My TL got broken into!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 09:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My TL got broken into!

My TL got broken into today. I was at school and when I got back to my car after school i saw the small window on the back passenger side broken. Then I saw that they tried to use a crobar to get the door handle off on the passengers side. The TL security sytem dose not go off if you break a window. How stupid is that. Anyway I went to go get it fixed by the body shop up here. I am really pissed and am gonna get a better security system for my car + a Club. Cant be to safe. If any of you guys got any suggestions on a security system please let me know!

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL Satin Silver.
Old 01-22-2001, 10:01 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that man. Definitely go get a better security system.

I have the stock alarm but I do have a club also. I mean the club is a visual deterrence only, but if they really wanted it, they can easily break the club.

Just be extra careful from now on.
Old 01-22-2001, 10:07 PM
Racer

Angry

wow man that really sucks, sorry to hear that.......my car would scream like a ***** if someone violated her window like that
Old 01-22-2001, 10:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to hear that. You may want to consider a 3rd party security system that can detect glass-breaking. Many other forum members have that kind of systems installed. Check out their signatures.
Old 01-23-2001, 12:20 AM
Pro

that blows dude,
get that trick daddy song... i told you, it'll make you feel better
j/k
i'm really sorry kid, but think of it this way, others have crashed theres, at least you're aight and your car is too...
btw, lets find out who did it, where the cameras at in school... we'll split dem *****es kid...
Old 01-23-2001, 12:25 AM

that sucks....

pp

------------------
01 silver w/nav
30 40 50 tint
inspire tails
xpel
inspire fogswitch
future_foglights?

in forum: grammer bad, spelling reel baid
Old 01-23-2001, 01:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks! Screw the club..only fools fell for that scam @$$ piece of $h!t!!! Save your $$'s and get a good alarm!
Old 01-23-2001, 04:15 AM
Drifting

Get the afg security system. The automatic fvckin glock security system works well when combined with a regular car security system. When the car is broken into the regular security system will sound an alarm. If you happen to be in the area, you grab your afg securiy system and run out to your car and deal with the problem.

------------------
"Man thinks that, they own things And man sits high upon thrones
When you die tell me what the fvck you own
When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
As food for worms or fossils trapped in stone."
Old 01-23-2001, 08:07 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Yeah right spend your money on a good alarm system.... there is a good joke or maybe a true story....
"A guy hears his car alarm go off and runs out to his car, he sees two big guys standing next to his car... and guess what he hears them say: "thank you for bringing us the keys man""
Don't waste your money just get the Autolock and stay with the stock alarm!

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-23-2001, 09:49 AM
Racer

Sorry to hear that man.

Did you have anything in your car visible that would make a theif want to break in and steal it? I'd like to know if they intend to steal your car or steal something in the car.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL with Nav
Satin Silver Metallic
Factory Rear Wing Spoiler
Old 01-23-2001, 12:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Sorry to hear that. What school do you attend? (Like to know so I can avoid that part of town)!
Old 01-23-2001, 04:03 PM
Banned

It was at Tampa Catholic High School (but I am not Catholic) but besides that no nothing was visible. They did it to two cars the same day and the other one was a 1998 Honda Accord. They mostly go for Accords. There were 2 guys cought in the video, A Black 4 door Honda accord with a White Male, and a Silver Honda Accord 2 door with a Black male. They were going for the whole car because they had access to my phone, whallet, cds, and all sorts of ohter shit they could have taken but they didnt take anything. Not to mention my System. Ya i think i am gonna get an awsome alarm system. Thanx tho guys.

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL Satin Silver.
Old 01-23-2001, 06:10 PM
Pro

that sucks man
Old 01-23-2001, 06:19 PM

Sorry to hear that, I know how you feel, my other car has been broken into 5 or 6 times. Even my 18" rims have been stolen before.

Can we add a shock sensor or a glass-breakage sensor to our factory alarm systems? If we could what brands/models can we get?

