This is a new one...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a new one...

Brought my car to the local honda dealer for an oil change today since the closest acura dealer is an hour away...i get the car home, and notice that the left side skirt seems to have some pigeon crap on it, i'd say 6 inches back from the front....i get closer, and realize it's a one and a half inch GASH IN THE SIDE SKIRT, you can see inside and everything, it's a clean hole...then, 6 inches from the BACK, there's not a gash in it, but there's a deep scratch, about the same length as the other.
i call up honda immediately, they tell me to bring the car in. they come out and look at it, and IMMEDIATELY tell me they will order the side skirt and take care of the whole thing, and they will call me in a couple days when the part is in.
unbelievable...at least they recognized immediately that it was there fault...i'm guessing it's the lift they used on my car?
Old 05-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Racer

haha..at least u get good service. And it was caused by a retard driving your car.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, you're lucky. Most of the time they tell you they didnt do it and to have a nice day. Props to the dealer for taking responsibility.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
cool, they want your continued business
Old 05-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Chalk that up on the board as good service by a honda/acura shop...
Old 05-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Racer

yeah, before coming out to look at it, the two managers did look up who did the oil change, and although the guy seemed upset, it was obvious they caused the damage to him, and he must have assumed it was obvious to me also. let's see if they really do call within 2 or 3 days though. i really anticipate it taking them a lot longer to get the part.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:04 PM
Instructor

good deeds, though rare, are refreshing indeed. it's nice to know that there's still integrity out there.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Hey! I got one of those gashes, too. I didn't know what caused it -- but I suspected the dealership since I had washed my car the day before I brought it in for service.

Anyway, I noticed the problem you described a few days after visiting my dealership. Since a couple of days had passed I knew I'd get the run-around. Now I know to check out my car with a fine-toothed comb BEFORE and AFTER it's serviced! (No car wash, please. And hold the oil on my leather seats, too!)

V.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Instructor

Yeap... No CAR WASH is the key, at least someone would keep the car clean if possible...

Yeah, don't skip the walk around procedure before you picking up the car, most of the dealer wouldn't admit what's wrong...

I don't like Honda/Acura service dept. generally, here's how I interpret your incident: The Service Managers or the cheif tech already know someone in their organization "damaged" your car, after you pick up the car without checking, they already being happy that you didn't find out and probably crossed their fingers you won't... (A lot of time, people don't quite care their car, as least until next time they wash the car... to someone It could be months!!) Now when you are back to the dealership claiming the damage in 2 days, they know damn sure that they prob. couldn't hide this mistake anymore; so instead of taking the chance to "argue with you and claiming you did that yourself", they went ahead replacing for you.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Instructor

If they damage it, they did not perform GOOD SERVICE. What if they scratched your car, even they repaint the whole car, the damage still couldn't justify...

People called me I'm too obsessed with cars all the time, but how I felt is that the dealership didn't respect you when they doing such things to you. (What business would it be if they don't respect each other?) (The scerario I gave up above actually happened before with NSX prime members, now if you have a nsx or even a Ferrari, even a little body work repair will cause you a thousands less at resale value. The dealer won't be able to justify that.)

It's probably just me, but I do that at my work too, be careful and not making mistake is the key. That's how I told people worked under me all the time: I know **** happens, but if you be careful and respect your work, a lot of ****s can be avoid.