KONI vs TOKICO

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 12:02 PM
Ain't No Other...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any aftermarket shocks will be stiffer than the stock shocks, thus making the car perform better yet, ride becoming harsher, I have heard Koni's are better quality wise, but Tokico's are very good also, some who have installed Koni's with their Comptech springs have actually said it is too stiff, so they have taken the shocks out and kept the stocks on...Comptech and stock shocks should be just fine...
Old 06-25-2001, 04:58 PM
Pro

I was considering the Tokico's at one point, and called them to ask the difference between the 5-way adjustables and the non-adjustables. The rep told me that the adjustables range from 5 (stock sensitivity) to 1 (extra firm). The nonadjustables would be the equivalent of a 4 setting, and advised me that if I was using them for every day driving, the nonadjustables would be good enough since any higher would be very firm and uncomfortable. I decided to remain stock for a while, and am glad I did. The ride with CT springs and sways and stock shocks is fine. But if I ever buy aftermarket shocks, I'll probably go for the Tokico nonadjustables.
Old 06-25-2001, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Question KONI vs TOKICO

I'm getting 18" rims with 225/40/18 tires, Comptech springs and sways. I know that the ride will be harsher than stock, but if I change my stock shocks with adjustable ones (K or T), will my ride be smoother? If so, KONI or TOKICO adjustables?
Old 06-30-2001, 10:29 PM
do it yourself, !

If you are going for adjustables, Koni's are the way to go. But with comptech springs, I hear they do not strain your shocks enough to break them. I'm running Eibachs on the stock shocks and if they every do break, Yellows all the way!

-j
Old 07-02-2001, 09:30 AM
Pro

Re: KONI vs TOKICO

Originally posted by MVMD
I'm getting 18" rims with 225/40/18 tires, Comptech springs and sways. I know that the ride will be harsher than stock, but if I change my stock shocks with adjustable ones (K or T), will my ride be smoother? If so, KONI or TOKICO adjustables?
That is the same set up I have. I stayed with the stock shocks, and the ride is a little harsher than stock, but still comfortable. If you go with adjustables, your ride will be harsher than with stock shocks. Try the stock shocks for a while before deciding whether to buy the adjustables.