LED Light Kit Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 10:57 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LED Light Kit Install

Ne1 got a link or know how to install an underbody LED Light Kit on the TL?
Old 02-18-2005, 08:54 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by yunginTL
Ne1 got a link or know how to install an underbody LED Light Kit on the TL?
Depending on the size (thickness) of the tubes, try to mount them into the lip of your body kit, so as not to show the actual bulb. There are also mounts on the sides where you bolt the actual side skirts and stuff on you may want to use.

I ran my wires straight up through the engine bay along the side of the engine bay and wrapped it with electricla first than that those flexible plastic tubes.

The controls were run through the hole that I had in the firewall from previous installs.

Good luck
Old 02-18-2005, 09:21 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you're not sure about how to install it you might wanna take your car to a professional installer... you dont want to blow fuses and burn wires

but if you feel confident enough to do it i guess you can just mount them like Malayalee King said... make sure you isolate the wires correctly as they will be exposed to the elements... also make sure the tubes are mounted properly and try to make them not too prone to being hit by rocks and such....

justin
Old 02-18-2005, 10:29 AM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
if you're not sure about how to install it you might wanna take your car to a professional installer... you dont want to blow fuses and burn wires

but if you feel confident enough to do it i guess you can just mount them like Malayalee King said... make sure you isolate the wires correctly as they will be exposed to the elements... also make sure the tubes are mounted properly and try to make them not too prone to being hit by rocks and such....

justin
if i had like DYI write-up ro sum shit i no i can do it. I'm pretty confident in doin it seen it done b4 and shit. but if i cant after i take a look at my car how much u think pro would charge for that even tho this seems like a very easy mod to do.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its real easy to do, i did my boys civic in under a hour. it took me bout 2 to do mine cus i wanted to do it right but i hated that mod, i broke the front tube like 4 tims before i ripped the bitch out.

as far as wiring, i doubt you will find a DIY, all i can say is make sure your wires dont come in contact with any moving parts or areas where they will overheat. do as the M.King says, wrap them in electrical tape first