Manual Maxima KILL, and Volks. VR6 KILL

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 03:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Post Manual Maxima KILL, and Volks. VR6 KILL

Alright folks -- I hate to break it to ya, but I've been revving kinda high lately in the TL-S:

The snow is gone here, and it's sunny and 40 degrees -- the TL-S seems to love the cool weather - but I don't have any hot weather experience to compare to. Anyways, I pull up along side this guy in his new Vr6 -- completely shined up, and lookin' like the dorky car that it is .. I shift to SS, and inch a couple times indicating my intentions. He rolls forward slowly, anticipating the green, and the race. I give it 75% juice, and i'm already ahead .. i quickly hit 3700 and i feel the continuous pull of he torque band -- at the end of 1st, i DEFINITELY feel the VTEC and the 260 horse. He's already way behind me, and I ended the race in 3rd gear.

Maxima... heheh

Whudda dumbass. He squeals out as soon as he smells green, and probably loses 1/2 to 3/4 or a second right there -- i compensate by slightly letting up on the gas in 1st so it's a fair race. The car SHIFTS TOO QUICKLY TO SECOND GEAR IF YOU DON'T FLOOR IT (the TL-S) .. I give it 75% (i'll use 100% for a legit. race after break-in 1000 mi) and i drop down to 1st again (the computer does this automatically) then I proceed to whomp him as soon as I hit 35 mph -- he can't keep up. I let off the gas before 10mph over the speed limit (i spot a cop) and he SCREAMS past me .. barely making the orange.

I had to make a left turn anyways!

------------------
2002 TL Type S
White Diamond Pearl
Parchment
Old 03-17-2001, 03:44 PM

Congratulations on your first two kills, and the first on the board from a TL-S owner.

------------------
GO GATORS!