Thanks

------------------
'00 Acura 3.2TL Laguna Green
V1
no mods yet, but it's coming...
Old 01-23-2001, 08:32 PM
Pro

Cool

sorry to hear man...just have your parents drop you off at school tomorrow...no alarm needed...j/k some pile broke into my TL two years ago... the alarm didn't scare them...neither did the fact that there was a restaurant full of people watching them do it...they got plate numbers and descriptions and finger prints from the screwdriver they left in my frickin car...but now i have a siren in the trunk, under the hood and in the cabin, so if you try to take my stereo stuff, your ears won't be able to enjoy it...

------------------
1996 2.5 TL Dark Green
HKS Powerflow, HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator, Sebring Exhaust, Jacobs Pro Street, Apex-i AFC, Jet ECU, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis Metal Master Pads, PIAA 1100x, Clarion 9255, Tube Driver Amps, Boston Pro 10's (2) , CD Technologies 6-4-2, Clarion MVA6491 (3), Valentine 1, Cliford Avant Guard 4, Monster Capacitors (2), Jacobs Accuvolt, Trunk, Underdash and Underbody Neons
No nav yet but soon!!!
Old 01-23-2001, 10:38 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally posted by haha98:
sorry to hear man...just have your parents drop you off at school tomorrow...no alarm needed...j/k some pile broke into my TL two years ago... the alarm didn't scare them...neither did the fact that there was a restaurant full of people watching them do it...they got plate numbers and descriptions and finger prints from the screwdriver they left in my frickin car...but now i have a siren in the trunk, under the hood and in the cabin, so if you try to take my stereo stuff, your ears won't be able to enjoy it...

hey how you get this siren installed........that is a brilliant idea...i am about to get a system and i wanna make any low life really pay dearly for trying to break into my Baby.....my alarm is already soooooooo over sensitive, it often makes me look like i am breaking into my own car........ but i do not care, i mean damn , what about all those other ones i set off at my parking garage at work when i roll bye, quietly ofcourse
Old 01-23-2001, 11:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts

Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-24-2001, 12:00 AM
Racer

sucks dude... sorry to hear it .. but look at the bright side - at least u still have your car
Old 01-24-2001, 12:08 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,154 Likes on 825 Posts
I have installed a battery backed-up siren under the hood of my Integra, and put the original siren inside the car. Believe me, I cannot stand to have my head inside the car for more than 3 seconds while the alarm is going off. The backed-up siren has saved my car once, when some jerks popped open my hood by pulling out the hood cable inside the wheel well and pulled out the positive main cable at the battery. My car was broken into once and the alarm disabled the same way before I had the backed-up siren. That time they almost stole my car if they haven't screwed up my ignition key switch.
Old 01-24-2001, 01:50 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Grishulia
Yeah right spend your money on a good alarm system.... there is a good joke or maybe a true story....
"A guy hears his car alarm go off and runs out to his car, he sees two big guys standing next to his car...and guess what he hears them say: "thank you for bringing us the keys man""
Don't waste your money just get the Autolock and stay with the stock alarm!
That is why you always combine the afg security system with the regular security system.

------------------
"Man thinks that, they own things And man sits high upon thrones
When you die tell me what the fvck you own
When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
As food for worms or fossils trapped in stone."
Old 01-24-2001, 06:29 AM
Instructor

Window may have been broken and your door jimmied; however, vehicle was not stolen!!! That is the purpose of the alarm. Hey what good is it if someone throws a brick through a window and sets off the alarm. You just wasted hundreds of dollars on a alarm that tells you your window was broken. Everyone pretty much disregards alarms sirens anymore. A couple of months ago, someone actually jimmied my truck door in the middle of a Home Depot parking lot around noon on Saturday. Crooks are pretty bold and rather stupid. (If your going to do a crime, make sure you can live the ret of your life on the payoff)
Old 01-24-2001, 06:59 AM

Would this be a good alarm system?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...225747&r=0&t=0

------------------
2001 Acura TL - Naples Gold Metallic