People with megan headers speak up

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004 | 09:42 PM
Racer

People with megan headers speak up

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone here is having problems with megan headers. It can either be a leak or fitments issues and whether or not its fixed. Also, people with no problems please speak up. Thanks

Mike
Old 12-30-2004 | 10:47 PM
boo

no probs here.. no leaks.. no fitment issues..
Old 12-30-2004 | 11:39 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

i have a leak but its most likely the bolts that i have to tighten, just cant get the daym time to do it,, HOPEFULLY this weekend,, besides that, for $215, im not complaining at all, fitment was perfect!
Old 12-31-2004 | 02:21 AM
i

still waitin from the v6p groupbuy
Old 12-31-2004 | 11:52 AM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Originally Posted by moahdriven
still waitin from the v6p groupbuy
daym you guys r still waiting?? didnt the group buy end like a month ago or was there another one??

I remember before i ordered mine, i was like shit the groupbuy ended, ill just have to pay the ebay price, but shit lol im kinda glad i did then cuz ive had them on my car for liek 3weeks now.

Why is is taking so long?
Old 12-31-2004 | 04:51 PM
All go, no show

They're sitting in my closet. Contemplating whether or not I want to bother putting them on, or if I'll just sell them.
Old 01-01-2005 | 09:04 AM
Cruisin'

i just put mine on and i have no problems
Old 01-01-2005 | 09:20 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Heres another option, the name "stone" seems heard of , check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...944952814&rd=1
Old 01-01-2005 | 09:53 PM
Pro

those look pretty damn clean for the money and stone has been beat up enough to fix their mistakes (hopefully)... *shrug* Whatever you would like to do. I would still pick up the megans if i was looking for a bargain...
Old 01-02-2005 | 11:21 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by jack_n_coke
Heres another option, the name "stone" seems heard of , check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...944952814&rd=1
read the description

it's funny...

FORGET OBX - THAT IS CHINESE MADE JUNK

I KNOW - WE USED TO SELL THEM !!

THESE ARE THE REAL DEAL ....

LOL
Old 01-03-2005 | 08:01 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
They're sitting in my closet. Contemplating whether or not I want to bother putting them on, or if I'll just sell them.
if you decides to sell them let me know~
Old 01-03-2005 | 12:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

those stone headers look like 6 speeders too..
Old 01-25-2005 | 01:19 AM
Advanced

Still waiting on the Groupbuy from V6P?

Im getting sort of frustrated by the wait time on these Megan headers. I ordered the headers from the group buy back in November, and I still havent received them, not an update either. Is anybody else here waiting on their headers. I would like to know.

thanks
b
Old 01-25-2005 | 08:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by redbaronace
Im getting sort of frustrated by the wait time on these Megan headers. I ordered the headers from the group buy back in November, and I still havent received them, not an update either. Is anybody else here waiting on their headers. I would like to know.

thanks
b
You guys may have gotten ripped. I would stop payment on the purchase.
Old 01-25-2005 | 08:20 AM
Racer

I had my Megans installed like 3 weeks ago. No problems. No leaks. No resonance. No fitment issues.
Old 01-25-2005 | 09:02 AM
Advanced

Sorry for the newbie question - I did some searching, but still cant really find out what i want...

What exactly will replacing my headers give me?
Do i need to replace the whole exhaust system also?
How hard is it to do it?
Old 01-25-2005 | 09:47 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by memzback
Sorry for the newbie question - I did some searching, but still cant really find out what i want...

What exactly will replacing my headers give me?
Do i need to replace the whole exhaust system also?
How hard is it to do it?
Read this artlcle from howstuffworks.com. It's a good read...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question172.htm

My understanding is that the headers will result in an incremental 20-30bhp...

