Laguna Green Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 10:21 PM

Question Laguna Green Discontinued?

I stopped into my friendly Acura dealer in Phoenix, AZ, this evening wanting to take a close look at the Laguna Green TL. They had none available and, furthermore, I was told that Acura is discontinuing the color.
Has anyone else heard this?
Old 02-22-2001, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by HOTINAZ:
I stopped into my friendly Acura dealer in Phoenix, AZ, this evening wanting to take a close look at the Laguna Green TL. They had none available and, furthermore, I was told that Acura is discontinuing the color.
Has anyone else heard this?
I wouldn't be surprise since all the TL that seen so far on the road are either Silver, black, white or that ugly Naples Gold color.

------------------
  • 2000 Acura 3.2TL w/Navi
  • Satin Silver w/Ebony Interior
  • Factory Underbody Kit
  • Factory Spoiler
  • Mahogony Shifter
Old 02-22-2001, 10:48 PM

Don't forget that gorgeous blue color.

(I have the Silver, i really don't feel like washing my car twice a week.)
Old 02-23-2001, 12:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't be dissin naples gold...it's such a pimp color...

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 02-23-2001, 12:27 AM
Pro

i like the green...but they are right, not many people opt for the green...it was kind of a trend color...

------------------
1996 2.5 TL Dark Green
HKS Powerflow, HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator, Sebring Exhaust, Jacobs Pro Street, Apex-i AFC, Jet ECU, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis Metal Master Pads, PIAA 1100x, Clarion 9255, Tube Driver Amps, Boston Pro 10's (2) , CD Technologies 6-4-2, Clarion MVA6491 (3), Valentine 1, Cliford Avant Guard 4, Monster Capacitors (2), Jacobs Accuvolt, Trunk, Underdash and Underbody Neons
No nav yet but soon!!!
Old 02-23-2001, 12:28 AM
Pro

oh yeah i forgot geniuses (i hope i spelled it right) pick green...
Old 02-23-2001, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by merlyn:
don't be dissin naples gold...it's such a pimp color...
I'm sorry if I offended those Pimping Naples Gold color TL.
Old 02-23-2001, 12:34 AM
Drifting

It doesn't even look green. It looks more of a dark silver. I think it is very nice, especially with the right rims and 5% tint.(Currently, bobatimez TL is my wallpaper at work.) However, I was never too thrilled about the fact that only fern interior was available with it. Ebony interior would be good with it considering the car looks dark silver. Just my opinion though.
Old 02-23-2001, 01:02 AM

Got mine. Fern interior matches perfectly IMO.

------------------
2001 Laguna Navi (no regrets or TL-S envy)
OEM Spoiler
Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 02-23-2001, 01:57 AM
Burning Brakes

I hate that it's called GREEN, but the metallic in it is very sweet. they are discontinuing it for the Anthacite metallic which i thought would be sweet, but kinda looks faded. I don't see many Lagunas and glad I have one. Besides, the only other car tht has something similar is the LS430 and the avalon (nasty looking cars, by the by)

------------------
Some Said, "TL Type S," Soon They Will Say, "Wannabe TL-S." Navi, Side Cuts, Tint All Around, Interior Footwell Lighting, Eibach ProKit, PIAA 1700x Fogs custom cut into side holes, Inspire Tails, 17" Type-S Rims with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's, Visor, Wood Shifter, Comptech Sways making me ride on rails...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...026&Auth=false
Old 02-23-2001, 04:09 AM
Intermediate

Smile

I don't know how much green there is in the Laguna but no one that's looked at ours can see any.
This is a classy color (for this oldtimer) and we love the gray interior. Maybe because it matches our hair.

If the color is really discontinued, just makes ours that much less common.

