AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL (1999-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/)
-   -   Are our cars ricers? (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/our-cars-ricers-744563/)

xTheWarrior 09-21-2009 08:57 PM

^^^agreed

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:06 PM

See thewarrior is the smartest tl owner here!!
If u wanted a fast car the u should have bought a wrx evo or 350z!
They all have alot more aftermarket support and alot more potential.
When is was buying my car I also was looking at a wrx and would have bought that if I wanted to build a fast car but the inside looked cheap and seAts were not nearly as. Comphy as my cl so I bought mine. Cuz I was not looking for speed more luxery then speed! But it seems like alot of u guys wants a fast car and I'm sorry to tell you no matter what u do you will not be able to make the car fast. When I say fast I mean high 12 low 13 1/4 mile car.. That's all I have been tring to say!!

SLushhYYY 09-21-2009 09:18 PM

:yawn:

DC3328 09-21-2009 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Burnricers (Post 11334044)
He's not putting a turbo kit on it, he's doing bolt-ons and ALL bolt-on TL's are still slow :rolleyes: YES you can make ANY car fast but not with bolt-ons. Even some of the bolted 3G TL-S break into the high 13's but that's not fast.

I love my TL but it's by far one of the slowest cars i've ever owned and I know that, take it for what it is. It's a FANTASTIC luxury sedan with enough umph so you don't feel like you have to keep up with traffic, and yea it'll spank some rice too :tongue:

yea, like TouringLow said before its all relative, to some ppl this is the fastest car they've had. but i think you understand what making a car fast is all about :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by xTheWarrior (Post 11333966)
no i bought it to be a lil bit louder, not to be fast our cars are slow
and that civic would still be slow, insted of using all that money on all those performance mods use that money towards a car that can be that fast stock

you obviously dont know that much about cars if you think anything on 20lbs of boost is slow.. but the point of making something fast is the fun! doing it yourself, learning and then racing a dodge viper and winning (who do you think payed more, cars and mods included?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYQQi...eature=related

Originally Posted by StonedCL (Post 11334106)
See thewarrior is the smartest tl owner here!!
If u wanted a fast car the u should have bought a wrx evo or 350z!
They all have alot more aftermarket support and alot more potential.
When is was buying my car I also was looking at a wrx and would have bought that if I wanted to build a fast car but the inside looked cheap and seAts were not nearly as. Comphy as my cl so I bought mine. Cuz I was not looking for speed more luxery then speed! But it seems like alot of u guys wants a fast car and I'm sorry to tell you no matter what u do you will not be able to make the car fast. When I say fast I mean high 12 low 13 1/4 mile car.. That's all I have been tring to say!!

you're right, im gonna go buy my Veyron right now and call it a day!

and your gonna eat your words when Rajca is done..

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:19 PM

Rockstar when it comes to me doing all my bolt on,s and being a hypocrite. I work on cars I love to take shit apart and put togher and work at A dlr. I do it cuz I enjoy it I cleaned out my egr port so while having the im and tb off I put on spacers my boy wanted to make his accord stock before selling it so he said if I take his headers off and put the stock ones back on I could have the headers and the pulley was put on after my ps belt started to show signs of tearing so every engine mod I did I did to kill time cuz it's a hobby of mine and payed a total of $150 for those 3 mods. I did not buy them and pay someone to put them on. With the headers I had some techs help me for a case of beer but with every mod I did I did cuz I enjoy working on cars not to make it faster if anything if was to make more efficiant and get better mpg not to build a race car !!

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:27 PM

Rajka is gutting a perfectly good luxury car for what?
So u can tell me I told u so? Yeah let's gut my car and spend all my time and money so I can have a 12 second fwd boat with massave torque steer just so I can prove to some idiot on acuracl.com that my car can be fast!! Seems like he can be doing better things with his time and money then this? For gods sake a roll cage for a cl who is he mario andrette?

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by StonedCL (Post 11334172)
Rajka is gutting a perfectly good luxury car for what?
So u can tell me I told u so? Yeah let's gut my car and spend all my time and money so I can have a 12 second fwd boat with massave torque steer just so I can prove to some idiot on acuracl.com that my car can be fast!! Seems like he can be doing better things with his time and money then this? For gods sake a roll cage for a cl who is he mario andrette?

