members that have had their clusters and complete conversion in their TL has been looked after by me. I have never said tough luck when something went wrong later on even after my year warranty expired. I have fixed many things after with burned out leds. It happens, but as long as they are willing to come and see me, I'll be more than happy to make things right. Hell it was cool even working on members cluster or cars from the US. First time to see a navi in a 03 TL. Poor Canada all greyed out
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 PM
B A N N E D

i think murdaz, is just a cheap bastard, and does not want to pay for anything, if he does not have to
Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by friesm2000
i think murdaz, is just a cheap bastard, and does not want to pay for anything, if he does not have to
We are all cheap bastards in the end of things, but it's the approach some have that can come off as tacky.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by OntarioTL
We are all cheap bastards in the end of things, but it's the approach some have that can come off as tacky.
true....
Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

friesm2000 go fuck yourself, why are you even getting involved?

whatever the deal is done, phee if your gonna cry and want your positive feedback and 30 bucks ill refund it back to you, maybe you can buy a pack of condoms and ride friesm2000 ass all day since he likes to bend over for u

its amazing how ur turning it on me phee when you cause the problems. i paid for a service, i expected to get what was noted in the FS thread. like shit, you even said that you forgot my name on the package, i had to fight with the post office to give it to me. it shows how lazy you are to even write my friggin name down on a piece of paper

jaMezBOI, i just dont like ontariotl...ill end it at that.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 PM
I got the Shifts

i didnt turn anything on you. i posted the pms. i havent called anyone names or told anyone to go fuck them or anyone else.

you can keep the 30 dollars, its obvious you need it more than i do.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 PM
I got the Shifts

also, friesm: please stop instigating. the neg rep is gone and i dont want this thread to go sideways any further
Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 PM
I got the Shifts

ontarioTL can do LED clusters for members. he can do them in one day and i have trouble finding time to spend with my family let alone do all these clusters. I could have steady business doing these for about 3 months with the amount of people who have pmed me.

Some other members may even be willing to tackle it themselves.

i have a bunch of LED's that ill be getting rid of so u guys can pm me if u want em.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 PM
B A N N E D

also, friesm: please stop instigating. the neg rep is gone and i dont want this thread to go sideways any further
Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

refund issued...check your paypal........sad how this turned out but w.e like i said thanks for the gauges but these problems shouldnt of existed....i just want my name cleared and good status in the forum

Mod edit...................................

Last edited by fsttyms1; 05-21-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! PLEASE Keep any and all other comments to PM's If any more persists you WILL get a small vacation.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! PLEASE Keep any and all other comments to PM's If any more persists you WILL get a small vacation.
I double that.

And MurdaZ is asking me to resinstate his negative trader feedback for phee, which is not going to happen, and I don't want to see anything more about this.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
wanna try working on a genesis cluster??

oh wait.. mine already looks like that..
Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jjashaa

Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ron A
I double that.

And MurdaZ is asking me to resinstate his negative trader feedback for phee, which is not going to happen, and I don't want to see anything more about this.
Favouritism wins lol...thanks for not replying back to me and doing so on the thread.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:29 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by DC3328
x2, but it just means that his still looks like everybody else's though (on the Korean POS), so nothing unique about it
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 PM
I got the Shifts

gen cluster is pretty
Old 05-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts

I love my dads Genesis Sedan and dash light. After this past week of nearly 1k miles i put on it i think i may head down to the dealer and see what they can get me into a 2010/11 V8 Genesis.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by friesm2000
x2, but it just means that his still looks like everybody else's though (on the Korean POS), so nothing unique about it
haha. yea.. i'd still rock a gauge cluster from korea tho.. there's is red... and mine just reminds me of the 3rd Gen TL cluster.. lol
gen cluster is pretty
yours is too.. i would have really done this if i still rocked my 2G.
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
I love my dads Genesis Sedan and dash light. After this past week of nearly 1k miles i put on it i think i may head down to the dealer and see what they can get me into a 2010/11 V8 Genesis.
fuuuuuuuuuu.. V8 genesis.

v6 gen sedan won't do if i were to have gotten it

Quick Reply: PHEES LED guage DIY