need help from the Zaino Gurus

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help from the Zaino Gurus

alright guys... no flame please, i searched and searched but couldn't find what i was looking for

here's my question, what Zaino products do i buy first????

i just ordered a 2003 ABP type S w/navi and OEM kits (very happy about that) and it's my understanding that we can't wax them right off the bat because we need to let the paint set or something like that

i figure that i am going to order the stuff sooner or later so i would like to get your opinions on what to buy first from them

thanks

-Andrew

oh yeah, this is going to be the longest next couple days/weeks as i sit around and wait for the arival of my car. it is no fun to just think about it and know it won't be here for a little while
(sorry, had to vent)
Old 07-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay well I am not one of the legendary Zaino Masters like NSXNEXT & SHAWN S over on the CL board. I can sure tell you what you are going to need to start off with. The first thing is you can put Zaino on your new car as soon as you get it. The cars paint has already cured when you get it not like the old days. What you will need from Zaino to polish the car is as follows. Zaino 8oz. bottle # Z-2 Polish for clear coat paint Zaino 8oz bottle #Z- 5 Polish for swirl marks & fine scratches Zaino 16oz bottle #Z-7 car wash concentrate. Also you will need the NEW Zaino ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator this allows you to accelerate the drying time of the polish & lets you put on multiple coats of the polish in less time. Zaino 16oz #Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray you will need at least 3 bottles of this get 3 or more if possible. This is the product of the Zaino system that you will use most . It keeps the car looking new & polished. Zaino 8oz bottle of #Z-1 Lok Pre Cleaner Gloss Conditioner. The # Z-18 Clay BAR removes airborn & paint contaminants this is not something that you need buy from Zaino. A clay bar can be purchased from automotive store. But if you are going to order from Zaino & have the money to get everything get it all. This is the only product to leave out if you must. It is good to clay the first time you use it. I have had great result on my car with Zanio & its NighthawkBlack in color. I have seen with my own eyes at the PARK AVE ACURA MEET last month what ZAINO does on our cars. Alot of the 156 owners that came had Zaino on them. Some had multiple coats (10+) on them & the shine was binding. I had 2 coats on my car & I thought it looked great untill I saw some of them. Don't get me wrong I got plenty of looks at my car shinning on the road from D.C. to N.J. & back. Its just that some of the cars there with Zaino on them had multiple coats & mine could not even compare. Somepeple there said they would have dumped the Meguairs long ago if they knew ZAINO could make our cars look like that. Start with the Zaino produts & you can't go wrong. I had my car for a few years now but had a protectoin pakage on it. I wanted to also use up some old polish I had around the house from my other car. I found out about ZAINO a couple of yrs ago but only used the wash & gloss spray. I could see that they worked great on my car. I did not get a chance to do the whole prosses before winter came last year. I did it last month & I swear by Zaino.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Instructor

hey man,

thank you very much for the informative post, that's exactly what i was looking for. i'm getting ready to order the stuff and i figure i might as well just get everything now.

once again, thank you very much

-Andrew
Old 07-21-2002, 06:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Go to the FAQ setion on the side of this page & follow NSXNEXT tips on #17. He & SHAWN S on the CL.COM board use the stuff like its going out of style. SHAWN S has the ABP CL Type S 6 speed. He use to have a red CL. These guys were in the ZAINO shine off contest they had at PARK AVE ACURA MEET that had a 156 cars there. Poor Shawn came in 2nd place to the cars that entered the contest. But I can sure say his car with multiple coats of ZAINO on it was looking mighty good. The pictures on the CL board don't do it justice. Also when you get your order of Zaino it comes with a new order form & a sheet of enhanced version of application tips.
Old 07-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

sal zaino is always available and his number is on his web site ......who better to ask ?
Old 07-21-2002, 07:40 PM
Instructor

alright, good deal

thanks fellas
Old 07-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by FTM-1
These guys were in the ZAINO shine off contest they had at PARK AVE ACURA MEET that had a 156 cars there. Poor Shawn came in 2nd place to the cars that entered the contest.
Yeah, who won that contest anyway?

Good instructions FTM-1.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by NSXNEXT

Yeah, who won that contest anyway?

LOL, i remember you posting b4 the meet that you were going to bring home the trophy for us fellow TLers. Damn your car must be SHIIIINY to be that confident

Anyways, whats the deal with some ppl saying that the ZFX doesn't get the car as shiny...say without using it.