Paint is peeling like a banana!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 01:08 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is not good!!

I just picked up my WDP TL-S Friday, 8/24. Saturday, 8/25, I took it to my Mom's for her to check it out (she has a real good eye for noticing the smallest defects). Guess what. She found a small bubble like a small piece of dirt that had been painted over right under the passender side view mirror. She also found a paint flake on the outside of the clearcoat. My sister looked at the rear driverside window and said "Oh no. You.ve got a scratch in the glass." Sure enough, its like a diamond scratched the glass.

Now all of you are listing these problems with the paint and I'm REALLY WORRIED. What do I do? Am i faced with dealing with dealerships who are going to treat me like crap? Is it going to be worse since we bought it from a broker and not a dealership? Do I need to start off with a letter instead of going to a dealership? Help!!!

I waited a long time for this da@n car and I don't like what I'm seeing.

Drives like a champ though!!
Old 08-27-2001, 02:17 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAINT AND GLASS PROBLEMS

I have the SAME problem with the glass (and the paint). My scratch (like a diamond scratch) is on the passenger's side. Where is yours?

You can take you car to ANY dealer and discuss warranty issues. As for anything else, call Acura Customer Care AND get the name of the Executive VP in your region. Write him with your complaints and mention other owners that you are aware of too! My wife sent off a letter last week...we have yet to hear from Acura....but are waiting!

Sorry about the glitches.....unfortunately alot of us are in the same boat!

BTW, the Acura number is 800-382-2238

Take care
Old 08-27-2001, 02:51 PM
Intermediate

Saw my car today....

This is my last post. At least as a TL-S owner. I have made a deal to get the "manager's car" from my dealership. It is a silver 2002 MDX with 2500 miles on it and just about every accessory you can think of. It is AWESOME! The paint is much better. Side by side with new TL-S's, there is a obvious difference. They gave it to me for $25,300 plus tags. I dropped my car off late Friday and today it was being taken to the Acura licensed body shop for repainting. I guess someone else will get the car. I feel sorry for them, but what can I do? Hope everyone has their problems fixed soon and future buyers be careful. I will check back every now and then to see what's up.

Later
Old 08-27-2001, 03:08 PM
Pro

Thumbs up GOOD FOR YOU!

ChesterTLS (I guess you are now ChesterMDX),

Congratulations on getting what you wanted! Still in a quandry as to why Acura just would not pay you a couple of grand to have the car repainted with a quality paint job (like the MDX) but to each his own. In the long run, you are happy and have what you wanted in the first place! Kudos for you!

As for the rest of us, we are left to try and figure out solutions for our paint issues. I'm sure they won't offer all of us MDXs...nor would we all want to have one over our TLSes.

ANY information you can pass on to us (within your legal limits) would be appreciated. Acura needs to take care of ALL of us with problems...not just the squeekiest wheel.

Again, I'm happy you got what you wanted!!!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 03:29 PM
Instructor

She found a small bubble like a small piece of dirt that had been painted over right under the passender side view mirror
I was ZAINO-ing my car yesterday and found a couple of those. It looks like a "trapped dirt". Looks like they painted car w/o thouroughly cleaning the car.
Is it what you guys refer as "bubble?"

Guess whatelse I found?

You're not gonna believe it.
I found a finger print!!!

But I still luv my TL