Legend Caliper Question - Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts
Legend Caliper Question - Noise

Hey Guys,

It's been about 3 months since I overhauled my brakes and so far I love them. I haven't really had to step on them yet but they've been great. I still need to do the couple ABS stops from 45-0 and a final bleed but the pedal is firm enough - I don't know if it'll change the feel.

Anyway right when the wheel starts/stops moving I get a somewhat loud metallic vibration from the front brakes. I used caliper grease with brake quiet in it and lubed up the backs of pads and caliper pins. The TCS action is also much louder than it used to be.

I used the legend calipers + TL pins and brackets. Also the pad clips from the Legend calipers. I also kept the spring thing that fits into the top of the caliper which came with the Legend calipers as I wasn't sure what to do with it.

It's been over 1000 miles so the EBC 'brake in' coating on the pads should be gone. The sound is the same whether I'm stopping with cool or warm-hot rotors (i.e. after braking at 10% grade for 1 mile - haven't got them track HOT yet).

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-11-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Try to install them without the Legend caliper spring thingy.. You can use them without them as they don't anything in the TL Bracket, The Bracket in the legend calipers are truly floating that is why it needs that spring clip.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 74 Posts
x2

That caliper spring will make contact with the rotor on the TL and it will cause some noise as a result.