Man, I am missing my car like crazy!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Man, I am missing my car like crazy!!

Earlier last week, I hit a raccoon going 80 on the highway and it destroyed the front end, and the bastage took out the radiator, too.

I got a rental car from Enterprise on Friday -- what a piece of shit. I've had it for 3 days now and I'm already sick of it. It has no real turning ability to speak of, and the engine is just horribly lacking power. I was on the highway last night, and this guy next to me in the left lane wouldn't let me merge over to pass a car in front of me. So I dropped the hammer to pass the guy, but I wasn't going anywhere.

75.... 76..... 77..... 78.... DAMN IT!! I had to slow down, let the guy pass me, and then get behind him to pass the car in front of me.

Every time I turn, the tires give out and I get crazy understeer, accompanied by a horrible screeching noise. And I'm not even pushing the car that hard. I've already come close to running into a curb twice now. I need to realize that I'm not in my car and slow down a lot more.

The interior is not much to speak of, either. CD-player, crappy stereo system, gauges... that's about it. The cloth seats are really uncomfortable, and it doesn't have lumbar support. It's nearly impossible to find a comfortable driving position, whereas the first time I hopped in my TL, I felt right at home.

It doesn't even have ABS, and it's snowing up here, so any emergency braking maneuver is out of the question for the fear of sliding.

People have always told me how quiet the TL is on the highway, but I never realized just how much until I got this pile of crap. I had to practically yell at my friends in the car while conversing at highway speeds. But it's not as bad as my brother's Eclipse.

Not to sound like a spoiled dickhead or anything, but I couldn't possibly imagine myself buying one of these. I guess I'm too used to the pampering of my TL.

Due to the extent of the damages, and the Christmas break coming up, my car most likely won't be ready until early January. Enterprise and AAA have offerd me a free upgrade as soon as more cars are available, so hopefully I'll end up switching into a better car. It's under the Standard category, and with the free upgrade, I could get a Full size or a Premium. Premiums include the Cadillac DeVille. It would be sweet if I could get one, but who knows? They probably only have like one DeVille and some rich guy is going to get it. Nonetheless, anything better than this Stratus would make me happier at this point.

Just bitchin'.

(putting on flame suit)
Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that sucks! - points for your pain.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thye gave me a cavalier as a loaner, it suuuucked, cavalier = king of accident realted deaths and OVERSTEER :P
Old 12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Banned

I know how you feel man. My car was hit while parked. I made a thread. MY baby was hit on the street. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Wait....the racoon was going 80mph on the highway.

Sorry to hear it. Rental cars are only fun if you can abuse them without leaving any visible marks. Hope you get your car back soon
Old 12-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Hang in there! you will get your baby back and every thing will be all ok!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by Stock03CLS
Wait....the racoon was going 80mph on the highway.

Sorry to hear it. Rental cars are only fun if you can abuse them without leaving any visible marks. Hope you get your car back soon
Hahaha. If the raccoon could go 80 mph, I would capture them sumbitch and race him raccoon races. I would be a millionaire!

Last night, I went out with a bunch of my friends and videotaped me drifting around corners. Since these tires don't really have a concept of what traction is, it was easy to break the rear end free. I got some really good slides in; it was a ton of fun. But I didn't abuse it to a point of breaking anything. If anything, I probably just wore out the parking brake shoes a little.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Banned

rental cars suck but they are fun to romp on
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Banned

That's what i'am doing in my rental.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by 1fasttl
That's what i'am doing in my rental.
Oh, yeah, I saw your thread last night and posted in it.

That just sucks ass. It hurt to look at the pictures.

I hope they nail that sumbitch that was driving the Saturn.

Sucks for the owner of the Millennia, too. Is it totalled?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Banned

Not sure on the Mazda but i did post some more pics up from later on that morning when the sun came up. I'am still waiting for my insurance adjuster to go out and look at the car
Old 12-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Dragging knees in

Oh, alright. I haven't checked the thread since last night. I'm gonna go read it now.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:38 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
hang in there bro... but you know this will definately make you treasure your TL more!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Dragging knees in

Oh, my dear God.

Ann Arbor Acura messed up again, and sent the wrong parts. They are coming in tomorrow, more than a week past what they had promised in the first place. It's an iffy now if I'm even going to have my car back for New Year's.

I should've had my car back last week, if it weren't for Ann Arbor Acura lying out their devil asses. I have to make two trips out there now, one today to check on up the progress and tell the body shop how to mold the rear bumper kit piece before painting, and then another trip to pick up the car whenever. It's 3 hours roundtrip wasted on the road, because AA Acura couldn't get their act straight.