DC3328 that post was to you... If he does do it then he needs to find a girlfriend or summtin cuz anyone that goes through all he is doing to make a FWD luxury coupe fast has more things to worry about then proving me wrong!:whyme:

DC3328 09-21-2009 09:43 PM

i guess your brain is gonna explode when you see this? :hide:

https://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8739/clsmall01.jpg
https://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2012/clsmall02.jpg

(clickable thumbnail)
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5489/aug3623.th.jpg

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:44 PM

But for real, if he (rajka)wanted a real track car pick up a used 350Z and gut that.. He would waste alot less time and money and have alot better track car the this boat.. I love my car but com,mon there is no sense in trying to turn this into a race car It will just plow through turns!! 68% of its weight is up front and after he removes the seats and spare and all trunk lining then 70% of the weight will be up front.. IT might be fast in a strait line when he is done but when he tries to turn he will keep going strait!

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:45 PM

DC thats not even street leagal and that is not a CL he just used the body..
My head is shaking is disbelife at those morans for doing that to a perfectly good car!

Those guys can be doing alot better things with there time and money... thats like a funny car what does that have to do with our cars being slow?
You cant turn that thing , u cant even drive it?

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:49 PM

I bet they wasted well over 100K on that thing.. with 20K for a used 350Z and 80K in upgrades u can prob make something just as fast but street leagal or better yeat 70K for a GTR and 30K in upgrades and u got a track car , not a car that can ONLY go strait!

DC3328 09-21-2009 09:50 PM

As for some specs, and the question from the gentleman who ask if any of the car had any CL parts on it. The doors are fiberglass and it has a one piece front end as well. the rest of the car is a real CL. The doors and front were made from a mold of my everyday CL. The motor is the J32 and has a single turbo. The car has been built to the old NHRA//MOD specs, 3/4chassis. Right now I'm building it to comply with ORSCA 10.5 class as well as the MOD class in NSCRA. Plans in the future are to see if it can be competitive in NHRA CCAT class. But for right now, I'm concentrating on the ORSCA.
that is a CL, its a J32, look at the engine pic lol if you've got the money why not, why judge them? thats all I'm trying to say

StonedCL 09-21-2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by DC3328 (Post 11334248)
that is a CL, its a J32, look at the engine pic lol if you've got the money why not, why judge them? thats all I'm trying to say

Im not judging them if they wanna do the 1/4 mile in 9 seconds but thats in not even be able to go around the block then thats there poragative..
Im not judging anyone just letting everyone know that if they bought this car to make it fast then they are wasting time and money cuz there alot better cars suited for that that r cheaper! If you bought the car to have a nice elegant hwy cruiser that can merge in and out of traffic with ease and with luxury then this is a GREAT car!

Thats all i am tring to say!

DC3328 09-21-2009 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by StonedCL (Post 11334256)
Im not judging anyone just letting everyone know that if they bought this car to make it fast then they are wasting time and money cuz there alot better cars suited for that that r cheaper!

Thats all i am tring to say!

well i totally agree! if they don't know that already i believe we should automatically assume they are retarded. no need to rub it in their faces :tomato:

but we still choose to do it because why the hell not? leave us alone to enjoy our boats, thats all im saying

StonedCL 09-21-2009 10:03 PM

I never rub just these I smoked a mustang threads make me crazy. I used to be the same way when I was young and saw my 2 freinds die while street racing 6-7 years ago so evrytime I read one of those threads it brings me back to that day and it's not a good place . You can be thebest driver in the world but at 120 mph it does not take much to put u in the grave it Does not even have to be u but someone suddenly makes a lane change and your life is over!!

-LaYZiE- 09-21-2009 10:32 PM

where is that popular fuck YASSHA? hes always in threads posting gay ass pics or making jokes to get people to like him, and he is always on this site because he has no life and gets no pussy.

anyways would people ask themselves, "WHY?" when they see an 03 TL with exhaust and lip kit and all that other stuff?

