minor service

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
minor service

today (11/21) i took my car to the dealer for the 7500 mile minor service. i suggest that you guys do this on ur own. the total came out to $106.45... and like $77 of that was for labor so only like $30 was for actual parts. i totally got ripped off and i feel like a complete ass. all they did was replace the wipers, rotate the tires, top aff all the fluids, and maybe some other really small things. it was definitely not worth it.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:11 AM
Racer

I took my car in today as well, they recommended a "Type 2" service which i think what str8acura did. It came to 150 sth canadian, i was like, hell no, so i just did the "type 1" service which came in at 67 dollars, still that was rip off, only change engine oil and topped up all fluids, never else!!!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

with two jacks, i could roate my own tires... i dont see what they really top off...i cud top off my own fluids. i dont need them to charge me for that crap... does anyone really think its worth it?
Old 12-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3
with two jacks, i could roate my own tires... i dont see what they really top off...i cud top off my own fluids. i dont need them to charge me for that crap... does anyone really think its worth it?
I went for my 7500 mile service in October: I had the leather seat repaired under warranty, but while it was in I had Smithtown Acura rotate my tires. The total came to under 20 bucks with tax.
For me, it was worth the bucks to have someone else rotate the tires: it had to be there for the warranty repair anyway!
Old 12-22-2002, 02:15 AM
Racer

how about 189 bucks for a 7500 mile service at island acura of wantaugh. who knows what they did i just take it there cause its on lease and i don't want any problems. By the way island acura sucks as a dealership and service wise. Def buy your car from another acura dealer.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:53 AM
Race Director

OK Im not getting THIS? I thought during your warranty period all service checkups and etc are free? So what do I get free with a Warranty? So getting a 100,000 mile warranty is only good for Factory problems and anything that goes wrong from parts/labor? What a bunch of CAHOOKI
Old 12-24-2002, 12:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by 2004TL
OK Im not getting THIS? I thought during your warranty period all service checkups and etc are free? So what do I get free with a Warranty? So getting a 100,000 mile warranty is only good for Factory problems and anything that goes wrong from parts/labor? What a bunch of CAHOOKI
Warranty covers repairs for defective or faulty parts only. Anything that is subject to normal wear, as well as routine maintenance is *not* covered. You are responsible for costs of things like oil changes, tire rotations, brake pad replacement, wiper blade replacement, coolant flush, brake fluid flush, tranny fluid flush, air filter replacement, HVAC filter replacement, etc. These things wear during the life of the car and is just an unavoidable expense of owning a vehicle. Now, the more of this you can do yourself, the more money you can save. I do all of my routine maintenance myself and have yet to take any vehicle into a dealership for routine service. I keep good records of all my work, and I've never had a warranty claim denied as a result (including my recent tranny replacement on my TL-S).

BTW, this is true for just about every manufacturer out there. The only exceptions are some makes (like BMW) that will provide free routine maintenance during the life a lease. They do this because some people who lease cars never do a thing to them because they know they will be getting rid of them in a few years so let someone else deal with the problems they leave behind. Dealers were discovering cars turned in from leases were treated like pigs and the resale value was crap. So to keep the resale value higher (and less warranty claims down the road), they now offer free maintenance on their leases. I know BMW does it, and I'm sure there are others out there as well.