Oh f*ck

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh f*ck

alright.... i know there have been posts about this before... but I just have got to express my depression right now. OK... I have been partying the weekend away in Atlanta all weekend... and I get in my car for the first time since friday, and I'm drivin back to my house in the suburbs, and I'm like, WTF is up with my rear view mirrior. about 3/4 of it only dims now, and on the top of the mirror it looks like its fogging. I was actually reading a post about this last week and have been thinking "cripes I'm glad I dont have this problem..." well... I do. i'm so pissed off right now. But I'm too tired to care, I just thought I'd let ya'll know. Now, since I AM so lazy and tired (I'm workin on 6 hours of sleep since thursday night), I am not going to search... but heres my question: how much does it cost to get a new mirror??? crap I'm pissed....... ok, sorry for the long and probably pointless post, but I just had to vent.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this same problem in my '99 TL... it's so annoying. I haven't changed it yet because it's so prohibitively expensive. It's $200 for the OEM mirror (made by donnelly). I was thinking about just holding off and getting the new Accord mirror w/ compass. Sucks, eh? My cup holder also won't close anymore, and it's $100 for a new one of those! :banghead:
Old 06-29-2003, 11:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have both of those problems i guess i will survive with the rear mirror not reducing glare on the ends but the cup holder not closing completely pisses me off .rhizopod do you happen to know where i can get one of those i tried looking all over with no luck . Thanks

99 TL with Navi
triple black
Body kit
comptech headers
comptech exhaust
springs
clear euro tail-lights
tints (coming soon)
Pics (coming soon)
Old 06-29-2003, 11:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for the cup holder not closing, have you tried putting some drops of water down the side to loosen it up? for mine, that was happening because someone had let some soda or juice drip down onto the "doors" and when it was in the open position, it stayed stuck that way. i just used a wet paper towel to drip water down there to get it moist and was able to close it. once it was closed, i wiped off all of the gunk.
peter.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Got a silly question for ya: Have you tried tinting your rear window real dark? Mine's tinted 20% and I haven't used the rearview mirror dimming feature (it's off) at all.

Later,

V.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Racer

Originally posted by TL Navi
rhizopod do you happen to know where i can get one of those i tried looking all over with no luck . Thanks
Try http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/ or your local Acura dealer. BTW, my rear view mirror is ALWAYS dim. Except for a little "bubble" at the top. It just looks bad.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
lol... i just ran over to the bank, and I noticed my mirror is completely f*cked. It looks like a big crack through the middle, horizontally, and on the bottom it looks yellowish, and on top a bit more clear with a blue tint, and then on the very top it looks like I put grease on my finger and rubbed it in. Makes me furious. I just dont know what caused this. I'm thinking of just holding off.... going and paying $200 for a new one is insane, so I may just look for a TL in a junk yard and try to get that out. How difficult is it to get it off the windshield and replace????