Never buy anything from Value Car Audio

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Never buy anything from Value Car Audio

I have been reading on this site for a while and this is my first time to post my bad experience with Value Car Audio purchase!

Back in early October, I sent Mike (valuetl) couple emails asking for stuff e.g. sunshade, grill, fog light switch availbility. I always got his quick response the same day or the lates next day.

After I placed the order and CC was charged, this guy stopped to respond to any of my follow up emails. I just did some search on this site tonight and found someone had same situation as me, even with a wait for up to 6 months. This is the $hittest business attitude I ever seen.

I understand it is difficult to order things from Japan and ship to US. And I could definitely wait few months for the parts if Mike could "tell" me in advance. But ignoring customer email is totally unacceptable way of doing business. I just called up my CC company and dispute for the charge. I will see how can he respond to them.

Just my best advice for you.

Do NOT take any chance to buy anything from
http://value-caraudio.com/

Wasted!!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Banned

mike's really not as bad as you think. the only thing is the customer service. but he has some of the best prices. he also goes away on trips a lot so that may be the reason your not getting a response. other than that, you will get what you ordered... eventually.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Smile

Even though as you've said he doesn't respond promptly, it is true, BUT he does deliver the goods.

Your attitude will change the moment the stuff arives, and you will install them on your car trust me.
(but the waiting part sux)
Old 11-16-2003, 11:33 AM
Banned

Also when he orders from Japan. He has a space that he fills up and then ships the whole thing to him. So if you just ordered when he's just filling it up, it's going to be a long wait for you. While if it's nearly full when you order, it'll get to you quicker.