Ride On!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Old timer on February 23, 2001 @ ]</font>

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Old timer on February 23, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 02-23-2001, 06:10 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by haha98:
oh yeah i forgot geniuses (i hope i spelled it right) pick green...
LOL
Old 02-23-2001, 06:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bobatimez:
I hate that it's called GREEN, but the metallic in it is very sweet. they are discontinuing it for the Anthacite metallic which i thought would be sweet, but kinda looks faded. I don't see many Lagunas and glad I have one. Besides, the only other car tht has something similar is the LS430 and the avalon (nasty looking cars, by the by)

Yeah...Boba, thats what it reminded me of. Isn't it cool that only a couple of us will have this color. We were looking at heathermist, but they discontinued that before we bought. I love Laguana and wouldn't trade it for the world!

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 02-23-2001, 07:40 AM
Pro

WHile driving within 5 miles of my house yesterday, I saw two other TL's (that's it) and both were Laguna Green!! ARRRGGHH!! Boy am I glad I have the grille, and the body kit is going on in a month or so. They were both driven by old ladies. *SIGH*

------------------
'99TL Laguna Green
Burlwood shift knob,full woodgrain kit w/ custom glove box
Custom grill
Factory Body kit (sitting in garage)
Factory Spoiler (for sale)
rims coming in summer
Old 02-23-2001, 07:49 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Yeah the Lagunas are very rare... when I got mine in August 2000 I searched for it in 7 dealerships and only one had it, a single Laguna for NY/NJ, and they had whole slew of silver. the only other color that was rare and hot when I was buying my car was WDP...
...but they are replacing the Laguna with Antricite which is nice also...

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-23-2001, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

where the hell is Dave2000????????

------------------

'99 Acura 3.2TL Satin Silver
Old 02-23-2001, 08:34 AM
Racer

Cool

[QUOTE]Originally posted by grishulia:
[B]Yeah the Lagunas are very rare... when I got mine in August 2000 I searched for it in 7 dealerships and only one had it, a single Laguna for NY/NJ, and they had whole slew of silver. the only other color that was rare and hot when I was buying my car was WDP...

Someone mentioned WDP? I got one of these

------------------
2000 TL Pearl White w\o nav
1991 Volvo 940 Turbo Traded

"Just Shut Up and Enjoy the Ride"
Old 02-23-2001, 10:07 AM

Do you know the Anthricite color can be seen? Is it coming on the Type S or the standard TL?

Originally posted by grishulia:
Yeah the Lagunas are very rare... when I got mine in August 2000 I searched for it in 7 dealerships and only one had it, a single Laguna for NY/NJ, and they had whole slew of silver. the only other color that was rare and hot when I was buying my car was WDP...
Old 02-23-2001, 10:09 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

I don't think there will be any colors limited to TL-S only... but go check the TL-S board...

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-23-2001, 01:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The only reason that I bought TL was the color. I love that laguna green. But as stated before, I have the interior color. It would be nice to have the oak(hope this is the correct name) interior in the car.
Old 02-23-2001, 03:40 PM
Pro

Originally posted by TLcraze:
I wouldn't be surprise since all the TL that seen so far on the road are either Silver, black, white or that ugly Naples Gold color.

Whoa there bud !!! Naples Gold ugly ?!!!

This was my first choice of color and I had to wait a bit to get the car in this color.....my second choice was silver but they were too common...black looks great when clean but develops an "old" look with time...

------------------
2000 Naples Gold 3.2TL/Navi - Factory Stock but with up-graded tires
Old 02-23-2001, 03:49 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by haha98:
i like the green...but they are right, not many people opt for the green...it was kind of a trend color...

Anyone remember a few years back when that gold color was everywhere as well?? I know green certainly was, my mother go a green Camary, and a whole bunch of other folks got green cars too..

The Laguna green on the TL is tight! I think it matches the car very nicely. There is another owner of a TL in my Apts, and it seems to change colors during certian lighting..

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 02-23-2001, 03:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
How can they say that? When I got my TL, I wanted Laguna Green, but they said I would have to wait 2 months for it due to backorder, whereas my silver, I had to wait 10 days! BS!
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 02-23-2001, 07:03 PM

Cool

I just returned from the Acura dealer. I put a deposit on a 2001 TL (non-S), Pearl White. I would have gone for the Anthracite, except it would mean the black interior and I live in Arizona. I hope I'm happy with the Pearl.
What's the consensus on Pearl?

