Paint??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint??

I just picked up my Aegean Blue TL, I noticed that I had spots (pits) on the trunk. I called the dealer and I am gonna bring it there tomarrow. I know others have had this same problem with the paint, just wondered how it was resolved ???
Was it re-painted???

Thanks
Old 07-16-2001, 08:30 PM
Banned

Next to the squeaky sunroof issue I think paint is the biggest complaint on the '02 TL-Ss. The topic has been discussed extensively (soft paint, uneven paint, paint blemishes, etc) so do a quick search here and you should find what you're looking for.
Old 07-17-2001, 09:35 AM
Instructor

If that was me and my brand new car I would try to get them to swap the truck with another blue car they had on the lot. If they repaint it your screwed. If they say that's the only thing they can do you need to be credited $1000.00. And let me explain why. My buddy bought a brand new 98 accord v6 coupe(in 98 of coarse) and one year later he noticed the back left quarter panel had lost it's shine, and there was this mark on the top of the quarter panel(like a rub or something). Well one of our friends have been in auto body for a long time and we had him look at it. He said this happens all the time. The dealer by accident rubbed, damaged(what ever you want to call it) the car. So they took it back to the body shop through a quick spray of color and clear a presto! It looks perfect. Well that quick spray tends to wear off in most cases. Anyway he took the car back and argued because it had been a year and the dealer wasn't agreeing with him, but after a long fight they agreed to repaint it. When he got it back it looked like sh!t so they painted it again. He was satified but not happy. He was pissed they tried to hide this. They basically sold him a damaged car.

Now the point to all of this is when he traded it for his S2000 he made sure he went back to the same dealer. This is what they told him. They weren't going to give him what he wanted because it had been repainted and that devalued it by at least $1000 according to the dealer. Then he argued it was there fault and he wasn't going to take less for his car they devalued. Anyway, it was a big pain in his a$$. So all I can say is, if they repaint it, people and especially dealers won't want to give you as much for it, and they'll assume it's been damaged. Therefore if they repaint request that money your gonna loose now from the dealer. And if they say I've never heard of a new paint job devalueing a vehicle, ask them why Honda of Mckinney said it does.

Just thought you should know.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:55 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Re: Paint??

Originally posted by JL6267
I just picked up my Aegean Blue TL, I noticed that I had spots (pits) on the trunk.
What spot????????Can't see......
Old 07-17-2001, 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

The Acura paint job is about .0000009 microns thin - an embarrasment to automobiles