I'm going to stop by on the way up there and tell 'em off. I was going to have my car serviced there because Acura of Troy was horrible, but this is definitely not a good sign for Ann Arbor Acura. If they can't even handle simple parts orders, how can I expect them to work on my car? It speaks volumes for the dealership's day-to-day operations. They sound totally unorganized.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Dragging knees in

Oh, yeah, I know I said early January in the first post, but that date was changed to last week, and now changed again. It's frustrating.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Banned

same shit happened to me !!!

But we had SUPER RACOON

We were doing about 90-100 on the Turnpike heading home, and out of no where the racoon jumps over the median and flies over three lanes without touching the ground.

Split my lower lip, thank god nothing else. So yea i stopped instantly, and what did i see? THE FUCKING RACOON KEPT ON WALKING. I went in my trunk and grabbed a baseball bat to finish it off, but my friend kept me from doing it. God that pissed me off.

But now that i look back at it, it was pretty funny
Old 12-27-2004, 10:57 AM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Those Bastard Florida Racoons!
Old 12-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
whoa raccoons are scary.. ive seen skunks around here but i dont think ive ever seen a raccoon here. i remember hitting a bird (i think a small pigeon) in my first car (prelude) and freakin dented in the front of the hood and the Honda "H" sign covered in blood.. it was the nastiest thing ever.. im gonna barf again if i keep picturing that moment..
Old 12-27-2004, 11:39 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

damn sorry to hear that man! it's amazing how much damage a fuckin racoon can do!

but consider yourself lucky, my car have been stored since december 5 and will be until april-may... i already miss it so much
Old 12-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Comptech Freak

my corolla loaner was great for a daily beater, although i didn't enjoy the ride that much

gd fuel econ, i save almost 10 dollars per tank compare with my TL that needs premimum fuel
Old 12-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
damn sorry to hear that man! it's amazing how much damage a fuckin racoon can do!

but consider yourself lucky, my car have been stored since december 5 and will be until april-may... i already miss it so much
justin why you store your car? our TL is a daily driver~!!!

so what car you are driving now?

i will be coming to montreal next month for a couple days, thought i can join you for some local tours...
Old 12-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Earlier last week, I hit a raccoon going 80 on the highway and it destroyed the front end, and the bastage took out the radiator, too.

I got a rental car from Enterprise on Friday -- what a piece of shit. I've had it for 3 days now and I'm already sick of it. It has no real turning ability to speak of, and the engine is just horribly lacking power. I was on the highway last night, and this guy next to me in the left lane wouldn't let me merge over to pass a car in front of me. So I dropped the hammer to pass the guy, but I wasn't going anywhere.

75.... 76..... 77..... 78.... DAMN IT!! I had to slow down, let the guy pass me, and then get behind him to pass the car in front of me.

Every time I turn, the tires give out and I get crazy understeer, accompanied by a horrible screeching noise. And I'm not even pushing the car that hard. I've already come close to running into a curb twice now. I need to realize that I'm not in my car and slow down a lot more.

The interior is not much to speak of, either. CD-player, crappy stereo system, gauges... that's about it. The cloth seats are really uncomfortable, and it doesn't have lumbar support. It's nearly impossible to find a comfortable driving position, whereas the first time I hopped in my TL, I felt right at home.

It doesn't even have ABS, and it's snowing up here, so any emergency braking maneuver is out of the question for the fear of sliding.

People have always told me how quiet the TL is on the highway, but I never realized just how much until I got this pile of crap. I had to practically yell at my friends in the car while conversing at highway speeds. But it's not as bad as my brother's Eclipse.

Not to sound like a spoiled dickhead or anything, but I couldn't possibly imagine myself buying one of these. I guess I'm too used to the pampering of my TL.

Due to the extent of the damages, and the Christmas break coming up, my car most likely won't be ready until early January. Enterprise and AAA have offerd me a free upgrade as soon as more cars are available, so hopefully I'll end up switching into a better car. It's under the Standard category, and with the free upgrade, I could get a Full size or a Premium. Premiums include the Cadillac DeVille. It would be sweet if I could get one, but who knows? They probably only have like one DeVille and some rich guy is going to get it. Nonetheless, anything better than this Stratus would make me happier at this point.

Just bitchin'.

(putting on flame suit)
I understand you, dude. I had a loaner base RSX a while back for 3 days and that car was a box on wheel. It made me so while driving it. I would be sooo sad and mortified if anything happen to my TL. If I'm going anywhere, I have to drive my car there. There's a reason why I got my car and I'll drive it until it can't be driven anymore
Old 12-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Banned

exactly im ne ver terading this car ... im driving it until the freaking floorpan falls out
Old 12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by Hurleysurf24
exactly im ne ver terading this car ... im driving it until the freaking floorpan falls out
Old 12-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Banned

Your missing your car? So am i. Body shop told me last week i should have it back on the 3rd. It's ok i gues cause i'am getting new fog light's, headlights, carbon fiber hood and the list goes on.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Pro

Your missing your car? So am i. Body shop told me last week i should have it back on the 3rd. It's ok i gues cause i'am getting new fog light's, headlights, carbon fiber hood and the list goes on.
ahhhh.!..! ouch... salt in broke man's wound...
Old 12-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Dragging knees in

Carbon fiber hood, nice.

