One more reason to never go to Firestone...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more reason to never go to Firestone...

My friend, who knows better than to goto Firestone, needed an oil change (pontiac Grand prix)- just an oil change. It was too hot outside to do it himself, so he decided to just take the local convenient place nearby, which was Firestone. The mechanic at Firestone forgot to install the oil filter on my Friend's car. ( I kid you not). About a half hour of driving and his engine died.

After much arguing and bringing his very very big brother down w/ him, he is forcing them to replace his engine, and forcing the work to be done at a GM dealer professionally.

I'm sure many have had bad experiences at Firestone, but I thought I'd mention this one.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:53 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

wow, pretty stupid.... but ur friend never realized the engine wasnt running properly, or too hot, or didnt see any lights come on or smell anything??
Old 08-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
wow, pretty stupid.... but ur friend never realized the engine wasnt running properly, or too hot, or didnt see any lights come on or smell anything??

Well, he did notice the engine overheat or oil pressure or something sensor thing go on, but it was too late by then. He pulled over, opened his hood, and there was smoke and oil everwhere.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Also, this was a week ago. They have him a chevy POS monte carlo through enterprise, which, believe it or not, had the gas cap missing when my freind pulled into the gas station to fill up. The last renter must have lost it and get this- put a sock in there so the fuel doesn't splash out, at least that is my best guess, unless he was making the worlds biggest low tech glass bottle bomb. Anyway's enterprise apologized and gave him a Volvo S40, which is another interesting topic in itself, as I've never seen a car with a slab of wood for a center console with nothing but empty space behind it (visible from the sides)
Old 08-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Belongs in off-topic >car talk ...

:closed: