Montclair Acura Competitor Propaganda

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montclair Acura Competitor Propaganda

We have more respect for a customers' intelligence than to post negative comments about competitors under aliases and pseudonyms.

This obvious thread throughout all of the negative comments about Montclair Acura is the constant mention about the quality of another NJ dealership. If any service of sales personnel from any Acura store have nothing better to do than to post absurd comments about our dealership on a "message forum" then, folks, you must question the integrity and quality that these people claim to operate under.

Montclair Acura is the 3rd largest Acura dealership in the country and has a far higher Customer Satisfaction Index than any other dealership mentioned in these chats.

The person who claims to have an uncle that works here has either had a severe identity crisis or has been disowned by his uncle because we don't know him.

We pride ourselves on the contiuned service and volume discounts that defines our commitment to excellence. We are not only proud members of Acura's Precision Team, but also a J.D. Powers certified dealer for 2 years running.

Don't fall for bitter, envious propaganda. Read between the lines and when you are ready, then decide for yourself about the purchase experience of Montclair Acura.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:47 PM
Pro

let's get reaaaaaadddddyyyyy tooooo rrrrrruuuuuummmmmmbbbbblllleeee...

i have no stake in this since im not out east but after seeing the thread about the dealership suing the customer over his threads on another board...i can't help but to think about that.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:28 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Wow, Montclair finally step out to the plate. Hmm... I bought my car there, no complains with sales or service. But personally, I think Park Ave is a little bit better because they install comptech parts and the service guys are a lot cooler.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:21 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Park Ave Acura is simply the best Acura dealer in the Northern NJ area. Period.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:26 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Oh, another reason I go to the park ave is because I always get free stuff after each service.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:33 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by 2k2SilverTL-S
Park Ave Acura is simply the best Acura dealer in the Northern NJ area. Period.
I'm thinking in the NorthEast area, not just NJ. Why else would people in CT and NY drive down 2 and 3 hours to go there?

They have an AWESOME reputation on this board and that gives them even more business. The fact that they post with us on this board and setup meets, answer questions for us (for free ) only makes their reputation better and better.

Their helpful attitude has people within 3 hours going there and people far away wishing they weren't.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Let me just say this Mr. Montclair Acura...

The reason I didn't buy my 01 TL at Montclair whic is only about 4 miles from my home..is b/c those retarded salesman took a look at me and said to themselves...he doesn't have $$$ and offered to sell me an Integra..while I was already driving a Legend...and plus, they didn't give me a competitive price...also the salesman told me he has a line of customers waiting for the TL...so I said ok..let them buy it first...i went somewhere else...I also don't get my car serviced here even though it's only 10 minutes from my house...I went to Park Ave instead...ok enuff said...
Old 11-29-2001, 11:48 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know who you are but it looks fishy. Can you identify yourself?

As far as I am concerned, I bought my TL at Montclair Acura. I have no problem with their sales rep people. My sales guy was Ed Simo and he was great in helping me purchase my car. But I do have a problem with their service dept. The few times that I went there, I felt like I was being ignored. Just because I am not old and wear a suit everytime does not mean that I am less of a customer. I will not list all my problems with your service dept out of respect for you guys.

Now I go to Park Ave Acura for all my service needs. They treat me with the same kind of professionalism as if I was a CEO of a major company. They never asked questions after questions as to why that problem is occurring. I tell them my problem and they just fix it. Then my car gets washed and vacuumed. Plus I get free gifts everytime I go there.

To me and a lot of other guys on this board, Park Ave Acura is #1.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I attempted to deal with Montclair while working with the leasing company that I was with before moving over to Lexus...their prices were among the highest from any Acura Dealer that I went to..That's not cool.
Ed
P.S. Tell Mari I said hi!
Old 11-30-2001, 12:31 AM
Racer

I can't believe I just read that a dealership is suing a customer because of a posted thread...

by any chance, can someone post the link to it so i can read what the hype is about? thanks!
Old 11-30-2001, 08:40 AM
Pro

Hummmm, I never get any free stuffs?????