I got the insurance company to get me a new driver side foglight (I just remembered that I asked you about yours; I totally forgot to let you know. Sorry about that.) which was broken prior to the accident.

Also getting the dent on the hood fixed, and getting the body kit molded. She's gonna come back better than ever. Too bad Ann Arbor Acura couldn't keep their promise again, and the part still didn't come in today. Now they are saying tomorrow. It's always tomorrow, tomorrow. If it doesn't come in tomorrow, then the car is definitely not going to be ready by this weekend -- even if the part came in tomorrow, Friday is still pushing it.

If the part doesn't come in tomorrow, I'm going to call AA Acura myself. Until now, I've had the body shop deal with them, but this is getting ridiculous. Calling them myself probably wouldn't change anything, but at least after yelling on the phone for a minute would make my anger settle down.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Kollage is funn!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove a 04 TSX auto/ no nav as a loaner for two days. This is the my second time getting a 04 TSX for a loaner. My friends and i have been out with the car ALL DAY today, and i gotta say that THAT TSX IS REALLY FUN. Coming from a TL-S Nav, even though the TSX doesn't really have tire-burning power, it's smoother, handles better, more fun to drive.....i'd seriously consider buying a TSX as a second car just to beat around on.....it is so fun i can't stop driving it. I can't imagine how fun a 05 TSX in a 6MT with Nav could be!

Here are the problems that i found with the TSX which would not stop be from buying one if i were in the market for one:

1- front pillar rattles....yeah, they rattle a lot....if i owned it i'd go and have em fix it.

2- a tad unstable on the highway because of the lightweight car....but nothing serious or unsafe.

3- gawddamn horn is SO easy to push in!...it's almost funny...

that's it....parking brake by the shifter is really useful.......
also, of course it's a HONDA so reliablily and long lasting mechanics is great.

i'd definitely recommend this car to ANYONE.

After getting my car back today after two days with the TSX, i noticed my car is 200% smoother, 200% more comfy, 400% more powerfull and just a blast to drive.....it feels like an actual car....the TSX more like a toy....but a fun toy.

So even though i didn't miss my car when i didn't have it, i'm really glad i got it back....

nice little OT story....
Old 12-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by shawn744
I drove a 04 TSX auto/ no nav as a loaner for two days. This is the my second time getting a 04 TSX for a loaner. My friends and i have been out with the car ALL DAY today, and i gotta say that THAT TSX IS REALLY FUN. Coming from a TL-S Nav, even though the TSX doesn't really have tire-burning power, it's smoother, handles better, more fun to drive.....i'd seriously consider buying a TSX as a second car just to beat around on.....it is so fun i can't stop driving it. I can't imagine how fun a 05 TSX in a 6MT with Nav could be!

Here are the problems that i found with the TSX which would not stop be from buying one if i were in the market for one:

1- front pillar rattles....yeah, they rattle a lot....if i owned it i'd go and have em fix it.

2- a tad unstable on the highway because of the lightweight car....but nothing serious or unsafe.

3- gawddamn horn is SO easy to push in!...it's almost funny...

that's it....parking brake by the shifter is really useful.......
also, of course it's a HONDA so reliablily and long lasting mechanics is great.

i'd definitely recommend this car to ANYONE.

After getting my car back today after two days with the TSX, i noticed my car is 200% smoother, 200% more comfy, 400% more powerfull and just a blast to drive.....it feels like an actual car....the TSX more like a toy....but a fun toy.

So even though i didn't miss my car when i didn't have it, i'm really glad i got it back....

nice little OT story....
Yep, I'm dying to get my car back to hear the engine go into VTEC, take it around corners, turn up the stereo and listen to some quality sounds, and just cruise around... I'm going to be driving ALL day on Friday (if I get her back that day).
Old 12-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Dragging knees in

Ann Arbor Acura finally got the part in today; they are only like a week late.

Now they are refusing to deliver the part for some reason. Todd who works at the body shop called in sick today, so Ken is not able to go down there today to pick it up. I am getting so pissy. It's already like a week overdue, and I've been patient, and all I wanted was the car back by New Year's. That's not going to happen.

This totally screws up my schedule. I will never use Ann Arbor Acura for anything for the next thousand years to come. The least they could've done after being so late was deliver the part like they are supposed to. They are so unreliable and irresponsible.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Ann Arbor Acura finally got the part in today; they are only like a week late.

Now they are refusing to deliver the part for some reason. Todd who works at the body shop called in sick today, so Ken is not able to go down there today to pick it up. I am getting so pissy. It's already like a week overdue, and I've been patient, and all I wanted was the car back by New Year's. That's not going to happen.