DC3328 09-21-2009 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by StonedCL (Post 11334286)
I never rub just these I smoked a mustang threads make me crazy. I used to be the same way when I was young and saw my 2 freinds die while street racing 6-7 years ago so evrytime I read one of those threads it brings me back to that day and it's not a good place . You can be thebest driver in the world but at 120 mph it does not take much to put u in the grave it Does not even have to be u but someone suddenly makes a lane change and your life is over!!

sorry for your loss, and i know where your coming from my friend was killed by a drunk driver, you never know when your times gonna be up and street racing doesnt help your chances. to tell you the truth i really dont know what else to say, just that your kinda rubbing ppl the wrong way with your posts, maybe you could try a different approach? :dunno:

DC3328 09-21-2009 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by -LaYZiE- (Post 11334351)
where is that popular fuck YASSHA? hes always in threads posting gay ass pics or making jokes to get people to like him, and he is always on this site because he has no life and gets no pussy.

anyways would people ask themselves, "WHY?" when they see an 03 TL with exhaust and lip kit and all that other stuff?

:doh: see this doesnt help, i havent seen so many 17 year olds on the forums before. i guess i was part of this declining age statistic a couple years ago

-LaYZiE- 09-21-2009 10:45 PM

^^^ hey man lay off i have an 03 TL Type S and it is my first car im new. I can tell you one thing it aint no race car and anybody with performance parts in it is only making themsleves look like a damn fool

DC3328 09-21-2009 10:51 PM

k. thanks for calling me and 90% of ppl that post a fool?

-LaYZiE- 09-21-2009 10:53 PM

why would you tell me thanks? that kinda an insult... wtf

Burnricers 09-21-2009 11:00 PM

StonedCL, I hate to contradict you but the 350z is not fast either, stock they are mid-low 14's and barely faster than our cars stock. A goal of low 13's is good and all but for example my last car was a turbo MIATA and it was high 12's so again I don't feel low 13's is fast because my miata wasn't fast. I built it for auto-x which it owned most cars at, it would devastate in the twisties but i'd still get walked in the long straights.

As I said before I suppose what's fast is all relative to the persons previously owned cars but I don't consider anything slower than high 11's to be fast. We have some cars locally running 10's that are street legal and daily driven. They are domestics and not my cup of tea(i've owned 6 cars all of which have always been imports) but damn you better believe they are FAST.

jwskier187 09-21-2009 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by StonedCL (Post 11334286)

So you take all that anger out on the people on the forum....real mature. I dont see how that story has anything to do with a car being fast or not. Thats a choice people make whether their cars fast or not. Sorry you lost your friends but if hearing about racing reminds you about your loss maybe you should simply talk to people about making the right choice instead of saying their cars slow:shrug:

Rejckt 09-22-2009 12:56 AM

I think there's a conflict on interest going around here. No the TL is generally not a fast car, but i think as dc3328 says... let people do as they please. Yes we can buy a 4 banger, forge an engine and boost it like hell... but it's been done so many times before. I've seen more lambos / ferrarris than FI TL/CL. I use my car as a daily driver and I maintain almost all my luxury (if not, gained a better driving experience with fi),

The 350z isn't fast stock, but their bolt-ons give them MAJOR gains and once you throw that greddy tt on, that thing takes off... That vq motor's a beast.

-LaYZie-: u aInT KnO fO shO daT dA tL aInT a RaCE cAR, sO bEfo yOU run YO mOuF aND inSuLT uS do SUm rEsEeRcH nD hAf SOme FiRSt HaND ExpErIEnCe.

Burnricers 09-22-2009 01:19 AM

lol @ post directed at LaYZie ^

I will agree that the vq can make decent gains with FI, but I will have to disagree that with boltons they make good gains. Full bolton Z's often barely break 13's and only trap about 102 which is far from extraordinary. The bad thing though is that most boosted Z's will do no better than high 12's and believe it or not they do not take boost well. Anything really over 12psi and they like to pop, that is definitely NOT boost friendly.

