This is the only way?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the only way?

Well I had bought a Brand New GENUINE OEM spoiler form ebay for a 100 bucks and had it repainted and installed for a couple of bucks at my friend's body shop. Well they didn't have the special spring tool so they didn't install the springs. Well after installing the spoiler, I tested the operation with the new spoiler on, in a way it was better since I could just drop the trunk lid 2 inches above and it would latch, before I would have to force the trunk lid. Also if you tug the trunk a lil from the open position it would slam down. So with that, I was like whatever, works better for me and I will just be careful to lowering before dropping it. But know lately I have been getting annoyed of people just tugging on the trunk and letting it drop and creating a big bang noise. I tell them to lower it then drop it. But they never learn, especially the girls. So here's the question, I emailed my dealer to try to get those springs installed, but my service advisor said he can't get the springs by themselves, it must be ordered with the spoiler. How true is that? Can anyone anyone point me into the direction where I would be able to purchase the stiffer springs? I have to take in the car into the dealer again for the rearview mirror, even with the updated one, its failing on me, dimming to also pitch black during the day! And one more thing, the body shop tossed the springs when I told them the operation of the trunk was ok. Since the TL is the carpool car, I need to get it fixed, or I am going to cringe inside everytime I hear the loud bang form the trunk lid dropping and worry about what damage could be done in the long term.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:04 PM
TLingggggggg

The Spoiler thingy I did the same as you...how much did it cost you to repaint and install it? I think I paid around 180 or something like that area.....Still cheaper then the spoiler itself....Im glad its an authentic OEM Spoiler at 4 times less the cost.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Advanced

It was 50 bucks to paint and they just installed it for free since my friend said it was simple anyways.