Don't know the answer to your other questions...
Old 01-25-2005 | 03:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by redbaronace

thanks
b

If you check the v6p forum they have been giving updates. Supposedly they will be shipped this week Thursday/Friday. Tracking numbers should be issued then.
I'm still waiting too.
Old 01-25-2005 | 03:41 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

My Megans went on perfectly and I haven't had an issue yet...

I was one of the last ones who got them before this "delayed" shippment. You were not ripped off and I'm pretty sure if you check on V6P you will find many others that are in your situation, you are not the only one waiting for the shippment.

Plus the guy running the group buy is a good guy, he wouldn't do that, I assure you.
Old 01-25-2005 | 06:33 PM
Racer

i am still waiting for mine. Kinda pissed but whatevers. He is a good guy, quick replys on the posts too bad the hsipping is not as quick. Oh wells. Seems like the megan headers are making a name for itself. Still though there is still alot of non beleiver out there taht still live by " you get what you paid for " mentality. Hey if you rich guys got the money to spend go for it, poor folks like me gotts stick with the NOT so famous names but do the same job products. Sorry to be off topic though but people with megan seems like its getting a good responce
Old 01-25-2005 | 10:11 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by SLAMMED_WDP_TLS
i am still waiting for mine. Kinda pissed but whatevers. He is a good guy, quick replys on the posts too bad the hsipping is not as quick. Oh wells. Seems like the megan headers are making a name for itself. Still though there is still alot of non beleiver out there taht still live by " you get what you paid for " mentality. Hey if you rich guys got the money to spend go for it, poor folks like me gotts stick with the NOT so famous names but do the same job products. Sorry to be off topic though but people with megan seems like its getting a good responce
dave has no control with the headers, they are not even at USA!!!

dave orders from megan and now it's megan who don't have the headers here
Old 01-25-2005 | 11:36 PM
Racer

To be honest with you. As a megan distributor, Dave SHOULD NOT have sold the headers without having them in stock. He clearly knew that they were out of stock. Ask all my customers, I never even TAKE payments for the headers before I know for sure I can get them the track number within 24 hours. Im not saying Im great, but im proving Dave messed up.
As for the price, Dave got in trouble with megan for selling it that low so whosevers got it for that price got a a great deal that will never come again because Dave probably wont be getting anymore headers from Megan
Old 01-25-2005 | 11:36 PM
Racer

except for the backorders that he will be receiving
Old 01-25-2005 | 11:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

keepingitclean.. how much can you get megan headers for? im interested.
thanks
Old 01-25-2005 | 11:45 PM
Racer

I dont want to get in trouble with the mods here, Im not authorized to sell products on this site.
Old 01-28-2005 | 10:35 AM
All go, no show

Megan headers are FINALLY being installed today... I'll let you guys know. In the meantime, I drive my friend's Dinan 330... temporary conversion to the darkside.
Old 01-28-2005 | 12:37 PM
HELP!

keep us posted. I hope someone does a dyno with these headers soon
Old 01-28-2005 | 01:06 PM
All go, no show

I need to rant. The guys that are doing my header install called before and wanted $375 for the install. Said something about it taking 4-5 hrs, and that it's harder to do for my car since it's not an inline 6 and something about a transverse axel?

Anyway, the crafty bastard self-bargained himself down to 300 right off the bat to make it sound like a great deal. I asked him if he could go lower, and he went down to 275.

I got off the phone feeling rather unsettled, since from what I've read here installs usually run $200, and only take about 2 hours.

Anyway, i searched around some more just to doublecheck and called the dude back and told him that $275 was way too much since I knew a lot of people who pay $200 to get this sort of thing done. I also mentioned to him that people often do this install themselves in about 2 hrs. I guess he realized the jig was up, cuz he told me he would doublecheck his pricing manual and lo-and-behold - he could do the job for $200. He gave me some BS about "Oh I gave you the price for install on an Acura Legend". What crap.