Originally posted by TypeSDragon
Oh, another reason I go to the park ave is because I always get free stuff after each service.
Old 11-30-2001, 08:59 AM
Pro

If you are the best, then prove it. Sueing a customer because of the bad review posted thread doesn't sound good at all.

Multiple members positive review on Park Avenue service can't be wrong.

I never have any services from Monclair, I bought my car from Park Avenue. They beat your price by a mile. I had my car service from Denville, to Somerville to Park Avenue. At Park Avenue, I did have some minor problems with other them, but their services and repairs are all top notch. A power seat problem i had, Park Avenue fixed it in 10 minutes, Denville made me wait for 2 months and still couldn't fix it. Despire the minor problem (maybe someone miss something) They are still the best one I have ever went to.

Now I don't go to dealer anymore for services unless something that I can't fix myself and of course the warranty stuffs.
Old 11-30-2001, 09:00 AM
Racer

Screw Montclair.
I went there and had some d!ckhead sales man treat me like a was a moron who knew nothing about cars, and tried convincing me I wanted an integra b/c I could get such a great price on it(since RSX was coming in soon) I said screw u, and ended up talking to another sales guy, Chris(I think). He was better, friendly easy to work with. Got him down to a good price, but I ended up finding out that they were jerking me around(I assume b/c I talked them down to a really low price) The had me put a deposit down and I waited 5weeks for my WDP w/parch interior.
They didn't have it and kept telling me there were non around to swap for, and the back order was a couple months.
That was BS, because I went to the car locater on the Acura website and found two WDP w/parch within the area. I ended up going to Devan Acura which is closer to my house(went to Montclair b/c I work close to it) the sales guys were laid back and friendly and I got an even lower price than I did at Montclair. At Devan Acura they didn't have it but swapped for one and I had the car in 1 week.

Montclair needs to get over their whole "we're the 3rd largest volume dealer in the country" bullsh!t.
I mean who cares? Woopdy f*ck!in doo.

(BTW, I had a bad exp with them)
Old 11-30-2001, 09:04 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Joey - don't blame on Montclair sales for assuming you don't have money since you look like 14.

Monkeyboy - haven't you realized already that nobody likes you...

Originally posted by bdimc2001
Let me just say this Mr. Montclair Acura...

The reason I didn't buy my 01 TL at Montclair whic is only about 4 miles from my home..is b/c those retarded salesman took a look at me and said to themselves...he doesn't have $$$ and offered to sell me an Integra..while I was already driving a Legend...and plus, they didn't give me a competitive price...also the salesman told me he has a line of customers waiting for the TL...so I said ok..let them buy it first...i went somewhere else...I also don't get my car serviced here even though it's only 10 minutes from my house...I went to Park Ave instead...ok enuff said...
Old 11-30-2001, 09:10 AM
Pro

I'll remember this quote when u bring your car for me to install stuffs for you :p

Now Bend for Joey

Originally posted by TypeSDragon

Monkeyboy - haven't you realized already that nobody likes you...

Old 11-30-2001, 11:45 AM
Pro

"We have more respect for a customers' intelligence than to post negative comments about competitors under aliases and pseudonyms.

This obvious thread throughout all of the negative comments about Montclair Acura is the constant mention about the quality of another NJ dealership. If any service of sales personnel from any Acura store have nothing better to do than to post absurd comments about our dealership on a "message forum" then, folks, you must question the integrity and quality that these people claim to operate under. "

Wow- harsh words. I am suprised- I worked at that dealership a while ago and found that most of the people there were honest and really tried to do their best. As all of you who know us can attest- we would never do anything to denigrate the reputation or integrity of a competetor. That just makes you look unprofessional and petty. All we do is try to help in any of the ways we can- and have some fun, too. Both Jens and I post under our real names and our numbers are listed. We don't solicit any comments or feedback- those of you who post about us do so of your own free will- and we thank you for that! The fact that you base your decision to do business with us on the reccomendations of your peers is greatly appreciated. We do the best we can for any customers- regardless of where they come from or where they purchased their ride.

