Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Need Help

So I installed my comptech springs today everything was cool till the last spring install. I got everything off the strut put new spring on and it was all good then im compressing the spring and trying to thread the bolt and use and allen wrench in the hex key part of the strut and not it's just sitting on the top i drove it home because i had no time to fix it because i had to go to work and borrowed my dads car and now I need to get this fixed soon because i dont have another car to drive and I need to get my car VA inspected before I go on a busniess trip. Any ideas also alot of clunking in the back over bumps..didn'c cut the bumpstops no time is there a way to like shave them without taking them out again? Or just deal with it. I didnt have enough time to shave them before I had to get to work.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Pro

I need to keep this kinda cheap too.....no stealership for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Yup with Rear Springs you need to Cut the Bump Stops if you could manage to Cut it without removing anything again that would work! just remember to Cut just 1 donut.

I dont kinda get your first problem tough, Could you describe further?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Pro

The hex lock on top of the whole assembled strut that keeps everything together is stripped the part you need an allen or hex key and a 14mm wrench to assemble is stripped so i can't tighten it and the nut is barely on there how do i get it to tighten up enough that im not afraid its gonna fly off while im driving.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Ohhh!! wow wierd that it stripped how the heck you did that???
Well I think there´s a Repairing kit on Autozone but I would not rely on it too much....

If it fails when Installed at least the whole weight of the car will keep it together but I would not trust it, Buy the kit and Try to Fix it.
Also get a Torque-e-Meter.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Pro

Dude it was so weird it was going on fine then all the sudden it was just raped idk how it happened it just gave ok ill try that i know of a shop thats kinda cheap ill try to take it to first of that doesnt work ill go to autozone. Its so sketchy though....the strut that is i think ill just try to find a new one on the bm.