A friend of mine had a fully bolted Z stick and is a good driver and he bested a 9.1 at a 1/8 mile track, he now drives a lexus IS350(luxury sedan with similar features to the TL) which is auto and hit a 9 flat stock, maybe that will help put in perspective how the Z is really not a fast car, even bolted.

Flipster23 09-22-2009 01:29 AM

:popcorn:

AdamType-S 09-22-2009 02:17 AM

I bought my TL-S because it is a great car all around. Aside from the tranny issues, it is luxurious, economical, good looking, reliable, and has power. For only $2000 I completely upgraded the intake, exhaust system (front to back) and brakes. The only cosmetic enhancements I have made were tints and painted calipers. This car will last me a long time and I use it everyday, so if I want to install a refrigerated beer holder, or paint the carpet red, or even install a damn microwave into the dash for hot pockets than thats my choice. Guys like StonedCL can criticize all they want but at the end of the day I'm happy and they are not. :yum:

StonedCL 09-22-2009 08:23 AM

When saying the 350 cant be a monster look at this..dragslips.com
Its what people are actully running the 1/4 mile look at CLs TL,s nuttin in the 12's 13's and there is 10 people that ran 11's in there 350z's..

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

StonedCL 09-22-2009 08:24 AM

I am not critasizing anyone just letting everyone know the TRUTH and the TRUTH hurts!

StonedCL 09-22-2009 08:27 AM

Actully im wront there are 3 people that broke 13's in there cl's and 10 people in the 11's with a 350z and the CL has been out longer so u tell me what car can be built faster!

twistedwedge 09-22-2009 08:49 AM

Wow...these threads get waaaay out of hand..lol. Ill get flamed for this as well, but high 14's is NOT fast. Quick? perhaps.

What it all boils down to is most people have never owned anything that will run better than high 13's. Especially the youngins.. I used to have a high 9-low 10 second factory suspension car, but it was built (and it definitely wasnt a TL..lol) Ive also had a bone stock low 13 second car..

I think the point stoned is trying to make is: if you want a fast car that will put down some good times at the strip-the TL is not a good candidate. Even that CL that someone posted up above is a far cry from being factory anything. That thing is tube chassis, and RWD.. Our cars are FWD for one, heavy as hell for two, and theres not a whole lot available for three..all equates to limited potential and lots of $$$.

But anyways...back to topic..sorry OP. Our cars are definitely NOT rice. They are a great combination/balance of sport, touring & luxury. Not to say that it cant be turned into rice...judging from the pics rockstar posted above (is that one pic a 4th gen firebird???) anything can. Bottom line is do what you like. If youre happy with what you got and want to do some mods to make it quicker...have at it.

Oh and please-if you want to race, do it at the track!

And BTW- I love my TLS. Probably the most well balanced ride Ive owned to date. Once I get that 6 speed installed..will probably be in the family for a long time.

fsttyms1 09-22-2009 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by StonedCL (Post 11335073)
I am not critasizing anyone just letting everyone know the TRUTH and the TRUTH hurts!

Will you KNOCK IT OFF. Your shit is getting old, real old. What is not fast to you may be fast for someone else. PERIOD. Just because you don't think your car is fast it doesn't mean that its not. Every one has their own definition of what is quick. Not every one can afford to run out and get a 350 (which isnt that fast) or a STI and mod it to your definition of quick. These cars are becoming affordable to many younger people now and every one has to start out somewhere. Coming in here and chastising people because you think differently isnt right. You also CONSTANTLY assume that every one that tries to compare their car to something you "believe" to be quicker is automatically street racing which you condemn. Sure we all have done the occasional hot rod on the street but many of us do take it to the track (where i have hung with many cars you claim to be fast, like a friend that can get into the high 12s with his 315whp mustang that i loose to by just half a car every time i race him- which is a mid low 13 for me) Also these cars are VERY good for auto-x and lapping days without spending a whole lot of money. We all know your opinion, keep it to yourself now and quit making these threads go so far off topic.

