To the old schoolers that replied to the thread named..."Crashed. Saying goodbye. :("

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 06:07 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow To the old schoolers that replied to the thread named..."Crashed. Saying goodbye. :("

I know this may be a little OT...but I was just doing a little history search and found this thread.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=31835

It has over 140 replies and 6000 views (the most I've ever seen BTW) and not a single Thank You from me.

I apologize to all the people that took a little time to show sympathy. I don't want to be rude...so although it may be a bit late, I am thanking each and everyone of you.

ElegantTL-S
BlackShadow
fahoumh
bioyuki
Beiruty
NOVAwhiteTypeS
janda_janda
briancl
StanMan
Edub-TL

BLEXV6
copland007
Moo
SimTypeS
city001
SlyTLS
thephantom
sniper5
Laurelcrest
VeiLsTyleZ

rominl
TLover8888
Phatty 2K 3.2TL
Nate
snook789
MikeyB
Scorpius
Outlook
tdoh
bigman

TWong
kchao2000
VTEC Animal
mackdaddy
Mr.T
vperkins2
LarryLynx
MotionEffects
bdimc2001
tea elle

SoundSpeed
AcuraTL
nameeri
blulegend
ArN 2000 TL
evolaerok
RedLined
8ball
2002TL
Blazin TL

Alexxx
yee
Mr Hyde
AKRY
chiawei
pianoman41
Astroboy
imax
bloo_tls02

neuronbob
YBLegal
my2sense
Iceman
monkeymato
Chien
VTEC
hooked2TL

Now for the meat. Everyone has done something stupid once in a while in their life. I for one have done countless and I hope this is not one of them. So...for you 68 members of the ATL forum that showed concern, I offer you in return the truth for my rudeness...and perhaps a lesson that we all can benefit from.

The truth of the matter is that my tire did not pop...well...sort of. This was the night of my aniversary and was also a landmark of my first big fight with my girl (minutes prior to the accident, we were almost going to say our little goodbyes of our own). I was heading home trying to beat the clock to call her back when the accident happened. I was speeding to get home as fast as possible...plain and simple. I reached speeds over 130+ (even if it was just for a couple of yards). The freeway was empty...noone was on the road...and the conditions was normal. Well...turn was comming up and since I recently had my rotors turned and painted I didn't want to warp them again...so what did my DUMB/CHEAP ass do instead?!

I let off the throttle...popped it into 5th to SAVE GAS (this is what's killing me inside thinking about it) and FEATHERED the brakes through the banked turn.

:flamer: WTF was a THINKING!

Anwyays...the combination of bad tires...high speed...an slight imperfection on the road...a turn...and with the mentality of trying to save brake rotors is a perfect recipe for a disaster! :devil:

If only one of those were not in the picture...then this whole incident wouldnt of happened. But hey...woulda coulda shoulda right? Anyways...thank you all for your concern. I've definitely learned my lesson well...and as a proud member, the best I can hope for is for all of us to learn something from each other's experience whether they be good or bad.

Oh yeah...my tire did pop...but it was because of the impact or possibly from the spin out. Which BTW...I had them set to 37.5 psi which is 2.5PSI OVER what they should of been so they dont go over the recommended max pressure of 41 when running hot. DOH! Another boo boo

So now what? Well...the accident re-prioratized me a bit and now my girl and I are closer than ever. Oh and don't think the previous post wasn't true. It was...even down to the part of stripper looking girl that helped me out. It was only the part of the CAUSE of the accident that I tweaked a bit for legal/insurance purposes.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey edgalang--props to you for coming clean, and no--I wouldn't think any less of you. I didn't think anything at all as to whether or not you thanked me; all that matters is that you came out of your little mishap all in one piece, if not your car. That and your lady friend are even closer now.

You know--it is true about how people need to keep a cool head when driving. See? Anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering; you just about went over to the Dark Side that night. I'm sure you know that you need to stay cool behind the wheel even though you might have went through some rough moments; the consequences could be devastating, as you found out.

Amazing how an accident can make a person re-analyze his life priorities...

Tony
Old 06-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Man you were lucky. going that fast. But still happy to see that you are okay.

Also, how is the car now? everything all fixed up and ready to go?
Old 06-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by chiawei
Man you were lucky. going that fast. But still happy to see that you are okay.

Also, how is the car now? everything all fixed up and ready to go?
Yep...and my ass is going ot the BBQ! You guys better show up. :p
Old 06-04-2002, 07:04 PM
...and then there was One

As long as nobody was hurt (except maybe a little pride), it's all good. Not many people have the kahunas to tell the truth, so I have to give you props. No worries, doesn't change how we feel... if it does, would just be for the better. I hope you and your girl are still doing great.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for telling "the third side" of the story. Now, if we could just get some of the tranny breakers to come clean...

Todd
Old 06-05-2002, 12:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Well you're okay and alive and your baby is back to normal. I gotta watch myself at times, cause I do some dumb things like this at times.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Instructor

All that counts is that you're ok. Someone up above taught you a VERY good lesson, without making you pay a major price. Just thank g-d for that luck. But now, on a more important note, did you get a new ride yet? Or, if not, what are you going to be getting?

Noam