New to thread - I keep burning out new fog hid ballasts instantly upon installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:18 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to thread - I keep burning out new fog hid ballasts instantly upon installation

I have the cheap ebay hid fogs and my drivers side has always worked fine. A few months ago my passenger ballast blew and when I replaced it, the bulb lights up upon initial testing. I should note I hear ballast buzzing from that passenger ballast upon testing however the bulb does light. After testing the connection a few more times before installation the electrical buzzing noise will remain in the passenger ballast and on the 2nd or 3rd attempt the entire ballast fries. Thought maybe a bad ballast, tried 2 more new ones and same thing happened. I know the bulb is good on the passenger side and I know the ballast is getting fried each time before I swap it to the drivers side (the working side) and it won't power anything on.

I have a new ballast and I really would like to avoid frying this one. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:19 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I have -- Autovizion Super Compact 9006 HB4 6000K Diamond White HID Xenon Kit Fog Light | eBay

35 watts
Old 04-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Cheap solutions produce cheap results, I have bought all my HIDS from this company and they're excellent.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

I have had issues wish cheap HIDs melting my connector so I won't buy cheap bulbs again. As for your specific problem I'm not entirely sure what's causing that, have you checked the wattage going through the wires or your grounds?