At last! A new member to the TL Type-S community!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking At last! A new member to the TL Type-S community!

WOOHOO! Closed the deal today! Unfortunately I can't pick up the vehicle today as they are doing the inspection on Monday. But on Tuesday....
Old 01-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Banned

Congrats man!!! What color did you go with... any plans for mods?
Old 01-13-2002, 06:57 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats...someone i know wishes to be in the same spot as you! he will though...

yeah, what color?
Old 01-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks It's silver exterior with black interior.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:06 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Originally posted by fortunate
Good choice and good luck!
Old 01-13-2002, 08:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

I do plan to mod it...but that won't be for awhile. Won't modifying the car in anyway cause the warranty to expire? If so, then I won't be modifying it for another 7 years, as that's the extended warranty I got . On the other hand, if moding it won't hurt the warranty I'll be up late doing some research for the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:29 PM
Banned

mod away my friend... cuz it wont hurt your warrenty...there is a law that says that they have to prove that the aftermarket mod was the reason for the problem.

Also its kinda funny that you said that. I installed a shock sensor and hard wired my valentine one radar to the electrical system...Also i have new speakers subs and crap installed if that mtters well anyways for some reason the area where the milage,temp, doors open area, well the whole section light went out. I was scared that they dealer would say that it was my fault. So i took it in and they looked at it, and said what are all these wires and i told them (im shaking at this point thinking they would blame me) well i love my dealer and they said this kind of thing shouldnt happen to a new car, and they will replace it. So they ordered a new board for the circuit and it works now. Well the point is, they did keep my warrenty vaild.

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Old 01-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hmmmmm...even then, would it be better to have the dealership or a certified Acura shop install the mod? Or does it even matter? Also, does anyone have that statute or declaration about having to prove the mod was the reason for the damage? Thanks for the help Crzy .
Old 01-13-2002, 10:38 PM
Instructor

I do plan to mod it...but that won't be for awhile. Won't modifying the car in anyway cause the warranty to expire? If so, then I won't be modifying it for another 7 years, as that's the extended warranty I got . On the other hand, if moding it won't hurt the warranty I'll be up late doing some research for the next couple of weeks.
Next couple of weeks my ass! I told myself the same thing the first time I discovered this site! Now I can't get off of it!

You might want to save yourself, and some money now - Cancel your Acura order and get yourself a low profile vehicle like the IS300! LOL Just kidding and Congrats.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:10 PM

did you get a good deal on it? Did you get NAVI? I'm shopping for one right now, just wondering.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

I got a decent deal on it, considering I live in the Bay Area, but I didn't get the Nav system. I really wanted the system, but it's a luxury I can't afford right now...despite the fact that I got a luxury vehicle . A couple of my friends are going to Montana or some other Mid-West state to get theirs, something about low taxes and insurance on vehicles in those states.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Hmm... even then, would it be better to have the dealership or a certified Acura shop install the mod? Or does it even matter?
Hey, Fortunate,

That's what I do. I buy the stuff from this site and take it to my local dealer (Niello Acura) for installation. It ain't cheap but if something goes wrong there's no room for them to complain -- 'cause they installed it! Most of the mods in my signature have been installed that way.

By the way, congratulations on your new purchase! Maybe I'll see you at one of the Bay Area meets!

Vincent
Old 01-14-2002, 09:06 AM
Racer

Originally posted by vperkins2

That's what I do. I buy the stuff from this site and take it to my local dealer (Niello Acura) for installation...
By the way, congratulations on your new purchase! Maybe I'll see you at one of the Bay Area meets!

Vincent
Congrats Fortunate!

Hey vperkins2, u got any pics of the steering wheel?? I am considering purchasing this mod..
Old 01-14-2002, 12:19 PM
tea elle

Wink

this guy's got good taste. he'll never regret the light color choice....the weather is $hitty in L.A. lately and I haven't washed my car in three weeks, but it still looks beautiful. I could never say that with my black and dark green cars.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Pro

Smile

The very best of luck and welcome!!!

"A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system."

Jean Cocteau (1889–1963)
Old 01-15-2002, 09:18 AM
Pro

Originally posted by tea elle

this guy's got good taste. he'll never regret the light color choice....the weather is $hitty in L.A. lately and I haven't washed my car in three weeks, but it still looks beautiful. I could never say that with my black and dark green cars.
well said, SS with black interior w/out navigation was a very intelligent move
Good thing I'm going in for service tomorrow where they do a free hand car wash, b/c my satin silver is begining to look like charcoal gray.