obx headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obx headers

Are they good?Is it hard to install. Where can I get it installed in NYC? And how much?
Old 03-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Any good mechanic can install headers. Go with a mechanic that you know and trust. Personally I think Stone Headers are better than OBX, as there are quality problems with the OBX headers (esp. the ceramic ones). Someone here got problems with Stone headers, so it's not entirely problem free. Either choice would give you HP gains and be well worth the expense. OBX is around $300 plus, and Stone is around $400.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Racer

Originally posted by patrick
Any good mechanic can install headers. Go with a mechanic that you know and trust. Personally I think Stone Headers are better than OBX, as there are quality problems with the OBX headers (esp. the ceramic ones).
Hey patrick,

Did you have any problems installing the Stone Headers? I have an '03 Type S TL if that helps answering that question. I'm interested in getting headers, undecided between OBX and Stone.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
I plan on getting either OBX or Stone, and am undecided also. Leaning toward OBX. My question, does anyone have links to a site to purchase either one. I find them on ebay, etc, but no manufacturer's sites.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:31 AM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.tuningdepot.com/departmen...tegory=5&car=3
Old 03-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

hey patrick.
u have a tl=p with stock exhaust and stone headers?..right?..

were the headers worth it?..

i am waiting on a group by for stone headers at a-cl.com.

are there nice gains?..

i am not looking for a whole lot.
i'm easily impressed with this car...=).

everyone says u feel nothing until like 4500 rpms..

is that correct?..

any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
Old 03-24-2004, 09:33 AM
1st Gear

I have some brad new ones on ebay right now for cheaper than what you would pay new. Check the blackmarket or pm me and we can work out something
Old 03-24-2004, 09:50 AM
TL-S driver

*knock on wood but I haven't had any problems with my OBX headers. I heard people can't find the stone headers right now. I personally am pretty happy with my headers. Ebay is a good place for the OBX headers, lsu-cls has a good set on ebay.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:14 PM
clc
Instructor

I have the OBX, and put in the order for the comptech headers on a group buy in February. Still haven't received it yet, though.

I would just go with the comptechs. Personally, the resonance drove me crazy, and justified the $1000 especially since I plan on keeping the car a LONG while. Plus, it's just peace of mind!
Old 03-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by lodoss22
Hey patrick,

Did you have any problems installing the Stone Headers? I have an '03 Type S TL if that helps answering that question. I'm interested in getting headers, undecided between OBX and Stone.
I had no install problems whatsoever. The only minor glitch I had at first was the mechanic saying: "This won't work, it won't fit." But after I showed him Comptech's installation instructions along with Nashua's instructions (Nashua is the distributor of Stone Headers), the install came out fine.

Make an informed decision before you buy: OBX has a warranty, but the company will not honor it if your headers break down due to defect (great warranty huh?). I have read about several people with OBX header problems. One person with OBX ceramic headers had peeling problems. Another guy with SS OBX headers had cracks at the welds.

With Stone, there is no warranty at all. Only one person I know of has a defect problem, but he (Liqice) has returned it for a refund (not sure if he got reimbursed tho). Side by side comparison, Stone gives better gains than OBX, and is made of higher quality. You can get OBX from any speed shop that sells OBX...with Stone, you can only get them from Nashua.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Joseph_99TL
hey patrick.
u have a tl=p with stock exhaust and stone headers?..right?..

were the headers worth it?..

i am waiting on a group by for stone headers at a-cl.com.

are there nice gains?..

i am not looking for a whole lot.
i'm easily impressed with this car...=).

everyone says u feel nothing until like 4500 rpms..

is that correct?..

any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
Correct, I only have headers (and short ram) with stock exhaust. Yes, the headers are definitely worth the money you spend on this mod. Don't know about the gains, as I have not brought my TL in for dyno testing. I personally notice the difference between 3500 - 4500 RPM, but only in sport shift mode. If in auto mode, yes, 4500 RPM is about right. You will definitely notice when you are driving in auto mode, and you punch it at higher speeds (above 120 kph) - there is more punch and the accleration is much better than stock.