UNDEFINEDTL 09-22-2009 04:37 PM

what if the h/b rolled up on you and handed you a new one! wouldnt that be sad. I wish someone would rice out a 900hp h/b and let everyone tease! like tony palo?! rice out a car and spank everyone!@

phee 09-22-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by DC3328 (Post 11334140)
yea, like TouringLow said before its all relative, to some ppl this is the fastest car they've had. but i think you understand what making a car fast is all about :thumbsup:

you obviously dont know that much about cars if you think anything on 20lbs of boost is slow.. but the point of making something fast is the fun! doing it yourself, learning and then racing a dodge viper and winning (who do you think payed more, cars and mods included?)

you're right, im gonna go buy my Veyron right now and call it a day!

and your gonna eat your words when Rajca is done..

that viper launched like a pussy. if u have a viper and u get out of the hole slower than a FWD boosted car u should throw a match in your gas tank

Rejckt 09-22-2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by phee (Post 11337029)
that viper launched like a pussy. if u have a viper and u get out of the hole slower than a FWD boosted car u should throw a match in your gas tank

Will that make my car go faster? Since the fuel's getting ignited earlier, it may give really good gains. I think someone should try it.

twistedwedge 09-23-2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by phee (Post 11337029)

I can tell you from firsthand experience that vipers arent all that fast...unless youre referring to a hennessey version or something stupid like that:thumbsup:

Rockstar21 09-23-2009 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by twistedwedge (Post 11340541)
I can tell you from firsthand experience that vipers arent all that fast...unless youre referring to a hennessey version or something stupid like that:thumbsup:

i seen a guy run a 14.0 in a viper at the track at least 3 times in a row...

he had a helmet and race suit and everything.. what a douche... :rofl:

AlanW 09-23-2009 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by jjashaa (Post 11322623)
its from the future..

So who knows~~~ :tomato:

lmao

StonedCL 09-23-2009 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=DC3328;11334140]

QUOTE]

First off you can tell the viper guy can't drive... second off that viper can consistantly take a beating but the civic looks like its gonna blow up after that run!! Its smoking and sparking and sounds like the moter had enough!
Some engines are made for 500-600 HP no problem and with not much $$ with the J series has its limits when it comes to support and prob the power it can handle (well the engine prob could handle it but have not really seen a J put down 500 HP)

ineedmyfixofacura 09-23-2009 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by StonedCL (Post 11326586)
ANd BTW my CL type-s has a CAI, IM and TB spacers, OBX headers , and option pulley and it still is not that fast. You guys need to drive some more different cars if you really think this car is fast.. I am not bashing anyone or the car there are lots or GREAT cars that r not fast , I am ust pointing out the obviouse Im not hating in any way.. Maybee my preaching that this car is not a race car will save someones life or stop them from street racing and the I helped.. Everyone thinks cuz I say these cars are not fast means I hate the car or am bashing you, and that is deff not the case...!
Dont get me wrong when I got my car back in 2000 I was the first to own a V6 type-s w 260HP and I was 19-20.. I also though I was the shit..
I though hey i can smoke my boys m3 he only got 240 HP after getting smokes bad and spinning out into a divider at 130 I learned that my car was not that fast even though I had 20 more HP then my boys M3... I also though I was that fastest thing on RT 80 and had to put some civics and accords to shame cuz everyone tried reving on me but quickly learned there alot of cars alot faster then mine.. 10 years later and now every v6 sedan is faster then my sport coupe, do I care..not one bit.. I have no car payment havent had one in 5 years and the car still runs great and cosmetically looks good and I know enough about it to fix anything that goes wrong so i keep it.. I just recently purcased my first condo so really cant afford a car payment right now and have a new tranny in my car w/3 year warrenty so 3 years more you guys have to put up with me telling you that your car is not that fast!

IDK man, I agree with you at one side but at another, I'm only 17 and like to mess around. I know my car isn't fast not like my bros Zo6, but I'll still do a quick run with anyone, even bikes lol, I have one my fair share of races against 8th gen SI's, 95 BMW 740il, Dodge Neon, Preludes, Pontiac and what not else. I also lost some like to some Honda motorcycle, to my bros Zo6 lol, and to some BMWS, and a Mustang GT, but most importantly I had some fun while doing it, and wining was just a bonus.