Anyway, I know $200 isn't not a great price, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of picking up my car again, hunting around for a different place to do it, and then bringing my car there again early in the morning.
Old 01-28-2005 | 01:07 PM
All go, no show

Haha I just got a call.. my car is ready The dude said something about the way the headers are made, one of the pipes lays right against the oil pan? Does anyone have any idea what the deal with this is?
Old 01-28-2005 | 01:42 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Haha I just got a call.. my car is ready The dude said something about the way the headers are made, one of the pipes lays right against the oil pan? Does anyone have any idea what the deal with this is?

I did mine myself and I didn't see the headers close to anything... not sure how they could be too close to the oil pan? they would have to have a shorter pipe than they are supposed to and I don't see that happening. I bolted the two pieces onto the engine, and then the bottom piece slid up and in perfectly... I had to fiddle with the bolts from the cat but that was the only thing that I had to work on... everything else was simple.

Can you take pics of the headers installed? I'll try to take some pics of mine and we'll see if there is a difference or if they all are that close...
Old 01-28-2005 | 02:27 PM
Pro

The first flex pipe is pretty dangerous if you bottom out. I've got them installed for $100. There is a noticable difference with power. I hope someone will dyno them before and after install.
Old 01-28-2005 | 03:30 PM
All go, no show

Ok I just got my car back. The mechanic who worked on the car reiterated to me that one of the pipes is really close/touching the oil pan... not sure how that is?

The gains are noticeable, and the CAI is even louder under WOT, BUT there's a loud annoying buzzing sound above 2k RPMs, esp. under hard acceleration. Do you think this noise will go away eventually? I'm supposed to take the car back tmmrw morning for them to look at it.

Also, my radio was reset. The 5 digit code on the radio card I have doesn't work. Will any Acura dealership be able to help me out with this?
Old 01-28-2005 | 05:04 PM
HELP!

Ok I just got my car back. The mechanic who worked on the car reiterated to me that one of the pipes is really close/touching the oil pan... not sure how that is?

The gains are noticeable, and the CAI is even louder under WOT, BUT there's a loud annoying buzzing sound above 2k RPMs, esp. under hard acceleration. Do you think this noise will go away eventually? I'm supposed to take the car back tmmrw morning for them to look at it.

Also, my radio was reset. The 5 digit code on the radio card I have doesn't work. Will any Acura dealership be able to help me out with this?

hm is the buzzing sound resonance? are you gonna dyno it?
Old 01-28-2005 | 05:25 PM
Racer

I guess you got the second batch from dave or internet. On the third batch, the downpipe is made .5 inch lower for the better fit and finish because this problem was addressed. The reason why so many brands are having problems on the tl is because the header area is a bit smaller than the accord which is why a slightly longer downpipe is needed for proper clearance of the oil pan. MAKE SURE you ask your mechanic to make some adjustments and not just bolt it on.
Regarding a buzzing sound above 2k, i DO have a slight buzzing around 2-3k but nothing above that and its mostly because my headers were installed by some shitty mechanic that doesnt want to do adjustments because they were about to close. Some people with these headers didnt have any buzzing so it can be done wtih proper install. However, I dont hear any buzzing under WOT. Im sure the buzzing sound can be eliminated if the pipes are adjusted. So you might want to retighten your bolts tom but it would be better to tighten them after a week. Im changing mine to the third batch sometime next week and ill post results again
Old 01-28-2005 | 05:29 PM
Racer

also, whoever you bought it from, the warranty should be valid as long as they are authorized. Give megan racing a call to maybe do a warranty exchange if your headers are defected after attempts to fix possislbe improper installation. They are really good about this.
Old 01-28-2005 | 08:48 PM
All go, no show

thanks for the info. what sort of adjustments could be done so the oilpan isn't agains the downpipe?
Old 01-28-2005 | 09:46 PM
Racer

read my new thread
Old 01-29-2005 | 11:21 AM
All go, no show

I took my car back today.. the mechanic can't seem to figure out where the buzzing resonance is coming from.