The car already has a dealer stock number and is due in 8 to 10 days.

Only two interior colors in the 2002s, Parchment and Ebony.

Laguna Green replaced with Anthracite (Ebony interior). No more white/white, only pearl white. The S-Type does not have the full choice of exterior colors. As far as I can remember, Pearl, Black, Red, Blue and one other.
Old 02-23-2001, 11:07 PM

Talking

Wow, now I feel even better about my Laguna TL I recently bought! I really do like the color, and it very rarely looks like it has any green in it at all, inside or out, unless the light is just right.

Like many people commented above, it really looks kind of grey, and it seems to remind a lot of people who've seen it of that metallic grey BMW uses.

Of course, the day I bought it, the wife of a guy I work with saw me standing by it on the lot. When her husband told her I bought a car, she asked, "Oh, was it that green one he was standing next to?" So far she's the only one that sees it as green, and when I told her that, she just insisted men are colorblind!
Old 02-24-2001, 10:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
HotinAZ:
You'll be very happy with WDP, especially in a hot climate. I get comments all the time from people admiring it.
Old 02-24-2001, 06:26 PM

Thumbs up

I think the Laguna Green Metallic is really sharp on the TL. I agree that the 'green' is a misnomer - it looks more like a ‘Gunmetal Gray’ to me. Also, it shows hues of blue depending on the light. But green - I can't see it! As for the ‘Fern’ interior, it is slate gray as far as I can tell. All things considered, I think that these two colors complement each other very nicely.

When I bought the TL, it was the color that finally pushed me over the edge (I originally wanted the Monterey Blue Pearl w/Parchment interior – but I was told they were very rare). The salesman told me that Laguna Green TL’s were also hard to find, but at the time I thought it was just more “sales hype”.

I see too many Silver, White, and Naples gold TL’s. I have had my Laguna Green TL for about four months now, and I think I’ve only seen one or two others. Now that the color is being discontinued, that’s even better. It makes the few Laguna Green TL’s that are out there very unique, in my opinion.

Regards,

Greg S

2001 Laguna Green TL w/Navigation
17 x 7 Mille Miglia Action Sport (Satin) Wheels
Bridgestone RE730Z 205/50/17 Tires
PIAA 1700x Fogs w/PIAA switch
Factory CD Changer
Factory Spoiler
Wood Trim Kit
Burlwood Shift Knob
Full Front-End Cover
Mud Guards and Door/Fender Well Trim
Old 02-24-2001, 06:29 PM

Naples Gold rocks!

Originally posted by hunter001:
Whoa there bud !!! Naples Gold ugly ?!!!

This was my first choice of color and I had to wait a bit to get the car in this color.....my second choice was silver but they were too common...black looks great when clean but develops an "old" look with time...

Old 02-25-2001, 05:43 PM
Advanced

I had a black on black Prelude for 9 years and swore my next car wouldn't have a black interior. The black on black TL looked great but, true to my promise, I passed it up. The only choice was Naples Gold/Parchment or Laguna Metallic/Fern (the Canadian TL isn't offered in the same range of choices as the US TL). Naples Gold didn't do anything for me. IMHO, Laguna suited the TL's "personality" and looked classy. The Fern interior was conservative and, well, classy. Clearly its not the colour combination to choose if you want the car to look 'hot'.
Too bad they'll be discontinuing Laguna.

------------------
The Big Laguna
Old 02-25-2001, 07:48 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by TheBigLaguna:
.. Laguna suited the TL's "personality" and looked classy. The Fern interior was conservative and, well, classy. Clearly its not the colour combination to choose if you want the car to look 'hot'.
Too bad they'll be discontinuing Laguna.

[/B]
I couldn't have said it better, Big Laguna!

------------------
2000 3.2 TL Laguna Green
29% window tint, Clear bra, no nav
225/50/16 Aqua-Flow GTW's on OEM wheels
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lrpba300?...l=fld3&.src=ph