AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL (1999-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/)
-   -   need code fixed for inspection help tks. p1676 (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/need-code-fixed-inspection-help-tks-p1676-892512/)

reaper101 07-23-2013 05:27 PM

need code fixed for inspection help tks. p1676

ok so i had two codes and engine light on i fixed one( oxygen sensor) and than the engine code came off but than i checked the engine codes to make sure they were gone p1676 was still there and i need to get this fixed before i can get it inspected i wrecked my bike and rely on my car to get to work i don wanna get pulled over -__-

i found the following to help me but dont completely understand it. i reset the codes and after i turned the car back on it showed up again.

DTC P1676: FRAME-TO-POWERTRAIN TORQUE DOWN REQUEST (FPTDR)
SIGNAL LINE FAILURE
1) Perform PCM reset procedure. See PCM RESET
PROCEDURE/CLEARING CODES under SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM. If DTC P1676 is
set, go to next step. If DTC P1676 is not set, problem is
intermittent. System is okay at this time.
2) Turn ignition off. Disconnect PCM 12-pin connector and
ABS/TCS control unit 16-pin connector. ABS/TCS control unit is located
to right of battery. Measure continuity between ground and PCM 12-pin
connector terminal No. 1 (Pink wire). If continuity is not present, go
to next step. If continuity is present, repair short circuit in wiring
between ABS/TCS control unit and PCM.
3) Measure continuity of Pink wire between ABS/TCS control
unit 16-pin connector terminal No. 1 and PCM 12-pin connector terminal
No. 1. If continuity is present, go to next step. If continuity is not
present, repair open circuit in Pink wire.
4) Reconnect PCM 12-pin connector. Connect jumper wire
between PCM 12-pin connector terminal No. 1 (Pink wire) and PCM 31-pin
connector terminal No. 28 (Yellow/Blue wire). Perform PCM reset
procedure. See PCM RESET PROCEDURE/CLEARING CODES under SELFDIAGNOSTIC
SYSTEM. Start engine and wait 60 seconds. If DTC P1678
sets, replace ABS/TCS control unit. If DTC P1678 does not set, replace
PCM.

i know alot of people talk about the ignition switch being the reason but i don have any of those symptoms my previous acura had that problem where it would turn off while driving but never had that code and i totaled it last july anyways but not on this acura any help would be greatly appreciated

3.2TLc 07-23-2013 05:52 PM

Try clearing the code again. If ya have the radio code, ya can pull the battery cables and hold them together for a few seconds to reset the ECU. The P1676 code is usually an issue between the PCM and the ABS/TCS unit. Check the wiring and connections to the ABS if the code still comes back on.

reaper101 07-23-2013 05:59 PM

well i do have abs and tcs light on even srs light :( i cleared this code multiple times but it still shows when i check for engine code on my scanner. where is the abs wires? someone stole my floor jack and I'm having to wait to buy another -__-

3.2TLc 07-23-2013 06:03 PM

It would be helpful to download a factory service manual.
There is a procedure in the 2nd Gen's "DIY" sticky on clearing the SRS light. Try it !
ABS is all on the passenger side underhood.

reaper101 07-23-2013 06:06 PM

i had the haynes manual but it got all jacked up in my other car when it rained inside the car at the junkyard :{ any pics or thread suggestions? on pics for abs lol sorry for hassling you

3.2TLc 07-24-2013 07:46 AM

Ya could try searching for the link to download the FSM.
Hang loose, somebody will eventually chime in to help out.

reaper101 07-24-2013 10:30 AM

tks man appreciate the input.

smartypants 07-24-2013 11:11 AM

Sounds like you're into serious money either way....

If DTC P1678 sets, replace ABS/TCS control unit. If DTC P1678 does not set, replace
PCM.

Sorry bro....

reaper101 07-24-2013 12:11 PM

Well there's several Acuras at the junkyard I can yank those parts off but first I need to identify where this issue is coming from

fsttyms1 07-26-2013 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by reaper101 (Post 14592952)
Well there's several Acuras at the junkyard I can yank those parts off but first I need to identify where this issue is coming from

Follow the procedure/instructions in your first post. It will tell you how to find out which one is the issue. You will need a volt/ohm meter, and you will need to unplug the 12 pin connector to the ECU and the ABS/TCS unit (passenger side of car just behind the headlight)