Just one more question on the audio please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:06 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just one more question on the audio please...

Just a few quetions for the wise old sages... I have heard so many conflicting stories on this site and others in regards to the Bose stereo that comes with this car. I have heard you can and can not use the stock sub location with a new sub. I have heard various stories about being able to put a tweeter at the bas of the A pillar. Using different amplification with stock speakers.... any suggestions... oh one last quetion, can I swap out my '01 stereo with an '03? I am hoping the '03 will play MP3's and WAV files they way my VW's do... Thanks.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:36 AM
TLStar

1. CAN use current stock sub location WITH some modifying. IMO, u shouldn't, enclosed boxes are the way to go if ur spending money.
2. CAN put tweeter on base of A-pillar WITH some modifying.
3. CAN use different amps with stock speakers BUT needs to have a harness created. IMO, not worth using the stock sub if your modifying your system.

not sure about the radio though! If I'm incorrect someone please correct me, I'm referring to previous threads and experience.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:42 PM
10th Gear

Thanks Faizalstar.... I appreciate the info. So far the Bose system is just not cutting it. I came from an '03 Jetta and the Monsoon system though ok by after market standards, would eat the Bose system in it's sleep..... So I am looking to get a modest system for a modest budget. I don't need a competition system like I did when I was a young man. Just some fun for cruising. Life changes when you start having kids.... Thanks agin.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:41 AM
TLStar

no prob. i just modified my system. i didn't want to change the head unit since the alarm is built into the radio like all other Hondas/Acuras so what i did was:

1. installed a Sony Xplod amp under passenger seat.
2. installed 12" Sony Xplod in Q-Logic enclosed box (can be ported also) but sealed produces much better and tighter bass.
3. installed Sony MP3 CD changer since our radios are not compatible with all CD-R's and have yet to find one that is compatible with the stock Bose radio.
4. looking to change the interior speakers as well along with my tweeters from my Civic that were in the wall covering the side mirrors. only thing is I need another amp for the interior speakers since the Sony amp that i have is mono.

Aside from that, the sound is great but the bass drowns out the interior speakers even at the lowest level. Also, i'm getting feedback that is on throughout the duration of the radio being on and a loud 4 second feedback once the radio is turned off. My installers who are very good said it is because of the HU and it needs to be changed or they have to go into the radio and put a circuit board in it to get rid of the sound since the 5 filters that they tried did nothing to reduce it.
Not sure what i'll do yet but for now I'll live with it and disconnect the box when my son is in the car, still get decent bass with the stock sub and i'm still able to play my cd's and mp3's.

just in case u needed some ideas.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:44 AM
10th Gear

Many thanks