New forum member...Need some suggestion..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New forum member...Need some suggestion..

check out this forum for a few days...LOVE this forum...

I owned a 2001 TL...put AEM cold air intake and Tein spring on my ride already...thinking about the exhaust, kits, and the lip...

:think: What you guys think i should go for the M5 lip or the Mugen lip?? i dont really like the oem spoiler...And where can you get those lips?

:think: for ppl who mod the exhaust system..do you really feel the power gain? if not then i'll go for some tips just for make it look better...

:think: i've lower down the car already..feeling better handling but i have troubles on those speed bumpers... Is there anyone put on kits and also lower your ride? Will you have lots trouble with them? my mom sometimes drives my TL i dont want her to f**K my kits up...

:think: looking for the fog light..but seems there none OEM...which brand will fit the OEM bumper most? and i wanna change my HID up to 6000k..should i take D2R or D2S?? and will i have trouble mod my aftermarket fog light to HID??

also looking for the "INSPIRE" emblem??Can anyone tell me where to get them? they look damn nice...

lots of NOOB question but i know ppl from this forum wont bother help me a bit..

many thanks :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Old 05-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Drifting

if you want a power gain forget the exhaust & get ya some headers!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
-Both the M5 and Mugen spoilers are nice..but if I'd have to choose just one, I'd go with the M5.
-People only get exhausts on their TL mainly for sounds and look. Like seattledale stated..the best hp gain is from headers other than a S/C or 3.5 upgrade.
-A lot of members have dropped their car+have the kit on..and most of them say that you won't scrape unless you're a careless driver, which I don't think you are. Plus, when you say you have the Tein springs..do you have the coilover system, or just the springs?
-You're going to have to customize the fogs into your bumper. Most members have custom-fitted fogs into the black mesh part in your front bumper. You're better off with the D2R bulb since it's a direct fit into our cars, but you can also modify a D2S bulb to fit into our cars. You do this by taking a dremel tool to one of the two bumps located on the bulb. And to do the HID fog mod, you're going to need another set of ballasts+another 2 HID bulbs.
-Inspire badging: http://www.aj-racing.com/JDM-UA5.html

Welcome to the boards!
Old 05-11-2004, 10:10 AM
boo

The M5 Spoiler is too small IMO.. Id go Mugen (good luck if you can even find it) So I settled on the Wings West.

For exhaust Id go for either HKS or Apexi. Dont like the look of Comptechs. Hardly any HP gains on that.

I have the OEM kit and lowered on H&R Sport. No probs on the speed bumps. The only time I rubbed is on steep driveways and some of those stupid parking blocks. Some are taller than others.

For the Fogs I put PIAA 510 Ions. They look really nice. But be aware that if your fogs are somewhat big, you will have to trim the bumper support like I did.

Inspire emblem can be found at AJ-Racing.

Dont mind the stupid type R emblem.. it was a joke

Here are the PIAA 510 Fogs

Good luck on your search.. happy modding.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Drifting

type r, does that mean you got the 3.5 ltr engine in that thing?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:10 PM
2003 SSM TLS

I think the Mugen looks the best out of all the rear lips for the TL. You'll pay more than the M5 but I think its worth it. You can get the Mugen here:
http://www.king-motorsports.com/prod...610&vehicle=TL

I agree with seattle dale and ill*tl that the headers are the way to go for the exhaust. Don't waste your effort on cat backs unless you just like the way they look.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Racer

thanks guys..i love this forum...

benzo ur ride looks nice...except the thing on ur roof :lol1: the fog light looks nice and clean...can they be mod to HID? You also have ur taillight change into 02's rt? damn wanna get rid of my yellowish taillight...

How much u get for ur OEM kits? and the PIAA fogs?

Mugen lips look awsome..but it's hell lot of money though...

forget about the exhaust i think...just put some tips on it...save money for headers? Which header you guys go for? :worship: