mud guard and body kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mud guard and body kits

ok i decided i wanted to get a body kit.. about 829 right? how much can i expect for dealer parts and also labor... should i just buy it from here and transport it to dealer for them to install? will the 4 pc kit fit in my car?

also i've had the mud guards (dealer threw it in free) for about 8000 miles and since feb 2002, (9 months) i live in the desert though.. what should i expect under there? i want my dealer to remove em, just in case...

if i ask em to put the kit on, they will remove the mud guards and will they be responsible for cleaning and touching up any area scratched by mud guards? thanks...
Old 10-25-2002, 07:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Re: mud guard and body kits

ok i decided i wanted to get a body kit.. about 829 right? how much can i expect for dealer parts and also labor... should i just buy it from here and transport it to dealer for them to install? will the 4 pc kit fit in my car?

I don't believe the kit will fit in you car. The front and rear pieces would seem to be the problem.

also i've had the mud guards (dealer threw it in free) for about 8000 miles and since feb 2002, (9 months) i live in the desert though.. what should i expect under there? i want my dealer to remove em, just in case...

Only one way to find out. I would assume there would be a line where the edge of the mud guard touches the paint.

if i ask em to put the kit on, they will remove the mud guards and will they be responsible for cleaning and touching up any area scratched by mud guards? thanks...

Yes, the should remove them for you. If they are nice, they might touch up the scratches for you but are in no way responsible for doing it. MY suggestion is to ask them nicely if they would touch it up for you.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
The OEM kit will fit your car fine. I've seen the kits ranging in price from $829 to $860 or so. The cheapest dealer price I've seen is Park Ave and they're selling it for around $900 or so. Your best bet is to buy it online and bring it with you to the dealer. Honestly, I'd do the install myself and save the $225 or so the dealer will probably charge you: www.acura-tl.com/faq.htm#7c .

As for the mudguards, there have been reports that it gets scratched up underneath them... so when you remove them.. you may have some scratches. The odds are that they are surface scratches and you can probably buff them out. Like NSXNEXT said... the dealer is not responsible for this at all... but if you ask nicely... they may help you out...

Good luck!!
Old 10-26-2002, 03:44 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude....if you want...i can spear a couple of hours off my weekend and help you install your body kit for you....takes about 1 hour, 2 at the most. I don't want to see a fellow TL'er get ripped off by the dealer. I live in Huntington Beach. VERY Easy to do! Spend the extra $200 on a intake or something.

U will most likely have scratch marks when removing the mud guards. I took mine off around there...and i don't live in desert conditions....mine are scratched into the clear coat...i tried eveything...wax...buff..claybar, no luck...

Just e-mail me at minh714@postmark.net if you want to set up a date.