lightbulb help pleaase

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 02:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lightbulb help pleaase

i've looked in all the messages, so pleeez don't refer me to a different message.

I want to change all my interior lights to hyper white. I don't even know how many total lights i have in the interior of my car. Can someone reply with a checklist of the model type (polarg) of the lights i need and the quantity to redo all the interior lights of my car (pleez if you can list what each light is used for)?

I recently ordered the new gauge from NATE. I want to change all the lights as well in the CD player area of my car (i don't like the green color). Does anyone know what type of bulbs, etc i need to change to an indiglo color? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2001, 04:48 AM
...and then there was One

It's also in the FAQ...

I replaced mine with PIAA Xtremes, except the dome.
I replaced the map lights with PIAA Xtreme wedges (H-222). They are great. SO much whiter. $13/pr.
The door lights are now PIAA SuperPlasma wedges (same size as maps). If I ever need to back up in the dark, I could use those instead of the reverse lights. Wow, so white and bright. $13/pr.
I put a SOEI (never heard of them until I got it at a local mod shop) purple light in the dome. It's almost like a black light. You can barely see it from outside the car, so it isn't too ricey. Make sure you get the right size; some people have gotten bulbs too short. I may end up getting footwell lighting with the same color. ~$8 for the dome.
Now I want to get the vanity lights changed to the PIAAs. All the lights are easy to exchange (SMALL flathead screwdriver, unless someone knows something better), so if you go to your mod shop, they should know what you need when you tell them what kind of car you have (if not, I would question their experience, and knowledge), or just remove them and take them in and show them. They should even let you put them in and see what they look like before buying them.
I also repalced my fogs (PIAA Platinum SuperWhite 9006), front corners (PIAA Xtreme)... Now, I want to get PIAA Xtremes in my reverse, license plate, and trunk.
If any more questions, check out the FAQ, they are great. I hope I helped.
Old 09-07-2001, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I don't believe you can change the lights for the CD player. Someone posted a while back about pulling the dash apart and realizing that they aren't really bulbs.

Sorry but search the forum...
Old 09-09-2001, 03:43 AM
Instructor

i don't get it. If i don't have the Navi system in my car, should i even bother replacing the "MAP" light?

What does the "MAP" light do and where is it located in the car?
Old 09-09-2001, 09:02 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by tlacura
i don't get it. If i don't have the Navi system in my car, should i even bother replacing the "MAP" light?

What does the "MAP" light do and where is it located in the car?
The "map" lights are on the ceiling by the sunglasses holder.

But I guess we would call those lights map lights if you didn't have the navi because you'd have to use a paper map. Perhaps those of us with the navi should call those lights something else since we wouldn't have to use a light to read a map.--hmmm?
Old 09-09-2001, 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes