oh no...tranny?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh no...tranny?!

i dk if its my transmission but most likely it is. its weird, this problem happens only occasionally. it seems to be between third and fourth gear, like right around when i hit 40mph, it stops accelearting and the rpms redline then it gets thrown into fourth, if i let off the gas until the rpms go down it will eventually shift up without a problem. anyone have this happen to them?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
tranny. its the 3rd gear clutch pack. i had that symptom on all 3 of my trannies. but it was the 2-3 gear changes. get it to the dealer. you dont have long before it goes
Old 10-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Desi Pride

Its your tranny alright. Sorry to hear that. But you are now a member of the dead tranny club too. The TL is great but this tranny issue sucks!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Racer

volcomst0ne24

oh no...tranny?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dk if its my transmission but most likely it is. its weird, this problem happens only occasionally. it seems to be between third and fourth gear, like right around when i hit 40mph, it stops accelearting and the rpms redline then it gets thrown into fourth, if i let off the gas until the rpms go down it will eventually shift up without a problem. anyone have this happen to them?

This is exactly what is going on with my tranny ! Won't get past 40MPH ...Sometimes ..then it will run fine....And yea it only happens sporatically ... My other 2 tranny's did not do this ..they locked up on the highway while driving ....Nothing like this ..When my other 2 tranny's went it was immideate lock-up ..This tranny is so strange ....it just lags ,but not the slighest sign of jerking ..NOTHING ,just that you have to WAIT for it to go ...and finally it will.

So what ever happened ,did you take it to the shop ...I took mine in and they could not replicate the problem.