Lady almost hit me today on the hwy, but VTEC saved my a$$!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 02:42 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lady almost hit me today on the hwy, but VTEC saved my a$$!

Damn BayArea people don't know how to drive dammit!!

Heading up to Best Buy to get a new thing for my phone during lunchtime.. crusing up 101 just passing the Embarcadaro exit.. next to this big ass van on the right and this Crysler on the left..

I was just a bit ahead of the van and was gonna get into his lane to pass the car in front of me..
And at the very exact moment my trunk was aligned with the front of the van, the lady in the car to my left just decides to get into my lane as if I was invisible!! WTF??

I couldn't swearve to my right cuz the van was there, and if I braked she would have hit my driver's side rear door..

So what did I do? I slammed on the gas(I dunno if this was the right thing to do, but that is how I reacted), and moved slightly to my left, and barely cutting of the van but at the same time the car took off foward just escaping the lady in the crysler to my left!! I could hear the engine roaring..

After I got stable, I went up next to the lady and started to give her dirty looks and did a hostile gesture.. and honked at her.. she just tried to ignore me but I wanted to make sure she saw me..

Then what does she do?? Speeds up and tries to get in front of me.. WTF?? This biotch is asking for it.. of course I stay even with her so she tries to go into the left lane, this time cutting off another car.. what a dumbass!! how do people get a license these days!?!?!

When I got to Best Buy, my adreneline was still flowing, I wanted to kick someone's ass! I guess I was being a bit rude to the security gaurd when he asked me why I was bringing my phone in the store.. my bad..
Old 07-17-2001, 03:51 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks I needed that. I was going to get a candy bar for an adrenaline boost but this did the trick!!
Old 07-17-2001, 05:25 PM
Pro

I know how it feels. The worst thing is they think they didn't do anything wrong. I got forced out of the road on a freeway ramp because she sped up from behind (I was ahead of her) when it's merging. So she cut me off, and I horned her all the way for almost 2 minutes. She played dumb by turning her face the other way. She knew what she did. You just don't speed up from behind and force someone else off the road. If I had a rusty 10-year old garbage, I would let her hit all she wanted. Then let's see who is wrong in court.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:30 PM
Racer

not to sound SEXIST, but i do get nervous when i see women driver ahead, behind or beside me. had almost the same incident with 2 different women driver's, make that 3 actually. i think they don't look (physically turn their head) to the lane that they are changing to..............
Old 07-18-2001, 01:08 AM
Racer

I was down in LA this past weekend... and I was driving around San Gabriel/Alhambra areas for a wedding banquet... and all I have to say is scary... Freshly imported men/women drivers from Asia where there are no driving rules... in Accords/Camrys and Civics... who don't know the difference between driving and playing Gran Turismo.

Bay Area drivers are even worse... Or just straight up stupid... They just don't know how to drive... They are too busy tree hugging to notice that ahh... sh*t I'm about to run into someone and there's someone behind me or in my blindspot... Or I love that tree doh! I'm about to run into it..

I think I need those new brakes to stop quickly if need be... MetalMaster baby...

And oh those new header definitely help... for my aging 99 tl.

Oh well... at least it has gotten a little better up here (bayarea) INS and dotbombs deported a bunch of the "imports" and I'm not talking about the cars.. :p

Oh well...

I280 is you friend... wide and open... and where the good drivers can really go fast...
Old 07-18-2001, 12:13 PM
Pro

Eric:

Do you feel any difference in low end? What about underhood temp? It must be hotter now. Watch out on I280, I saw some cycle (robo) cop hidding in the bushes before.