Leather Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 03:18 PM

Question Leather Treatment

A friend mentioned I should put leather treatment on the seats - does anyone know what is good or if this is necessary?
Old 03-27-2001, 03:31 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not necessary, but a REALLY good idea...

I believe most people will agree here that Lexol makes the best conditioner for our leather. I do it about every 2 months.

It's recommended to prevent cracking and discoloration in the seats. If you don't want this to happen to your leather, definitely treat it.

------------------
Jason
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank>

</A>
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver / Ebony Interior
Comptech Headers & Exhaust
Comptech Springs & Sways
Comptech Air Filter
Factory Spoiler & CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
35% Tint, Tinted Rear Plate Cover
Removed Acura & 3.2TL Badging From Trunk
Removed Front Plate Holder
Old 03-27-2001, 03:35 PM

Smile

Lexol - Thanks for the tip - is that available at all automotive places - I don't think I've seen it before.
Old 03-27-2001, 03:36 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by boe_d:
Lexol - Thanks for the tip - is that available at all automotive places - I don't think I've seen it before.
I've been able to get it at Pep Boys

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 03-27-2001, 03:42 PM
Daddy

I've always had to order my Lexol over the web since I don't have a Pep Boys in my area.

------------------
'00 Firepepper Red TL
Old 03-27-2001, 04:15 PM
Safety Car

I had to go to 2 different auto parts to find Lexol. My Acura dealer sells it but the auto parts were closer.

Previously (about 4 times over about 5 months) I have used Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner. Lexol is way better than that stuff!

I would say its a neccesity to clean your leather. Especially the drivers seat, since it gets used so much it gets REALLY dirty. You'll be surprised how much dirt you find when you Lexol your seats!

------------------
2001 Silver TL, non-navi, Inspire tails & wood steering wheel, 2 burlwood dash kits & shift knob, TL-S passenger vent trim, Alumapro BP-10 & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), factory spoiler & body kit, AEM short ram intake, blue alarm LEDs, Mugen grill, Comptech sways, springs & exhaust, SuperCrystal lugs, black chrome emblems.

On order: 19" Alstadt IVs, 225/35ZR19 Nitto 555s, Apex'i V-AFC, Solaris 9005, Fuji digi-cam.

Nate's ride
------------------
"Every man dies, not every man lives."
Old 03-27-2001, 04:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Nate, which Mequiars did you use? I was going to use their Medallion series, but if the Lexol is better then I'll take it back.
Old 03-27-2001, 04:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Make sure you apply Lexol and let it sit for a few hours (preferably overnight) before getting into your car.

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 04:44 PM
Safety Car

VTEC, I used the gold class... I like the Lexol a lot more. The leather guy that did my steerig wheel said he preffered Lexol over Meguiars... said Meguiars leaves a coating, sort of like a clear coat you can't get off. While Lexol is more like a wax, you can get it off. Go ahead and try both, bet ya that you like Lexol better.

I got the Lexol cleaner and Lexol conditioner, they were $9 each.
Old 03-27-2001, 05:26 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the Pinnacle brand cleaner and for me it works great. Have not tried Lexol but have heard that is good as well.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver TL
- Factory Rear Wing
- Factory Body Kit
- Factory Wood Kit
- Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-27-2001, 06:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Nate:
VTEC, I used the gold class... I like the Lexol a lot more. The leather guy that did my steerig wheel said he preffered Lexol over Meguiars... said Meguiars leaves a coating, sort of like a clear coat you can't get off. While Lexol is more like a wax, you can get it off. Go ahead and try both, bet ya that you like Lexol better.

The Meguiars is a cleaner and conditioner in one. It was $15. It has UV protection in it, and I don't think the Lexol does, that's why I went that route. I know that the Medallion is a higher end than the Gold Class. I'm just afraid to use it and be stuck with something on the car for a while. I'm going to try a little on a somewhat hidden area on the car and see how it turns out. If I like it, then I'll keep with it, otherwise I'll try the Lexol. Incidently the dealership carries both those items, and I feel confident about both. I just wish the Lexol page said that the conditioner had a UV protectant.
Old 03-27-2001, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Nate:

BTW, the Meguiars Medallion said something about NOT leaving a film, so we'll see....
Old 03-27-2001, 09:20 PM
Instructor

LEXOL! LEXOL! LEXOL!
Old 03-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Zaino baby: http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm

Z-10 "LEATHER IN A BOTTLE" TREATMENT AND CONDITIONER

Two years in the making and already rated number one in the industry. Z-10 Leather in a Bottle™ Treatment and Conditioner contains a perfectly balanced, solvent-free blend of special oils and other natural nutritives, which penetrates, softens and preserves the leather. We also added Ultra-Gard™ our total UV protector (40) and our exclusive real leather oil concentrate. This feeds and enhances the leather scent, to give your vehicle that great new leather smell. Just wipe on and let dry, no buffing is necessary. It leaves a non-oily, non-greasy, non-sticky, stain repelling, natural luster and restores the warm supple, soft feel, and smell of fine leather. Does a great job on vinyl interiors and dashboards too. One whiff and you will agree its Leather in a Bottle™. This product has no equal in the world.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver Metallic 3.2 TL w/o Navigation
  • 18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  • Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers
  • Red AEM CAI w/bypass valve
  • A'PEXi Digital VTEC AFC
  • Mugen Grill
  • Inspire Tail Lights
  • Factory Underbody Kit and Spoiler
  • Clifford Intelliguard 9000 Alarm w/SmartWindows II
  • Alpine 6 disk CD Changer
  • BEL 945i Cordless Radar Detector