MAJOR TLS TRANI PROBLEM- Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 01:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy MAJOR TLS TRANI PROBLEM- Please Read

Lasrt night, Thanksgiving night, I drove from Queens, NY to Brooklyn NY. Everything was OK on the highway, but when I pulled to a light, I went to shift the nob from SS mode to manual, and it got stuck. I couldn't beleive it, it just din't move. I had my girl in the car and I was blocking trafic. The car was acting like it was in neutral, so I couldn't go anywhere. I played around with the nob for a while until I was able to force it into reverse. I reversed out of the middle of the road and parked in space blocking a driveway.

I then forced the nob back into the SS mode, but the car went back to neutral status. I tried everything to make it work but it didn't. I finally had to call Acura and a truck came and took it to the shop. Today they delivered it to an Acura dealer. The dealer said they can't get to it till next monday. I don't know if the trani is out, if there is a major problem or if it is just a fuse or a circuit burn out or something that would make the computer lock up the trani like that.

The whole experience was embarasing because, there I was with a brand new, shiny car, a fly well brested, sexy asian girl in the passenger seat an a big truck with its lights flashigng getting ready to tow my car. People were passing us by and saing "damn," That's F-up.

Has this ever happened to any of you before? Does anyone know what might have caused this. Any information would be appreciated. I'm very concerned. Thank you for your time and support in advance.
Old 11-23-2001, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Well-breasted?
Old 11-23-2001, 01:49 PM
Racer

Excuse the language, but I just wanted to paint the picture of how things went and how I fealt. I need help with this trani thing. I'm all about my car. I'm a consultant and need to be able to move about. Simply put, I'm very worried...
Old 11-23-2001, 07:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I think I speak for many members of this forum when I say, Welcome to the Broken Tranny Club.

I'm from Queens and my dealer told me that I'm looking at a 3 week wait time for a new tranny!! I'm a consultant also and I know what its like to need a car!! Make sure your dealer springs for a loaner or a rental.

Keep hope alive!!