Please don't flame Speedy- he obviously has his reasons to feel as he does. I hope he thinks carefully before he posts ideas that really don't serve his dealership's best interests. I like many of the people there and he certainly is not making them look any better by making these accusations before getting his facts straight.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:05 PM
Banned

Wayne nailed it on the head. I've never seen either him or Jens post anything about any other dealership, only about their own. It's the customers that post about the other dealerships. And if the other dealerships would spend some time in here, maybe they'd get the same positive response that PAA gets. Customers in general are all too quick to b!tch about service when it's bad because that's usually the only way to get noticed or get things done right. When service is okay, average or even good, most customers won't say a word because they *expect* service to be good from the outset. The fact that so many people go out of their way to rave about PAA on here speaks volumes for what Wayne and Jens have done to raise the level of Acura customer service. PAA is probably 5 hours away from my house, yet if I had to have something major (non-warranty) done to my TL-S, I would probably make the trip down there because (A) I know it will get done right the first time, (B) they'll treat me right, and (C) I want to give them my business for going the extra mile for all of us on this forum. Customers who speak with their time and wallets speak much louder than those who simply shout.

Keep it up PAA!
Old 11-30-2001, 12:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Speedy: Im not posting to flame you. I never went to Montclair Acura. I dont know anything about the dealership. Here's what i do know:

-I have NEVER had a bad experience with Park Ave.

-When i call the service dept they know exactly who i am.

-I have a problem with my car, they fix it. period.

You also might want to go over to their service waiting area. They have tons of letters from satisfied customers posted on a board there. So its not just people from this message board but its many many other people who are satisfied also....

My father always tells me "YOU'RE NOT ENTITLED TO RESPECT, YOU HAVE TO EARN IT"
Old 11-30-2001, 12:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Montclair Acura Competitor Propaganda

Originally posted by Speedy
We have more respect for a customers' intelligence than to post negative comments about competitors under aliases and pseudonyms.
So is Speedy your first or last name?
Old 11-30-2001, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

IMO, the bigger the Dealership, the Snobbier the reps are. Period. This is based on experience, btw, not assumption.
Eddie
P.S. Lexus of Manhattan isn't as big as others, but we probably have more sales reps than the bigger ones, only due to higher volume/traffic.
Old 11-30-2001, 01:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I'v noticed even a lot of the dealers in LA give bad sales and service reputation....

here's my story..

My friend and I both wanted to purchase the TL type S..so we went to this dealer close to where we live.. as we got there
there were NO CUSTOMERS...and they had about 4-5 salesman standing there..looking around..doing nothing ..
so I told my friend..ignore them..let's just look at the cars for now..
then my friend had a female friend called in who also wanted to check out the cars with us. When she arrived... in less than 3 min. a salesman walked up to us and talked to her first. She is a cutie I have to admit but what's with the discrimination?

I'v noticed a lot of this lately in not only acura but others as well..
what's with the snobbish attitude? don't they want to do business?

To Dealers and Salespeople:
The best way to do sales is with courtesy and honesty. Don't put up a lie like "That's a price I cannot do" well...We consumers will come back to you and say... "Ya? but someone else can".
Try negotiating first....work with the price without shutting us out in like 10 seconds. People hate snobbish salesman. Same goes to service as well. Oh, and don't think because u r HONDA or TOYOTA that we necessarily have to buy from you. Even if the car is a hot item.

oh, and suggestion to buyers.. don't rush ur decision, compare as much as u can... I did..I researched and compared over 10 dealers... and most importantly... they want our business....not we want their business. If they don't want our business... then they won't stay in business for long.

peace
city
Old 11-30-2001, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My story - Pauly Acura Highland Park, Il

I live in the north Chicago suburbs, I posted this on another thread.

I would be careful about Pauly Acura. I posted a message here recently on the tactics I experienced with them a couple of years ago, when the '99TL came out.

