In Maryland? Anyone with Mods done??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Maryland? Anyone with Mods done??

Hey all, this is for those who live in the Maryland/DC area! For any of you that have installed mods onto the car, where do you take it? Who does a good job? Who would you recommend and who would you NOT recommend? I plan on getting springs and i'm wondering where I would take it to get it done! Thanks!!

-Rob
Old 10-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

I live in the MD area but I did all my mod install myself. Jrock from the CL forum gets his stuff done at Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg MD. Rosenthal is where I get my service done now and they are great. I highly recommend them. They may be a bit expensive than independent shops since they are a dealer but thats usually the case.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:31 PM
Instructor

hey

Originally posted by PhiTL
I live in the MD area but I did all my mod install myself. Jrock from the CL forum gets his stuff done at Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg MD. Rosenthal is where I get my service done now and they are great. I highly recommend them. They may be a bit expensive than independent shops since they are a dealer but thats usually the case.
hey what sup? I would do the stuff myself, but i don't know a lot about cars, and don't wanna risk anything. I actually bought my car from Rosenthal Acura, and they were pretty good, but SOOO far. I took my car to Tischer in Laurel to get my recall notice checked on. They were alright i guess. Is Rosenthall really that reliable when doing modification work??
Thanks

-Rob
Old 10-04-2002, 09:01 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: hey

Originally posted by ChillRobP

hey what sup? I would do the stuff myself, but i don't know a lot about cars, and don't wanna risk anything. I actually bought my car from Rosenthal Acura, and they were pretty good, but SOOO far. I took my car to Tischer in Laurel to get my recall notice checked on. They were alright i guess. Is Rosenthall really that reliable when doing modification work??
Thanks

-Rob

I think JRock knows a tech over at Rosenthal so that's how he gets his mods installed there. Otherwise, Rosenthal won't install any aftermarket parts at all. They said they could order me Comptech parts, but I'd have to get them installed elsewhere. But Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA installs mods. Also, check out Vertex Motorsports in VA. A lot of the TL and CL guys have had work done on their cars over there, including springs, sways, headers.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: hey

Originally posted by Nitin

I think JRock knows a tech over at Rosenthal so that's how he gets his mods installed there. Otherwise, Rosenthal won't install any aftermarket parts at all. They said they could order me Comptech parts, but I'd have to get them installed elsewhere. But Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA installs mods. Also, check out Vertex Motorsports in VA. A lot of the TL and CL guys have had work done on their cars over there, including springs, sways, headers.
Yea quite a few people got their stuff installed at Vertex. I didnt mention them because I havent personally worked with them.

I didnt know that about Rosenthal's after market policy, sorry about that.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: hey

Originally posted by PhiTL

Yea quite a few people got their stuff installed at Vertex. I didnt mention them because I havent personally worked with them.

I didnt know that about Rosenthal's after market policy, sorry about that.
So if Vertex is the place to go, where exactly is it, and what kind of pricing do they have??
Since most have gone there for work done, and the shop is familiar with working on TL's and CL's, i'd be more than happy to bring my car to them. Just wanna get an idea of pricing. Thanks

-Rob
Old 10-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Re: Re: hey

Originally posted by ChillRobP

So if Vertex is the place to go, where exactly is it, and what kind of pricing do they have??
Since most have gone there for work done, and the shop is familiar with working on TL's and CL's, i'd be more than happy to bring my car to them. Just wanna get an idea of pricing. Thanks

-Rob
They are in McLean, VA. Here is the info:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=...r:regT:6:fbT:0

As for price, I have no idea...best to get a few quotes and compare. Good luck
Old 10-05-2002, 11:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

just go to yp.yahoo.com and enter in Mclean, VA for the city and serach for vertex.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:51 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Vertex Motorsports
1524 Spring Hill Rd # F, McLean, VA 22102
Phone: (703) 883-0403

Just give them a call and they'll let you know their pricing. They don't open until noon on weekdays. But spring installation should still be just about $200 over there.