Navigation Problems. Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 08:47 PM
1st Gear

Question Navigation Problems. Help!!

I bought my 2002 TL-S last year and have had some problems with the Navigation ever since I bought it. I love the car, but the navi has been driving me nuts! The problem seems to be linked with the temperature outside. If it is above about 60-65 degrees out, the navigation works fine. If it is colder, the navigation will not start up and I get a blue screen with a yellow box containing "please insert disc" and something saying to make sure the door to the navigation system is closed. I have checked the door and I am confident that the door is not the problem. It is definitely tied to the temperature outside some how. Sometimes when I start the car it will work fine, then it will restart a few times and kick on and off which is really annoying if you want to adjust the temperature control. If anyone else has had this problem or similar please let me know what you did to fix it. At this point, I am ready to take out the navi and just have the normal A/C controls. Please help!!
Old 10-09-2008 | 09:44 PM
Racer

nmg, see the thread "GPS Unit Not Acquiring Signal"
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/gps-unit-not-acquiring-signal-633783/

It will tell you how to get to the hidden menu for diagnostics. I was having issues with my original HD Navi in my '99 TL and with the newer DVD Navi I put in to replace it. On hot days the car was fine. Cool or cold days were problematic. I was not getting good consistent GPS signal to the units. I am 99% sure it's my antenna. I bought a new one a while back but then summer came and the navi seemed to work ok, and the odd times it did not restarting the car or waiting a while would fix it. Now that the cool weather is back I am seeing more times it is not acquiring GPS signals. I finally just got access to my antenna tonight to replace it. I will have pics shortly in the thread above. See if you can get to the antenna diagnostics and watch to see if the navi loses GPS signals then gets them back often....that MIGHT mean you just need a new antenna. There are places online you can order them.