I had a '93 Vigor (80K miles at the time) I was looking to trade-in. Everyone was selling the TL at sticker, so there was none of the fudging the numbers with the trade-in. Trade-in on my car at the time was around $8500. Went to Acura of Libertyville (where I bought my Vigor) and they were close ($8200), there was a waiting list so I didn't get serious with them so I don't know if they would have budged further. Went to a few other dealers
and they were in the ball park. Even went to Highland Park Lexus (I was cross shopping the ES300) and they were close, complimented me on the condition of my car, and told me that if I was serious about buying ( I really wasn't on the ES300) that there was probably a little more wiggle room on the trade. Then went to Pauly Acura and the following conversation occured after they looked at my car:

Salesman: Nice car, we'll give you $5,300.
Me: Huh, why is everyone else quoting me around $8K?
Salesman: On what car?
Me: What do you mean? My car.
Salesman: No, what car to purchase?
Me: (Getting pi$$ed now) THE REASON WHY I'M HERE... A TL!
Salesman: There's no way I could give you $8K on a TL purchase. If other
dealers are willing to pay for that, I'll sell it to them for $8K.

How pompous and arrogant. I promptly walked out. Why would I do business with them. I vowed to let everyone know their tactics. What they were doing was the same as adding a $3K surcharge to the sticker price, they just did it by low-balling the trade.

They pi$$ed me off so much I figured I'd drive my Vigor a while longer. When I did eventually buy early this year, I didn't even call Pauly, I didn't care if they had the only car in the Chicago area, they wouldn't see my money. I would gladly drive to Wisconsin or Indiana to buy the car. Acura of Libertyville didn't have the car I wanted, Arlington Acura did and came close to selling me the car, but I got a better deal from Woodfield Acura.

As I said before, Acura of Libertyville has always been professional and I have had several friends buy from them and been satisfied. Arlington Acura was courteous and professional, but I simply got a better deal at Woodfield Acura.

My job requires me to service internal clients and I have been recognized many times for my customer service and attention to their business needs.

The kicker is that the formula is not that difficult:

1. Treat people with respect (ALWAYS)
2. Try to understand the needs of the client
3. Do what you say you're going to do (i.e. follow-up, etc.)
4. Be straightforward

In most cases the interaction will be pleasant and even if you can't help the client that time, they WILL remember you and will most likely want to work with you in the future.

Seems like PAA has the formula down right and it's paying off for them. The funny thing about it is that it's fun. I was always given the most difficult clients and nothing beats the satisfaction of having them end up being your biggest advocate.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm naive or if I would end up making a ton of $$$ if I had the ability to generate the capital to open my own dealership.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:15 PM
Pro

Since we are relating dealer experiences, I'd like to again state for NYers that Westchester Acura (in Larchmonmt) sucked and treated me rudely & with a pompous attitude. I will repeat this whenever I can b/c I obviously did not appreciate my experience with them. In my Acura survey I made sure to state that.

On the other hand, Rallye Acura (LI) & Curry Acura (Scarsdale) were both great to deal with.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:24 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Wow... Thank God it wasn't "Montclair" the city in Cali, where there is a Metro Acura... Cus hell no will I wanna be a supporter of this kinda dealer.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:28 PM
2nd Gear

I'm sorry I've given the impression to anyone that we specifically targeted any dealership. Wayne from Park Ave. seems like a nice guy. We compliment him on the large following that he seems to enjoy. Since this will be my last communication, please remember, that Montclair Acura hasn't achieved the volume and Customer Satisfaction Awards without some substance. We wish all of the Acura dealerships in New Jersey continued success!
Old 11-30-2001, 08:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm sorry I've given the impression to anyone that we specifically targeted any dealership.
Come again? I'm sorry but before this thread, I had no opinion on Montclair Acura. But now I have your post to remember by. I don't think you helped your dealership any and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I don't think it was a smooth move there Speedy. Sort of put your foot im your mouth.....IMO
Old 11-30-2001, 10:28 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speedy, what happened? Let's see here. You have two posts. Post 1: You come in saying that Montclair Acura is blah blah blah and then Post 2: you issued an apology. Are you sure you're working for them? You'll be lucky if you are after this fiasco.:p I really feel bad for Montclair Acura because now you made them look even worse than before.

