My TL is at the Acura Dealer Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:50 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My TL is at the Acura Dealer Today

Well, got fed up with my wipers smacking the side so hard, and it actually broke one of my wiper blades so i decided it was time to have the entire wiper system changed or whatever it is that causes it. The adjustment did me no good so time to take evasive manuevers. Along with them changing that, there doin a few other things that were havin them do. My 99TL just hit 60K recently so were having them do a few other things for preventative reasons. The following things are being done...

-Changing the Wiper Linkage or whatever its called
-Change Water Pump
-Coolant Flush/Fill
-Tranny Flush/Fill (they said there gona flush it 3 times, run it through all the gears and fill it. 12 quarts in all they said or somethin.
-Chaning the Timming Belt (They said it was border line of needing to be changed)
-Changing all 3 Motor Mounts (They said all three were cracked or somethin)

My parents are paying for the timming belt change and tranny flush since the car is in there name and there still paying for the car. The extended Warranty we got for it through my dads credit union covers the rest of the changes. I pay for mods and regular things like changing my oil, Tires, Alignments, Balances etc This is the first time my TL has gone to the Dealer so its kinda a big deal in a good way for me. A couple employee guys there commented on the way my TL looks which was kinda nice cuz i dont get compliments all the time in person. Anyways i was bored so i thought id let you all know what was goin on with my TL. Lata.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wipers did the same. i replaced the primary linkage arm. they work like new.
u probably don't need the timing belt.
probably not a water pump either.
flush and fills can't hurt.
i had to get my motor mounts changed out at 70k.
love my 99.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned

I'm not even going to begin the stories with my car. Summary? "W.T.F"
Old 08-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Low and Slow

Sounds like you take great care of your car, but I don't think you should need the water pump or timing belt yet. Good luck with all of that work. Hope you get her back and she's as good as new.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the dealer wanted to change the water pump since they were gona change the timming belt anyways. Do them at the same time so that later on, i wont have to worry about it. Mind you, ill be continueing to drive my TL through the remainder of college which is 3 more years plus maybe a couple years after that till im ready for brand new car. Anyways, the work done was great, i can tell a difference on startup and shifts with the new motor mounts. I guess i just didnt realize that the mounts could of been cracked. Anyways it was covered by the 4 year warranty we bought for the car when we got it used. Timming belt was border line, but my dad would rather pay the cost of the new timming belt then have to buy a new engine if that belt were to snap at random sometime eventually. We only payed for the timming belt and Transmission fluid drain/fill. Anyways, im happy with there service, WAS QUICK AND EXCELLENT. I think they might of taken care of my Insufficient EGR FLOW problem. I know there erased the code but if it pops back up, ill know that they didnt really clean it out for me. Hopefully they did since they were doin what work they had to do anyways. Besides all this, wiper linkage wont come in till like friday, so then ill go back over there and they'll swap the new one in quick. Anyways, runnin good and i continue the pay the damn 93 Octane GAS PRICES LMAO. I gotta have top performance, none of that 87 DIRT MAGIRT. Lata.