This totally screws up my schedule. I will never use Ann Arbor Acura for anything for the next thousand years to come. The least they could've done after being so late was deliver the part like they are supposed to. They are so unreliable and irresponsible.
That sucks dood.
Just tell the service manager that they can go DIAF!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:27 PM
TLS - The Lust Sedan

Yep, I'm dying to get my car back to hear the engine go into VTEC, take it around corners, turn up the stereo and listen to some quality sounds, and just cruise around... I'm going to be driving ALL day on Friday (if I get her back that day).
Same here... I can't wait. 150 days to be exact without my car and about 60 more days or so to go... My daily beater is a POS bicycle...
Old 12-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Dude,

I had no idea your car got hit by a raccoon (was in Singapore before the tsunami). Good luck with all the work necessary. I have to check out all your mods next spring! Can we say, 'Windsor meet 2k5'?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by SMILEY
Same here... I can't wait. 150 days to be exact without my car and about 60 more days or so to go... My daily beater is a POS bicycle...
What the hell happened to yours? 150 days, plus another 60!?!? Did you snap the car in half or something?

Anyway, I talked to Ken again today, and now we're looking at next Wednesday or Thursday, ASSUMING the part sitting at the dealership is the correct part. When Todd goes down there tomorrow, he's supposed to call me and let me know if it's the right one or not -- if it's not, I'm leaving work to go to Ann Arbor Acura to talk to the Parts Manager in person. I'll let 'em have it good in front of other customers.

Oh, yeah, and they said they can't deliver the part today because the driver was not heading out that way. It's like 20 minutes away, and after such a delay and a screw-up, you would think that they would have the courtesy to deliver it right away. But no. So we asked them if they would deliver tomorrow. Their answer -- "Nope. Our driver is not going out that way tomorrow."

Fuck AA Acura!!!

It may seems like I'm bitching too much, but this is really the most frustrating repair experience I've ever had. Everything else would've been perfectly fine if it hadn't been for the dealership dicking around for like two weeks now. Since I have to wait longer anyway, I'm thinking about telling Ken to drop off all the parts there tomorrow, get a refund, and order from Tim at Ray Laks in front of them. I bet you money all the CORRECT parts will come as promised on time. Bastages.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:16 PM
All Hail the Chief

I hear you man. When we get used to our cars, we start to complain about the little things. But when we have to go without it, we realize just how fine an automobile we all really have!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by derrick
Dude,

I had no idea your car got hit by a raccoon (was in Singapore before the tsunami). Good luck with all the work necessary. I have to check out all your mods next spring! Can we say, 'Windsor meet 2k5'?
I'll be there next time for sure. I missed the last one and I regret it, but the weather did suck, anyway.

I'll be looking forward to the next meet. Hopefully by then you will have a Honda Inspire instead of an Acura Inspire. Just giving you shit.

Oh, and the accident happened on the 8th, if I remember correctly. I was coming around this bend on the highway, and for once I was paying full attention to the road. But this fucker jumped out of nowhere, and I didn't even have time to think about reacting. I saw it, and just about simultaneously, BOOM!!

I walked back like the quarter-mile or whatever we passed, found it, and I was so pissed that I was about to set the carcass on fire. There were cars driving by, and there I was, an angry Asian guy trying to set a raccoon carcass on fire... Luckily my buddy Chris pulled me back.

Anyway, I'll keep posting updates. Hopefully on Wednesday, I'll be updating with pictures of my baby all finished.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
I'll be looking forward to the next meet. Hopefully by then you will have a Honda Inspire instead of an Acura Inspire. Just giving you shit.
Oh yes ... the order to AJ-Racing is in -- just have to wait my due time.

Take it easy out there ... you know, in some parts, racoon carcass = good eatin' (but not in Windsor)
Old 01-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Dragging knees in

OH, MY, GOD.

I don't believe this. It's been delayed again. EVERYTHING has been going wrong. It seems they received a bad batch of seam sealant, and instead of drying up evenly, it became all gummy, and stuck to the panels. They had to sand everything off, and they are gonna do it again, then prime it. Now we're looking at Friday, but I'm not even hopeful, because this is literally about the 6th promised completion date they've given me.

First it was the dealership, then it was body shop getting lazy over the weekend, and now it's the sealant. What's next? Bad primer? bad paint? A falling star hits my car?

I just had to vent after getting off the phone with them. I also had to call the GMC dealership about my dad's car, and I wasn't too happy about that, either. Only added to the frustration.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

I feel your frustration Rob. Keep plugging away at it, the light is at the end of the tunnel!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by patrick
I feel your frustration Rob. Keep plugging away at it, the light is at the end of the tunnel!
Thanks, man.

Two more days... That's what I keep telling myself. Then I will be .

Quick Reply: Man, I am missing my car like crazy!!