My car got STOLEN!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 08:21 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car got STOLEN!!!!!!!

My car got stolen out of my drive way this morning when i woke up. The Alarm and Immoboilzer did not work at all. My mods are listed on my Signatures and im wondering how long do i hafta wait in order to get insurace money off of the TL and what should i do with my mods.. i have most of the reciepts.

i think im in the market of purchacing a new car after this whether they find the car or not. please help me decide..

i am very very very sad now.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Dude, that sucks! Sorry to hear! Did you file a report? I hope everything works out!
Ed
Old 11-28-2001, 08:29 PM
Burning Brakes

OUCH. Sorry bro. What kind of alarm did you have?
Old 11-28-2001, 08:30 PM
Peach Tea

Re: My car got STOLEN!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AzNTL
My car got stolen out of my drive way this morning when i woke up. The Alarm and Immoboilzer did not work at all. My mods are listed on my Signatures and im wondering how long do i hafta wait in order to get insurace money off of the TL and what should i do with my mods.. i have most of the reciepts.

i think im in the market of purchacing a new car after this whether they find the car or not. please help me decide..

i am very very very sad now.
dude that SUCKS i hope they catch the bastard. some people .

if i was in the market for a new car, i would get an S2000
Old 11-28-2001, 08:30 PM
Pro

i filed the report this morning with the police and the insurance.. i think the cops think i stole my own car because i just took off my rims on the weekend for the winter. This sux/
Old 11-28-2001, 08:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

ooh now if you did steal your own car, you would be pimp...sorry that happened tho due, insurance usually sux because they will find some way to short you on mods...good luck...Shyne
Old 11-28-2001, 08:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh man! I'm really sorry to hear that Those BASTARDS! What goes around BETTER go around!

"The alarm and the Immobolizer". Did you still have the stock alarm? Maybe they rolled it out and towed it.

Sorry to hear the news man.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:35 PM
Pro

do u guys know how long do i hafta wait before i get some money back for the car?
Old 11-28-2001, 08:39 PM
Burning Brakes

do u guys know how long do i hafta wait before i get some money back for the car?
Not sure how long it takes. I think it all depends on how long it takes to find your ride
Old 11-28-2001, 08:48 PM
Just too cool

That really sucks. I hope you get a fatty insurance check! Good thing about my car is that I park it inside my garage, so there's a less likely chance of theft. Maybe your should consider "the club" or park your car in a garage.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:49 PM
Pro

its a very good neighborhood to start with.. and im wondering y they stole my TL when there's a MDX rite next to it
Old 11-28-2001, 08:50 PM
Racer

Damn! I feel your pain bro! Insurance sucks!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:54 PM
Pro

man i dont care anymore if they want my headlights that bad they can have it but i just want my car back...
Old 11-28-2001, 09:07 PM
Racer

man I feel your pain I had that happen to me before also I hope they find yours in better condition they found mines in I had a 98 Accord it was totally stripped whan they found it
Old 11-28-2001, 09:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ARE YOU SURE IT WAS NOT THE REPO MAN???????????????
Sorry to here about your car I know if you get it back its not the same. When someone stole my nieghbors LINCOLN about a year ago he called me when the police found it. I took him to the location that the police had it & the 3, 15yr old buttholes that stole it. They had a police chase & they wrecked the car. The car had run into someones backyard & thru & over a 6 foot fence almost into the house.
The buttholes even had chicken bones in the glovebox. They had changed the personalized DC. tags that he had on it & put NC. tags on it.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:06 PM
Pro

how did the theif get pass the immobolizer... all my keys are accounted for so how did they start up the car. i understand that the factory alarm isnt a problem but the immobolizer??
Old 11-28-2001, 10:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

They could have towed the car so its not important to start it.
The parts are worth more then the whole car itself.
When I was getting my aftermarket alarm installed a few years ago. The guy that owns the shop told me a story. He said some lady that had a LEXUS in a good section out in the surburbs had her car broken into. What they took was the seats in the car only.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:43 PM
Racer

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that dude! I can't imagine the feeling, knowing somebody else has your ride!!

Hope things work out for you one way or the other.....Good luck...

Old 11-28-2001, 11:40 PM
Pro

SOrry to hear bro...hope everything works out....
THOSE BASTARDS

I remember the time when someone broke my passenger side window just to steal a walkie talkie and a melted chocolate bar..
Old 11-29-2001, 01:23 AM
O.G.

That freaking SUCKS! Sorry to hear about that.
Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 11-29-2001, 04:56 AM
Pro

sorry to hear about that

but it should take like a month to get your money back from insurance. make sure you give them all the reciepts...and pictures help too.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:10 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

That is some ****ed up **** man... Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel...
Just like everyone here... I hate ****ing thieves! My freaking Laptop- brand new and my freaking PS2- Brand new along with five games were stolen from my girlfriend's house two days ago... F@cking shietheads!
They touched nothing else in her house but two of my most precious possessions! Feel better man... At least you still have insurance to cover you loss. But not me....
Any ways hope you feel better...
And guess what, I just posted a link... If you are interested in a S2G that is... Go to here and hopefully it won't be too late.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...ndexURL=0&rd=1
I've checked. That's 400 above the invoice price of the car. Good Luck Yo!
Old 11-29-2001, 05:49 AM
Pro

THanks for the support guys.. now ill hafta wait to ear from the insurance and the police before i decide on a new car. rite now it looks like the TL-S Agean Blue... hehe.... thats the only thing i have to look forward too... but when i get the car everything from my old car fits.. sigh
Old 11-29-2001, 06:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

. i think the cops think i stole my own car because i just took off my rims on the weekend for the winter. This sux/
Dude, do you have the receipts for the rims? If you do i would have told the police they were ON the car.
Old 11-29-2001, 07:26 AM
Racer

what kinda of alarm did you have??
Old 11-29-2001, 08:10 AM
Instructor

Man that sucks!! I would never be worried about my car being stolen if I lived in Newton, such a nice area! I'm sorry to hear about it, and I hope they find your car soon! Did you have just the factory alarm??
Old 11-29-2001, 08:35 AM
Moo
Pro

Sorry to hear about your car. I hope everything works out for you. I hope the bastards that took your car pay heavily for what they did. It really sux.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:43 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Those slime faced muther farkers. Sorry to hear about your incident. I hope you don't get shafted by the insurance company.

