Paint Issues/problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 11:51 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Paint Issues/problems

I spoke to an Acura Customer Service Rep yesterday and brought up the water-soluble paint issue. I explained that I am member of a forum and am hearing the same complaints among other TL-S owners. When I asked if Acura had any comments about it, there were none. However, she did mention that if this item became a recall, Acura would take care of their customers. SHe also explained the process of an issue.

If an issue is just under a "bulletin" that means Acura is aware of a problem but won't do a general recall. Basically what I got out of that is if there is a bulletin out on a problem, only those that notify the dealerships will get attention. Now if there is a recall, ALL TL-S owners get notification in the mail of the problem and take care of all owners. At present, there doesn't seem to be either on the paint quality. That means we have work to do. For those of us experiencing problems or have issues with the paint quality, CALL Acura Customer Service at 1-800-382-2238. ANY company will get away with what they can. If we are all grumbling to each other about the sucky paint job.....it won't do us any good if Acura is not notified. Who knows, enough attention to this problem, they may just do something about it.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

tl4mo
Old 08-17-2001, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Acura TLC is -not- run by Acura. It's sub-contracted to a third party call center operator. Most likely it is staffed with kids making minimum wage that take other calls in addition to those from Acura customers. Call centers are highly automated. If the answer to a question isn't in the database the rep can either say "I don't know" or they can make something up. You should really think of TLC as a big Acura answering service. They're primary function is logging calls and dispatching tow trucks. I wouldn't count on them for detailed information or the latest product information.
Old 08-17-2001, 02:55 PM
Pro

Don't think I was talking to Acura TLC. There was a separate toll free number from the TLC one. As far as I can tell, I was talking to a customer service rep from Acura....as if I were talking to a Toyota Cus. Svc rep.....not someone who only deals in tows and such. Nevertheless, that's not the point, the point is that we all need to make Acura aware of our dissatisfaction.

Who's in?