BTW, I believed it's a little too late for an apology.
Old 12-01-2001, 03:08 AM
Racer

Even reading about dealerships gets me pretty upset.

All dealership salesmen should remember this. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Do not discriminate based on AGE (seems like a lot of us are young and older alike) race, sex, yada yada yada. You'd be surprise how much more biz you'll get.

In case your stupid corporate training excluded this point, referrals can mean the difference between making quota and going over quota...It's pretty self explanatory...you dealerships sales idiots hear me?

I don't get it. I've had bad experiences with 2 Acura dealerships. Just because I look young does NOT mean I don't have a job. And it certainly does not mean I cannot purchase a TL. Had the guy at Stevens Creek Acura even tried to make a good impression on me, who knows...he might have made some money. Geez, it's not a hard concept. (Kind of reminds me of a Fry's Electronics Story...they're notorious for crap customer service as well)

I know there was a thread on this earlier this year, but once again I will state that Stevens Creek Acura public enemy #1 in my books here and Sunnyvale, you're not too far behind.

For my fellow TLers, thanks for letting me vent!
Old 12-01-2001, 04:11 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
So, why threads that says nagative things about PAA got lock and deleted?
Old 12-01-2001, 12:51 PM
do it yourself, !

Re: Montclair Acura Competitor Propaganda

The person who claims to have an uncle that works here has either had a severe identity crisis or has been disowned by his uncle because we don't know him.

Mr. Speedy,I really hope that wasn't your last communication on this board. My question to you is, do you know every single person on this board and their extensive family members?? Do you know the family members of every person on your staff? I don't know if anyone else has claimed to know family members at your dealership, but I do know that I for one, have made those "claims" and can prove it as well. But this is something I have mentioned a long time ago when I first purchased my vehicle AT MONTCLAIR ACURA. You seem to have lurked on this board for some time and have just recently decided to speak out.

I do not post here often since I do not own a TL specifically. But I do know I have made that "claim" either here or the CL Board. I shall rename anonymous and not mention my relation to a staff member because that doesn't seem to be the issue here, but I thought I'd just clear that up.

What seems to be the issue here is that there is a big number of Northeast owners that will travel hours just to deal with Park Ave Acura. They have treated these Acura owners with the same courtesy as your sales reps have. I stand by the SALES of Montclair and will always buy there as long as I own Acura. I have recommended many to your dealership OVER Park Ave Acura as well. Your sales staff is as welcoming as they come, but I see you feel that people slander Montclair which leads to loss of business for you.

I can only speak for myself when I say I will purchase at Montclair but service at Park Ave. Their Service and Sales work hand in hand and that combination is what makes them so succesful. Montclair Acura SERVICE- hands down - dissappoints me. In my experiences with your Service Dept I have seen no teamwork between sales and service (maybe it has to do with the actual showroom and service waiting room totally divided at your dealership). A few examples were,

1) Asking several times that my sunroof is rattling when there is a known fix to this (according to many other dealerships) and being looked at like I had 3 heads and it never being fixed.

2) Trunk alignment was off and your service took a wrench to the misaligned side to bend the arm out of place - then reported back that I needed to go to a body shop because I must've "stuffed" my trunk so full that it bent out of place.

Sorry to be so critical, but the community of CL's and TL's here notice these small things that dealerships provide for us and its these small things that go such a long way in our car buying and car servicing experiences. Anyone would have brushed such experiences off and returned to your service as usual, but value is on many of our minds and to have the superb service of Park Ave Acura as an option, honestly, which would you choose??

Just my 2 cents.
Happy ownder of 2001 Acura CL Type S bought from MONTCLAIR ACURA.
Old 12-01-2001, 01:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,057 Likes on 1,142 Posts
Car dealers hate message boards like this.

Before they could piss someone off and they would just go away mad. Maybe they would say something if someone they knew said they were thinking about going there.

Now that same pissed off person can go on a message board and blast the dealer. That probably costs them to lose atleast 10 possible deals. Looks like they have no choice but to give good customer service for now on.

