Oops

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007 | 11:12 PM
Race Director

Question Oops

Well I got two issues.

First of all that door that has the not an ashtray in it has been getting stuck. Getting it open you have to jam it open. However closing it works just like normal. This just started happening to me today and I have no idea why?

Now I figured I would go out and try to figure it out. Of course I had no luck in that but also did something else. I was messing around with it and during the process I had a penny drop down behind that little door you have to remove to get the cars codes. Now I looked down there with a flashlight and I couldnt see anything. Im assuming thats not a big deal right? I honestly have no idea whats done there.

Any help on either topic is greatly appericated.
Old 05-30-2007 | 02:30 AM
Put the shoes back on in

There may be a quarter or something stuck in it to make it funky to open.. If you keep change in there of course. It has happened to me many times, the first time it happened i thought something was wrong and thought i'd have to be fixin' something.. It's an easy fix, just take a small bladed knife or something that is thin and strong to just pry the change out. If you use a knife, be careful.

I wouldn't worry about the penny falling unless it just bugs the hell out of you. The little pocket under the "change-tray" and inbetween the heated seat control pops out and with a light you can look around in there for the penny.
Old 05-30-2007 | 10:23 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ramojr
There may be a quarter or something stuck in it to make it funky to open.. If you keep change in there of course. It has happened to me many times, the first time it happened i thought something was wrong and thought i'd have to be fixin' something.. It's an easy fix, just take a small bladed knife or something that is thin and strong to just pry the change out. If you use a knife, be careful.

I wouldn't worry about the penny falling unless it just bugs the hell out of you. The little pocket under the "change-tray" and inbetween the heated seat control pops out and with a light you can look around in there for the penny.

See thats actually what happened I took off the door and I saw a nickle and a penny jammed in there so I moved the nickle no problem but the penny fell down in there and landing lord knows were. Now im not really worried about that the part that bugs me is the door is still jammed up.
Old 05-30-2007 | 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Odds are there is a coin holding that door up. Take the console apart and remove that piece and make sure. Also pick up any dropped coins behind there.

This is 5 years of coins falling out the back side and sliding under the carpet. Almost 16 dollars between teh 2 sides

Old 05-30-2007 | 01:34 PM
Instructor

haha..it's everywhere
Old 05-30-2007 | 01:51 PM
Race Director

HOLY CRAP!!!! yeah I probably do need to take it apart but I cant find were the little sucker is.
Old 05-30-2007 | 09:44 PM
Race Director

Alright I got the pics and I figured out which coin in paticular was giving me the problems. These are after pics so dont expect to see anything.

Here is the spot where the coin was jamming up the door.

Now its almost inpossible to see in the pic but while getting it out it fell down onto the ledge right here and its still there because its WAY back and not worth the trouble of getting out.

Not only was there that nickle that fell back in there from me moving it to fix the door but there was a few other coins that had fallen on the ledges down there. most of them fell on the left side and one of them I dropped down the hole so im sure I will never see it again. But my door opens again so all is good.
Old 05-30-2007 | 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Take the console out and get all the coins that did fall
Old 05-30-2007 | 10:05 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Take the console out and get all the coins that did fall

hm lets see hours worth of time for about 15 cents..... let me get right on that.