no turn on red ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
00 TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no turn on red ticket

ok guys long story short, i make a right turn on a red that says no turn on red and didnt make a complete stop. got a ticket and it says "CVC red arrow" violation and the app speed is 10+. i was trying to read up stuff online but got confused. So is it possible that i go to traffic school and erase this off my record (this is my first ticket) and do i have to go to court for that? (im in california). BTW if this helps when the cop gave me back my drivers licence he accidently gave me someone elses and then he left me a note at my home door to call him back. I did and he said hes going to come by 2mroow nite and exchange the ids back.
O yea my main concern would be for this to not appear on my record (im 20 and insurance rates are already high enough)

any advices are appricated. O and feel free to comment what an idiot i am
Old 10-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Volks FTW!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is def something people are getting tickets for. just be careful next time you're making a right on a red light. if you don't make a complete stop, it's considered running a red light or stop sign. it's lame i know, but you're not the first i've heard this from. there's nothing you can do to fight it. just go to traffic school if this is your first offense and get it taken off your record.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 AM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
and don't turn when the sign specifically says, "No Right Turn On Red".
Old 10-22-2007, 01:32 AM
00 TL

u think if i go to court any chance they will lower the fine??
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
On the ticket it will say if eligible offense for traffic school.
It may not be on the one the cop gave you, they send a real notice in the mail
You have 30 days usually to deal with this- it say son your copy

To go to traffic school you must pay the full fine- whatever it says on the ticket-notice $200+??
PLUS a court fee of $25-40 dollars AND the traffic schools are $25-99
There are many online schools or 1 day comedy traffic schools etc
You have 60 days to complete school AND get the note from them saying you PASSED
Only eligble every 2 or 3 years for school

Then the court takes it off your record completely- well- almost...
cops will still see it as ~excused~ if they run you- so dont lie about !oh I've never been stopped before~

but the Insurance Co will not get to see it

Other things cops look for on modded cars- too low, loud pipes- check it for stolen parts- illegal this and that- oh this car wont pass smog at all!!!!- IMPOUND car-
Dont street race- dont watch a street race- dont speed- they have instant on radar
52 in a 35 is $172
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Team Owner

NO- my wife just went thru this
Its pay now, pay now, or lets all say it together
pay now
The court clerk said the Judge never lowers the fine- that was a thing of the 80's
They may have also eliminated community service instead of a fine - you can call monday and ask the court clerk about that.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Team Owner

While the Officer did make an valid attempt to return your License- his failure to do so in the first place was bad enough- but to say tomorrow night!!!
So you are supposed to drive around on what exactly???
And he will confirm that story if you get pulled over in the daytime?

Call the Watch Commander and see what they can do for you
They put you in a bad situation- cant drive, cant write a check anywhere!!
It wont get you out of the ticket but you may get your id sooner
Old 10-22-2007, 02:56 AM
Bippu Style only please

I didn't have this type of offense when I was your age, but I did get caught speeding. Since it was my first offense, they sent me to driving school, with only the cost of court fees. This was in Missouri, and each state has their own laws and regulations on how their court systems work.

Chances are that since it's your first offense, you'll probably get off pretty easy with traffic school, and maybe just paying the court fees. I will keep my fingers crossed for you every day until we hear more information about it on your end. Keep us updated.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 AM
:( Harminder Is Lost In

hey guys, dont wanna hijack this thread but i just got a ticket for following to close when there was clearly more then enough room but what happened has happened. I just want to pay it and get it over with but does anyone know approx how much itll be. It was by a city cop on hwy 88 in jackson cali. BTW this is my first ticket, have had many fix its. Thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 AM
00 TL

o he called me and said that i can drive and tell me that if i get pulled over show my ticket and his note (which wasnt even signed) so im just hanging on not getting pulled over haha
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Team Owner

In California- where the 2 members are asking about, and this answer is based on my wife doing 52 in a 35 and traffic school right now- current info:

CERTAIN offenses are ok for traffic school
Others are not- following too close may even be considered ~reckless driving~ and with the NEW state laws- they give $2500 fine JUST for that part of it

You have to pay the full fine plus court fee plus the school cost

The fine/bail amount will be on the notice you get in 2 weeks
If you can take traffic school- it will say so on there

The failure to stop on red arrow- thats WORSE because it was an arrow
plus speed of 10 mph as you did it, thats not even close to a
~we will give you a CA stop- on that one, good enough~

Note to all CA drivers and visitors, recent funding to CHP for speed enforcement, especially in Safety Corridors, near Sac that would be Hwy 12, now double fine zone- double points on your record, 72 in a 55= $451 and they can cite you for reckless if they want to- remember they all have dash video of your driving.
What you thought was a cool racer move was to them- a possible drunk driver cutting across 4 lanes- go figure!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Advanced

I'm a cop in SoCal, and I would be as nice as possible to the officer when he shows up to exchange your ID. Ask him if he can do anything to help you out, since you have gone out of your way to help him.

If it were me, I would make the ticket go away, since I screwed up by giving you the wrong ID back. Otherwise, you should be able to go to traffic school, but be ready..the offense is running a red light, which should be just under $400...for the ticket.

I'd make the case to the officer that you had to adjust your schedule to accomodate his ID exchange, (I'm guessing he is coming on duty) and NOW you are going to have to take the time to go to court or traffic school. Hopefully, he will see the light and work it our for you.

All of this is assuming you didn't flunk the "attitude test", but I'm guessing you didnt.

Good luck.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Hate to do this ... but this thread is not pertinent to the 2nd gen TL ... so it's closed. If you need further discussion about this ... repost in Off-Topic > Car Talk or even Ramblings.