Straighten up your act and the compliments will come in just as fast as the negatives. Car dealers better understand that there is a new breed of consumer out there. This breed of consumer is growing in size everyday. They demand top notch treatment and cheap prices. Dealers that don't deliver on this will fail.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:26 PM
Senior Moderator

I've heard plenty of complaints about my dealership's service department, All I can do is listen and recommend to my fellow co-workers in the service department about this, nothing else. I've also heard plenty of praise as well, but there should never be any criticism, if there is, something has to be done to change the minds of those disappointed. As for trade-in's, I had a customer come to me for a new ES300 and wanted to trade in his '93 ES300 with 170k miles. What can I tell him? I simply said that he's better off donating the car and taking a tax return on it instead of embarrassing him with the actual number i'd be able to buy the car from him for. Aside from that, we would have no way to sell a car with such high mileage to re-sell it, so that's what he did. No hard feelings, just a happy customer with a brand new ES300.
Ed
Old 12-01-2001, 07:38 PM
jr
Instructor

Originally posted by doopstr
Car dealers hate message boards like this.

Before they could piss someone off and they would just go away mad. Maybe they would say something if someone they knew said they were thinking about going there.

Now that same pissed off person can go on a message board and blast the dealer. That probably costs them to lose atleast 10 possible deals. Looks like they have no choice but to give good customer service for now on.

Straighten up your act and the compliments will come in just as fast as the negatives. Car dealers better understand that there is a new breed of consumer out there. This breed of consumer is growing in size everyday. They demand top notch treatment and cheap prices. Dealers that don't deliver on this will fail.

HELL YEA !!!

its to bad that so many people out there are not smart and look up fourms like this before the buy a car.just go to places like edmunds and then buy a car. i have bought alot of cars in my life and i can say that 60% of dealers out there have good sales men and 75% of them have bad service. while the ones with ****head salesman.. i cant say i didnt buy a car from them. jm2c.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:46 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by SL1200MK4
So, why threads that says nagative things about PAA got lock and deleted?
I only remember one complaining about PAA. I won't say who it was, but I remember he was b!tching and moaning about PAA not fixing something that was NOT WARRANTY. It was a very sloppy post that strayed way off from the original topic because the accusations were stupid. Wayne responded (while on vacation) and it was worked out I believe.

If a topic strays or there is a lot of flaming and name calling, it would get deleted or locked... I'm sure that it wasn't because someone complained about PAA.

I could be wrong, but I wanted to provide my $.02.
Old 12-01-2001, 08:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Dealers/service department don't like sites like this..becuase we can get items cheaper... that's why..
it makes them look bad...

city
Old 12-01-2001, 09:07 PM
Instructor

Question

wait a minute guys...

maybe speedy was from a competitor's dealership, and his mission was to give Montclair a bad name? ( or in some cases, an even worse name)

Don't be fooled! hehe

kevin
Old 12-01-2001, 10:12 PM
Pro

U have to wonder if the people who start dealerships start out "slimy" or become that way over time or just inhale to much fumes that their brains get corrupted. As someone already posted, just being honest, no pressure, doing their best to be good, this will result in more business than pulling stuff that we've all come to expect of car dealers. Why is it sooo hard to find dealers that are not arrogant, pompous, jacka$$eS? Are they born that way or become that way?? hmmm......would make a good thesis i think...."Behavioral evolution and psyche of car dealers and the jacka$$e$ who work for them." We went to a volvo dealer just because we got our TL. We were thinking of getting a S70. Dealer screwed up and we got our deposit back. Sales manager tells us "Give us a second chance. Even criminals get a second chance." I said, "Yes, youre right. But i don't believe car salespeople deserve a second chances." We walked out and never looked at another volvo car, and got the TL instead. (Volvo? damn...what were we thinking!!")
Old 12-01-2001, 11:46 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL
IMO, the bigger the Dealership, the Snobbier the reps are. Period. This is based on experience, btw, not assumption.
Eddie
P.S. Lexus of Manhattan isn't as big as others, but we probably have more sales reps than the bigger ones, only due to higher volume/traffic.
I agree with you in that perspective, I've noticed from parents, etc. dealing with Ford dealers; that the larger ones have been worse.

