Mounting TSX Projectors! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Mounting TSX Projectors! HELP!

Hey guys.

So yesterday I under went my TSX Projector Retrofit. Everything is good so far except one speed bump. Heres what I've done so far. Oh its on an 03 TL-S

1. Baked and opened housing
2. Stripped the bezel and the low beam housing of chrom
3. Laid 3 Coats of primer on the bezel
4. Trimed an opening on the housing for the TSX Projector
5. Laid first layer of paint onto the bezel

and now Im tryin to mount these babys.

My question to you guys is, should I push the projector back any furhter into the housing by making the opening. bigger? My concern is that if I go back any further in the housing the ignitor and cap will not clear it. Here are a few pics and I promise once I'm done there will be MANY pics, maybe even a DIY

And Lastly I was planning on simply drilling 3 Hols and mounting the projectors with three long screws and locking nuts on the back end, whatd you think?

But here are the pics

SOrry if some of the pics come out sideways.

But im on my way to Emigh Ace Hardware to get those long screws and locking nuts. ANY HELP AND SuGGESTIONS welcomed
Old 01-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Jb weld stick. And yes I am serious.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:13 PM
6MT NBP UA7

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You'll have to push the projector as far back as needed to clear both the front headlight lens and the shrouds you're using. If I remember correctly, having the projector's lens too close to the headlight's lens can affect your output.
Use the lines on your factory reflector to aim your bulb's angle. Those oem lines should be aligned to the direction your bulb is facing.
As far as the igniter and cap not clearing, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always get some pvc pipes to extend your igniter cap and with a rubber boot/cap in the back, it'll be sealed. It's a retrofit so we have to be creative.
For the mounting of the projectors themselves, 3 mounting holes would work but you better be spot on with the alignment. Horizontally,vertically, and also your forward pitch.
I would recommend using some L brackets tapped to your TSX's existing mounting holes and mounting onto your reflectors. You can then add washers to whatever side of the L brackets for horizontal adjustments.
Also, your headlight looks a little hazy so clean and buff them before before you reinstall everything or else your output will be crap. DO NOT seal the lights up until your alignment is dead on. Mount the lights on the car and test aim at a wall until you get the adjustments you want. Even if it means mounting the lights on and tightening down all the screws and then removing it to make adjustments.
Once it's all said and done correctly, you'll wonder how you drove without them.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
use these instead of the PVC pipe.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=4649

your projector you need to cut more. Here is how much I cut for a gen8 headlight. And how far back it sticks out.

The front of your projector lens should be behind the slanted chrome line. Too forward and you don't have enough foreground. Too far back and some of the light gets reflected off the housing.

gen7 accord headlights are similar to yours. This is how far I had to put it

Last edited by thisaznboi88; 01-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.