Just installed strut and sway

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Just installed strut and sway

spent around 2 hours putting in my neuspeed strut bar and front comptech sway. first the neuspeed didn't fit, so had to relase the third bolt, and then jack up the car from one side so that the front would bend, and it took a lot of force to squeeze that thing in. but finally did get it in.
the comptech sways took a while too, and so didn't have time to install the back one yet. i only had a small floor jack to work with, and it didnt lift the car much.
an advice for people working with just floor jacks, it might be easier to take out the wheel, and work on the sway bar from there. thats wut i did, and i thought it was much easier than sliding under the car where i barely had enough room to move my arms.
well i'll b installing my rear bar today, and i also changed all my interior lights to Polarg M4's. i didnt change the dome light yet, cuz i couldnt find a nice one to match the M4's. anyone have any suggestions on wut to get for my dome?
Old 06-17-2002, 01:38 AM
Drifting

Re: Just installed strut and sway

Originally posted by WiLz
spent around 2 hours putting in my neuspeed strut bar and front comptech sway. first the neuspeed didn't fit, so had to relase the third bolt, and then jack up the car from one side so that the front would bend, and it took a lot of force to squeeze that thing in. but finally did get it in.
the comptech sways took a while too, and so didn't have time to install the back one yet. i only had a small floor jack to work with, and it didnt lift the car much.
an advice for people working with just floor jacks, it might be easier to take out the wheel, and work on the sway bar from there. thats wut i did, and i thought it was much easier than sliding under the car where i barely had enough room to move my arms.
well i'll b installing my rear bar today, and i also changed all my interior lights to Polarg M4's. i didnt change the dome light yet, cuz i couldnt find a nice one to match the M4's. anyone have any suggestions on wut to get for my dome?
I always thought the neuspeed fit on perfectly. Hrmm... Any chance you have pics of your car...I wanna see how it looks like. Email or post them. How do you like the performance of the strut and sways? Noticeable difference? I am planning to do the same setup as you also, just trying to decide if it's worth it.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:15 AM
Burning Brakes

aiight, jus finished installin the rear sway bar today. took like an hour. however, i forgot to put the teflon tape on the bar...does anyone know if the tape is important? and whether i should go through the trouble of reinstalling it to wrap on the tape??

performance wise, i feel there is a noticable difference. but i dunno if its the struts or the sways cuz i put them on at the same time. i dunno if the improvment was worth the price thou, $400+?i'd say the springs were a better investment. but i guess since you already have the springs, the next thing for handling improvments would be the strut and sways...
Old 06-17-2002, 05:48 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The tape is to help prevent squeaking from the rear sway bar. It does work! I just applied more tape on mine and the squeak went away. If you end up using tape, I'd recommend not using any grease.
Old 06-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally posted by PlanoTLS
The tape is to help prevent squeaking from the rear sway bar. It does work! I just applied more tape on mine and the squeak went away. If you end up using tape, I'd recommend not using any grease.
Interesting. When had mine done we put the teflon tape on the bolts, not on the bar itself. However, I did apply the included grease onto the bar and I didn't have any squeaks.

The Sways alone works great but in addition with the upper strut it gives you a tighter feel.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by thephantom

Interesting. When had mine done we put the teflon tape on the bolts, not on the bar itself. However, I did apply the included grease onto the bar and I didn't have any squeaks.

The Sways alone works great but in addition with the upper strut it gives you a tighter feel.
hm...i don't think mine came with grease...
Old 06-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Instructor

has anyone done the sways.. then the struts later to see if theres much of a difference???

The sways make a pretty big difference but I'm wondering if its even worth it for the strut tower braces.