West-Herr Ford (Western NY's #1 Volume Ford Dealer!) was by far THE worst. The service department was horrific -- one of many fine examples was when my father took his (at the time) brand new F-250 truck in. The radio had quit working; we sat in the waiting area for approximately three hours. In which time a service rep. came out and said "You're all set." Great!

We go out and get in the truck -- it has no radio in it. When asked, the service rep. replied that they had to order the radio. Wait a minute --- we sat there for 3 hours for you to tell us you had to order a radio? No nonon ono.

Towne Ford (WNY's 2nd LARGEST DEALER!!!!!) was also horrid. After doing warranty service -- along with a non-warranty item -- I went with my Grandmother to pick the vehicle up for my dad. We hadn't expected it to cost us anything as we had anticipated that it would all be under warranty. They would not trust us to take the truck home to go get money & return. I had to sit and wait there while someone drove my Grandmother back to her house to get money. (It wasn't a horridly large bill either, like $250)

My Mom has had nothing but negative experiences with Ed Shultz Ford (/Auto Group) They sold her a lemon, refused to acknowlege it, never repaired it to 100% capacity, gave her zilch trade in when she finally had to get rid of it.

I dealt with them looking at a new car -- finding that their sales staff was horrifically rude -- the most so being the Sales Manager. They were pushy (calling almost daily asking what I wanted to do) Finally after a week I got tired of it and when the Sales Manager called I told him I purchased another car elsewhere -- wow did he get nasty.

Emerling Auto in Springville NY was also horrid. The saleman were simply LIARS. Their service department was ok, but nothing to write home about.

As to other dealerships -- it can vary greatly. I once went to a VW dealer (one of the largest & "most prestigious" in the area). I was given the keys to look at a car -- when I came back in to talk to the salesman -- he dismissed me when an older woman walked into the showroom. (more or less assuming I couldn't afford the car) That p!ssed me off to no end...

I have also been to dealerships that have been great --- they'll hand you the keys to a $40,000 Infiniti/Lexus, etc. and say go take a test drive. That's trust & what I look for in a dealer.

In dealing with Ray Laks Acura in NY -- I've found that I prefer the Williamsville store. West Seneca was alright, but I found Tiffany & Mark @ the Williamsville one to be more friendly and willing to help out. They listened to the problem, found it, fixed it. That's it. They didn't care that I wasn't the original owner, that I didn't purchase the car from them, etc. They treated me in a completely professional manner -- and I plan on making the extra 20 min. trip to use that facility.

As for listening to people's words for thoughts and/or reccomendations (for or against) a dealership; I would take the word of a previous customers anyday. I've heard nothing but good about Park Ave. Acura on this board -- the other day I posted about the Splash Guards for my TL and obtaining instructions. Park Ave. faxed me instructions and I don't even live in the area. If I ever move to that area (and it is in the plans someday) they will definately be my preferred Acura dealership. Not because they said they are a good dealership, or because of awards or accolades they have earned -- simply because of word of mouth.

Wow I'm ranting
Old 12-02-2001, 05:28 PM
Certified Lurker

I can say this about Montclair...There have been a few times that i have gone into the sales dept. and talked with one of the salesmen (Douglas) and he is a nice guy, very knowlegable, and fun to talk to. When i did go in there, i can say that i was quickly aproached by a salesman and asked if i needed anything, etc., when at other dealerships (Denville) i was in there walking around and looking at a car for 15 MIN. and still was not asked if i needed help. Denville Acura is definitly the worst in the area. As far as the Montclair service dept., I have never had a problem, but thats because my family is close friends with one of the servicemen and he alaways fixes our car for us. Going back to the sales dept. though, i do know that they dont offer the best prices cause when my brother bought his 99 TL he got a much better price at Wayne Acura then here. I have only been to Park Ave. once, and that was for the Meet, but i will definitly look there when I get my CL in the spring.

And on a side note, i do kinda feel sorry for that Speedy character, cause if i was in charge at a dealership and read what he wrote, i would fire his ass for making Montclair Acura look like a fool.