Those freakin' cops suspect YOU of stealing your own car? Good grief.

Keep us posted.....

:-jon
Old 11-29-2001, 08:52 AM
Instructor

Angry

Sorry to hear it dude! My great aunt used to have a house in Newton. It was my dream to move there one day! Do you know where 50 Green Park is? I can't believe your TL was stolen from Newton!!! Once again, sorry to hear it!

Noam
Old 11-29-2001, 09:10 AM
Pro

Sorry to hear that .... Hummm the stock security and Immobilizer not working huh ..... Now i have to pay twice the attention to my car.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, thieves are everywhere..not just in the ghetto. The reason why they chose your car instead of the MDX was probably b/c you had a kit with some wheels (very attractive to the eye) hehe Whoever jacked your sh*t was some lucky mother fathers! man, you had ps2's, JL's, lights, all that! It's a shame though...

Actually, if a thief wanted something from your car..they'll take it. I dont know what a "immobilizer" is but there is a way to break into a persons car whether they have an alarm or not. this is how it works..

before they break into the car, they unscrew ANY little lense from the outside of the car. any lense where a screw is reachable such as bumper lenses or maybe taillights (if they got balls) they'll unscrew (or break) the lense and take the wires that are used for the bulbs. they then splice the wires.. they set off the alarm by kicking the car and then placing the 2 spliced wires together and thatll cut off the flashing lights, when the alarm is set, and it'll shut off the car. after that, it is smooth sailing..

as for wheels, no lock can really be safe. what they can do is get a blow torch and heat the lugs until they are SUPER DUPER hot (which shouldn't take long because of the small housing around the lug). after the lug is super hot, it gets soft and flexible and all they have to do is get a screwdriver and pop that sh*t off.

Well there you have it! ive never tried any of these!! but i hope you're now aware of how things are done
Old 11-29-2001, 10:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,210 Posts
The immobolizer/stock alarm isn't worth crap. Any real thief has a "dealer key" that can get into and start any TL.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:07 AM
Pro

fukkin lozers. I hate theives. Newton is very nice too, damn. That's why they went there though, I bet they were scoping the neighborhoods around there for a good find. Good luck with the insurance (I never got paid on my old car break-in/total), I had a really bad experience myself, so extra luck to you!
Old 11-29-2001, 11:00 AM
Racer

Sorry about your loss. I am in the Boston and Wellesley area, so I will keep a look out for your car. I guess I will have to watch out where I park my car now.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Dude I am majorly sorry about that. That is horrible.......best of luck 2 U, bro...
Old 11-29-2001, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Wampum

Not sure how long it takes. I think it all depends on how long it takes to find your ride
Actually it should have nothing to do with how long it takes to find his ride. He should be funded in a few days...
Old 11-29-2001, 12:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by VTEC Animal

Actually it should have nothing to do with how long it takes to find his ride. He should be funded in a few days...
I know this guy who has a modded Teg that got stolen. It took him over 6 months before the insurance paid him out. Yeah, the insurance co will look at you and think "punk kid with a modded car, he's probably involved in getting his own car stolen" mentality, and will find a way to shaft you. If this happened to an adult, insurance co pays out faster. That the bummer in being a teenager or young adult with a nice or modded car.

AznTL: when you get your next ride, may I strongly suggest you get an after market alarm system with the following options?
1) shock/glass/motion sensors
2) ignition kill
3) pager
4) backup siren
5) pain generators (piezo sirens) for the interior
6) Lojack or other similar tracking devices
7) anti-carjacking device

I recommend Clifford or Alpine. When you make it so hard for a thief to take your car, he will move to another target. You spend big $$$ to mod your car, you should at least spend big $$$ to protect it. JMHO. Good luck in whatever you decide!
Old 11-29-2001, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by VTEC Animal

Not always the case, especially here in MA. If they cut him a check today and the car is recovered tomorrow with only minimal damage (kids took it for a joyride instead of someone wanting the whole car to sell/chop/strip), the insurance company now owns a recovered stolen car. They don't want that, and many MA policies specifically list a time frame for paying out on stolen vehicles. MA is the only state in the country where the state regulates insurance, not private companies. If they find his car even moderately stripped, if it's cheaper to repair than replace, his insurance company (not him) has the option of paying to fix it only, thus forcing him to keep his original ride. Take it from me, if your car is ever stolen, the best thing that can happen to you is to let them find it completely stripped and burned out on a street somewhere the next day. That's the only way you're guaranteed a quick payoff and won't have to deal with a potentially fukked up car.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:55 PM
Pro

Mods, please delete this post
Old 11-29-2001, 01:57 PM
Pro

how did the theif get pass the immobolizer... all my keys are accounted for so how did they start up the car. i understand that the factory alarm isnt a problem but the immobolizer??
Dude, since you are in MA. Where did u get your mods done (sound system) ? My friend's friend had the same incident as you around 3 years ago. But he recovered his car (police found it on I-95), his sound systems were gone though. Hope you recover your car as a whole. It's sad

Quick Reply: My car got STOLEN!!!!!!!