My unluckiest TL owner streak of bad luck strikes again...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
My unluckiest TL owner streak of bad luck strikes again...

We had an event at the house last week, and for the closing part, we went out to the Vu for a couple of hours.

I never go to the Vu except for these semi-annual events for the house, so I basically babysit the pledges who have had too much to drink.

Well, it struck. On the way back, Tom was sitting in the middle of the backseat, and Eric yelled at me all of a sudden to pull over. I didn't hear him because of the music, so I turned it down, and he once again shouted, "Dude, pull over right now. Tom's about to puke."

Ah, shit. I pulled over as fast as I could, and right as I was coming to a stop, Eric and Chris jetted out of the car. Tom, who was sitting between them, didn't quite make it.

As I turned around to ask him if he was OK, he covered his mouth and blew everywhere. My jacket, both front seats, center console, rear floor.... It was horrifying.

I jumped out of the car, grabbed the napkins I always keep in the compartment in the door, and started cleaning up. It was green, and I was like, "Dude, what the hell did you eat?"

"White Castle.... aaaacckkk (pukes again)."

I didn't know White Castle turned green in your stomach. It was nasty. Thank God I don't eat White Castle. Also, thank God that it was mainly liquid that he puked, no chunks. It cleaned up more easily than chunks... ugh.

After 10 minutes, we resumed our way back home. I was kind of ticked off that it happened, but we were having a good time, and Tom just couldn't hold it in. I don't blame him for it. What's done is done, and although he was scared shitless that he puked in an active brother's car (and he knows I'm notorious for being anal about my car). It was quite entertaining to watch him apologize furiously over and over.

I came back, grabbed some wet towels and went to work. It was already 2 in the morning, so I couldn't see shit. I just wiped down everywhere I could for about half an hour, then called it quits. The next morning, I grabbed my Zaino stuff and went to town for a long time. It's all gone now, the puke, and the smell.

Ray, Eric and Chris thought it was really cool of me to be understanding, but I tell you what -- if Tom had puked on my face, that would've done it for me. I would've probably made him clean up my car, my room, and do my laundry for a month. Nah, just kidding. I'm just glad he didn't boot on my face. That would've been a horrible thing.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Oh, and in case you aren't familiar with my streak of bad luck with my car for the past year and 11 months I've had the car, this is what has happened --

Beer bottles thrown at the car (happened twice)
People kicking it at the tailgate
Footballs hitting the car
Dent on the hood
Dent on the trunk
Hit & run (luckily my friend saw it happen, and we caught the girl who did it)
Went into a ditch in my subdivision after hitting black ice (I've made that corner literally thousands of times in many different cars, and it had never happened)
Semi cut me off in a construction zone on the freeway, crashed into a Ford Ranger

There's a couple of things I'm forgetting, too.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you streak of bad luck comes to an end soon.....

so, what plans do you have for Hell Week? j/k
Old 11-08-2004, 07:26 PM
The Acura Tranny Killer

geez, you sound like me..

- 5 trannies down the drain in 32000 miles
- Front bumper dented to shit because of a Chevy mechanic 'testing' (read: coming to a screetching, smoking halt) the brakes on a Suburban in the middle of a street ($1100 damage)
- Rear bumper scratched up in parking lot by some #(%*&# in a white car ($150 damage)
- Rear door and rear panel dented and scratched by some #)(%&#(*& in a parking lot ($1200 damage)
- Cut off by an idiot driving the wrong way on a street and hitting a 10 inch high curb, massively bending the front wheel suspension 6 inches back ($2500 damage)
- Several Acura logos stolen from the rear and front, including all the nice scratches that go with that.
- etc

Well, i sold the 99TL with 65000 miles on it for $15,000 to the dealer (they cut me an awesome deal due to all the tranny shit) and now drive a nice, new 05 RL.. but that nice, new will prolly not last long with my luck

Tracer
Old 11-08-2004, 07:56 PM
A$IAN_CHICKEN

I think his puking in your car calls for a hazing....