Looking for recommendations in the NYC area please

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Looking for recommendations in the NYC area please

I am looking for some recommendations in the NYC area for stuff like car alarm installs, remote starter installs and other features that for alarm systems.

I don't want to take it to some smuck that will do a half-ass job and give me any more headaches. Need a place that is reliable and trustworthy. Want someone that will do a good job and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. You know, all the good stuff =)

I want to get an alarm installed and maybe add stuff like remote start and/or other features.

Ended up in the wrong section, don't know how that happened lol If someone could move it to the Off-Topic aka Rambling section. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bxscig
I am looking for some recommendations in the NYC area for stuff like car alarm installs, remote starter installs and other features that for alarm systems.

I don't want to take it to some smuck that will do a half-ass job and give me any more headaches. Need a place that is reliable and trustworthy. Want someone that will do a good job and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. You know, all the good stuff =)

I want to get an alarm installed and maybe add stuff like remote start and/or other features.

Ended up in the wrong section, don't know how that happened lol If someone could move it to the Off-Topic aka Rambling section. Thanks.

I got my stuff installed at Global Car Sterero..Bay Ridge Brooklyn... on 88th and 4th I think...it's right across from Bay Ridge Honda.. He does great work.. I had both my cars there. He does tint..GREAT JOB! also Car Alarms...I had him install the Clifford Concept 600 with the windows module and the proxy sensor...It works great.... Good Pricing too.. He does all the work himself. Plus he is the tint and alarm guy for Bay Ridge Honda and Volvo....
Old 04-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro

I got mine done at Speed World on queens blvd.

Ron from street effectz saw the install and said it's one of the cleanest installs he's ever seen.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Drifting

I'll give these guys a call, anyone else got some recommendations?
Old 04-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Bxscig
I'll give these guys a call, anyone else got some recommendations?
j & a on new dorp lane on staten island. 5 min from the vz
Old 04-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mstyle
I got my stuff installed at Global Car Sterero..Bay Ridge Brooklyn... on 88th and 4th I think...it's right across from Bay Ridge Honda.. He does great work.. I had both my cars there. He does tint..GREAT JOB! also Car Alarms...I had him install the Clifford Concept 600 with the windows module and the proxy sensor...It works great.... Good Pricing too.. He does all the work himself. Plus he is the tint and alarm guy for Bay Ridge Honda and Volvo....
Mstyle, did you see his tint jobs? is it good? I'm in Brooklyn as well and looking to get tint done soon.

Thanks
D.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mstyle
What if something goes wrong with the item in the future, can you go back to him to take care of it?
Old 04-22-2004, 02:27 PM
10th Gear

http://www.aidesign.com

or

http://www.4audiodesigns.com

Check out the links for contact info. You should be able to tell by the cars they work on, if they're good or not.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Drifting

Audio Designs? I think NYDESI80 had told me about them. They say they do good work but charge more than the rest.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:50 PM
10th Gear

Audio Designs does excellent work. They do charge more than other shops but like they say, quality stuff does not come cheap. When I was down there with my friend's RSX (new alarm installation), I saw two Porsche Turbos being dropped off for some audio work.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Banned

Yeah, I've been todl that Audio Designs work is prolly the best on Long Island. I use to work for Circuit Shitty and even the Road Shop(Car Audio) guys who do car alarms, would tell us, to take the cars to them, cuz their installation was 10 times cleaner and better. And yes I can vouch for the porches that Night Storm is talking about, cuz whenever I pass by, there is always high end cars there.

Plus, they are the only ones that have been able to figure out how to do the one touch open/close feature on our Sunroofs. They have fabricated a special circuit board to make it work and not go to the tilt position. For a long time, peopel have tried to use the DEI 529T module to do this, but failed cuz the sunroof would close when the button was pressed but then woudl go to the tilt position, and no one was able to figure out why. Well Audio Designs has figured it out.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Advanced

movin on auto in long island