Not so pleasant service experience at Acura of Pleasanton

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not so pleasant service experience at Acura of Pleasanton

So my CD changer is having alot of weird problems, it would eject CD on its own randomly. When I am driving or even when the car is parked with the key out of the ignition. The CD would get stuck when ejecting, and sometimes after the CD is ejected, I can't get the CD to load back in until I restart the car... etc.

I made an appointment to bring the car into Acura of Pleasanton, and the first question the service representative asked me after I told him the problem was "Do you have home burned CD in the car?". I said yes, and he said that's the problem. I told him these CDs do not have labels on them, he said it does not matter. I said all cars these days should be able to handle home burned CDs, he said "NOT THIS ONE!"

Is that the kind of image you want to give your customers? All the cars in the world out there now can handle home burned CD, but not an Acura?!

Anyway, he tried to sent me home after that brief conversation, and after I bug him some more, he finally took me to see his manager. I told the manager that the car is suppose to remember what CD and track you listened to when you turn off the car, and the next time you start the car, it should replay from there. And he said "I don't know how that works". Isn't this common sense?

Finally they agreed to order me a new radio, and when they write up the order ticket, the service representative kept on insisting that I have a 2001 TL-S. I told him it is a 2002, but he didn't listen. But when he pulled up my VIN to order the radio, he wrote down 2002 on the ticket.......

Anyway, just felt like this is not the kind of treatment I should get at Acura.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel your pain man. After spending more than 30K for a luxury car and got treated this way. If this were like a Hyundai dealer than I have nothing to say about it. Sometime the stealership at the wealthy location would have this kind of attitude. Next time you probably need to dress up and have a Benz stop by ready to pick you up; then the service guy will definitely bow to your command.

Cheers !!!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally posted by drcookie
I feel your pain man. After spending more than 30K for a luxury car and got treated this way. If this were like a Hyundai dealer than I have nothing to say about it. Sometime the stealership at the wealthy location would have this kind of attitude. Next time you probably need to dress up and have a Benz stop by ready to pick you up; then the service guy will definitely bow to your command.

Cheers !!!
First off, 30,000-dollar car isn't that big of a deal these days. If you want to buy a real luxury car and get pampered, go to Lexus or Mercedes. Second of all, it just depends on the dealership. My local one (also the one I got my car from) is located in a very wealthy area, yet they are very kind and courteous. (Except they ask me every time I go in if I want a car wash... Their idea of car wash is dumping a bucket of dirty soap water then rinsing it off with a hose. No, thanks.)

If you got a 70,000-dollar BMW and got treated this way, then it's completely unacceptable. But 30,000?? Nah. All the Big 3 have "ordinary" family sedans that go over 30 grand.

Acura was launched as the premium brand of Honda, like Lexus-Toyota, but it's not quite up to the Lexus level yet.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Advanced

MY 2002 was the 1st year the TL-S came out.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro

You should check your manual. My '03 manual specifically says you can play CD-R in the system. I would throw it in their face if its in the manual. Acura of Pleasanton is alrite, I just go to them cuz I live the city next to it. Might go to Oakland Acura though if they piss me off.

Do you remember who your service rep is? I want to avoid them if possible.

Fun a Acura Rep doesn't know when the TL-S came out. There was no Type-S for 2001. haha
Old 08-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Instructor

service guy is clueless...all i have is burned cd's in my car...2002 tls and never had a problem.....it amazes me how dumb these people can be!!
Old 08-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Racer

hmm... I really should check into my manual to see if the manual says it can play CD-R or not. If so, I am going to so rub it in his face. The guy I talked to is Steve. Don't know his last name, but I see him there quite often. Yep, I know 2002 is the first year that Type-S came out, that's why I was very sure I was right!

My gf has the 2001 CL-S and she has never had any problem playing the same set of CDs I play in my car, so this guy is simply trying to brush me off because he does not want to order a radio!
Old 08-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro

alient - Yeah, I know of Steve. Never did have to deal with him though. My service advisor was Marisol. Let me know if its in your manual and that you showed it to his face. I can definitely use a good laugh. Some advisors don't know ****. One of them in Acura Pleasanton didn't know that the 3.2CL Type-S 6 speed comes with a limited slip. I had to correct him. He thought they only came in RWD cars. They even had a 3.2CL 6 Speed in the showroom with comptech intake and headers. lol
Old 08-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Racer

Chet03TL-S : Unfortunately my 2002 TL-S manual does not state that it can play CD-R. It only states that it can not play irregular CDs such as the mini single track CDs. But I figured if it does not say it "CAN NOT" play CD-R, it should be implied that it "CAN" play CD-R right? I would love to have that stated in my manual so I can rub it in his face though. What nerve he has to tell me that all the cars on the market these days can play CD-R, just not mine!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Pro

Page 142 in the TL-S '03

"For best results when using CD-R discs, use only high quality discs labeled for audio use. When recording a CD-R, the recording must be closed in order for the disc to be used by CD players. CD-RW disc will not work in this unit."

That is what is stated in my manual.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Racer

Chet03TL-S: Let me double check my manual to see if I can find that paragraph. But I think that is something they added for the 03 manual.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the same problem and they guy told me its because i am burning them wrong or doing something wrong on my end...i dragged him out to my car, popped in the cd-r and watched the radio try and play it...then i took him inside to a car in the shop and it played fine....case closed, new radio was ordered.

But now the same thing happens again so i just put all the cd-r in my changer instead,.....crappy as bose headunits, the cd-rs must be burning out the laser or something.