Just bought mine!!! TLS silver w/ navi, spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 04:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just bought mine!!! TLS silver w/ navi, spoiler

Hello all,

I finally bought my car but I would have say it was a horrible experience. No matter what, do not buy from Steven's Creek Acura in San Jose. I signed the papers and went to pick up the car but it had scatches on the front and rear bumper. They told me to take the car off the lot anyway and they would fix it later and I said, "no way....i want a different car with no scratches" and they said "it's not that bad, we can have someone buff it off you and you won't know the difference" after some consideration, i said "okay, if you can buff it off then I will still take delivery" and they said "drive it off the lot, bring it back in a couple of days and we can fix it then" to make this long story short, we went back and forth like this for 30 minutes until I finally cancelled the order and the sales guy gets all pissed off, grabs the manual out of my hands and curses (i assume) at me in a different language. So I ended up buying it a couple of days later at a different dealership (Harry Pramono at Mike Harvey Acura in Burlingame, CA). If you are buying a car in the Bay Area, buy from Harry.

The only other good experience I have had at Acura is working with John Nguyen at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa. I was in LA last weekend and he was very professional, gave me a very good price, and worked hard in finding my car. Unfortunately, they did not have the color I wanted. Anyone going to buy a car in LA, call John first and he can help you. Either that or go buy a lexus cause acura service in general is horrible (I probably worked with 8 dealers already to buy this car) Also, John will give you the best price in LA.

Good luck if you still want an Acura. But nothing beats Lexus service.
Old 05-31-2001, 06:06 PM
Pro

Cool

"Good things come to him (her) who waits.".

Best of luck with your new car!!!
Old 05-31-2001, 07:25 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BAHAHAHA!.....I told you Stevens Creek was the worst! They could care less about customer service because they have a kick ass location and thing thats enough to make up for the loss.

------------------
2002 3.2 TL Type S with Navigation
Exterior: Aegean Blue Pearl
At 3% over invoice, who can complain?
Old 05-31-2001, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by kclai:
Hello all,

...No matter what, do not buy from Steven's Creek Acura in San Jose.....
Who did you deal with at Stevens Creek? I've been negotiating with Sunnyvale, and though they started out pretty cool, they started jerking me around on price. I called Stevens Creek and talked to the general manager, Adrian. He was really straightforward with me, didn't jerk me around, and met my price. Dave Treadway ended up doing the paperwork for me -- no hassles.

I've only got a deposit down until mine comes in. Guess I better keep my eyes peeled.

Old 05-31-2001, 08:38 PM
Pro

congraxzzzz
Old 05-31-2001, 09:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by bbjones:
Who did you deal with at Stevens Creek? I've been negotiating with Sunnyvale, and though they started out pretty cool, they started jerking me around on price. I called Stevens Creek and talked to the general manager, Adrian. He was really straightforward with me, didn't jerk me around, and met my price. Dave Treadway ended up doing the paperwork for me -- no hassles.

I've only got a deposit down until mine comes in. Guess I better keep my eyes peeled.

I worked with David D. (i think there's only one david there) I guess you got lucky. I just could not believe how I was treated. When I buy a new car, I expect a new car. You better look over your car carefully. Steven's creek has so many cars packed together 50% of the cars have dings on them. There was 3 Aeglean blues there that I was looking at before I decided on Silver and one had a ding on the driver door with paint chipping off, one was the two scratched bumpers (the one I signed for but refused shipment) and one had a hood with a shade off-color spot the size of a tennis ball (can only be seen in sunlight)....so if you pick up your car, you better check everything during daylight hours! Goodluck.
Old 06-01-2001, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Cool

I just picked mine up. Looks great. Dave Treadway was very straightforward with me. Can't wait for the weekend!!

I worked with David D. (i think there's only one david there) I guess you got lucky. I just could not believe how I was treated. When I buy a new car, I expect a new car. You better look over your car carefully. Steven's creek has so many cars packed together 50% of the cars have dings on them. There was 3 Aeglean blues there that I was looking at before I decided on Silver and one had a ding on the driver door with paint chipping off, one was the two scratched bumpers (the one I signed for but refused shipment) and one had a hood with a shade off-color spot the size of a tennis ball (can only be seen in sunlight)....so if you pick up your car, you better check everything during daylight hours! Goodluck.
Old 06-01-2001, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by bbjones:
I just picked mine up. Looks great. Dave Treadway was very straightforward with me. Can't wait for the weekend!!

Cool, have a fun drive this weekend...what color did you get?
Old 06-01-2001, 06:09 PM
Advanced

Cool, have a fun drive this weekend...what color did you get?
Hopefully, it's in the .sig now.
It's dark emerald green, no navi. I guess I should go make the standard introduction post.
Old 06-01-2001, 08:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Me too! Just picked up mine today. Silver TL-S w/ Nav + Spoiler + Mud Guards + Trunk Tray + Wheel Lock.

31 miles and counting...