Invisible Sunroof Visor

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009 | 07:01 PM
is out, so the

Invisible Sunroof Visor

I love my sunroof. It's one of my favorite parts of the car. However, sometimes its loud. I seen a CR-V the other day with it's sunroof open, and it has the little deflector that pops up only when the sunroof is open. It is like the BMW style. I don't want a visor like OEM style that is there all the time.

1. Does the CR-V visor system really make it not so loud?

2. Do you think we could retrofit something like this into the sunroof of our TL?

I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee once and it had a spring loaded visor that popped up once the sunroof retracted off the top of it. The springs pushed it up then when you close the sunroof, the front of the glass runs over the visor and pushes it back down into the car. It looked like an easy system you could buy and use 3M Tape to put it in any sunroof.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 02-19-2009 | 08:00 PM
Advanced

Cool

Originally Posted by Allen-
I love my sunroof. It's one of my favorite parts of the car. However, sometimes its loud. I seen a CR-V the other day with it's sunroof open, and it has the little deflector that pops up only when the sunroof is open. It is like the BMW style. I don't want a visor like OEM style that is there all the time.

1. Does the CR-V visor system really make it not so loud?

2. Do you think we could retrofit something like this into the sunroof of our TL?

I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee once and it had a spring loaded visor that popped up once the sunroof retracted off the top of it. The springs pushed it up then when you close the sunroof, the front of the glass runs over the visor and pushes it back down into the car. It looked like an easy system you could buy and use 3M Tape to put it in any sunroof.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I know what you are talking about. IMHO is not worth going after something like that.. I would just get the OEM Plastic sunroof Visor, it really works, and works well. With it open going 65 MPH almost sounds as if you have the interior fan on Medium to Medium high.
Old 02-19-2009 | 08:04 PM
I have dead hookers in

Originally Posted by Wish I Had A TL
I know what you are talking about. IMHO is not worth going after something like that.. I would just get the OEM Plastic sunroof Visor, it really works, and works well. With it open going 65 MPH almost sounds as if you have the interior fan on Medium to Medium high.

But its ugly. I have thought about this same thing Allen but when i looked into it i found no way of making it work. If you know someone that can shape plastic you could have one made the same general shape as the OEM on just not as tall or noticeable. I thought about doing this but im not doing anything to the ride since im getting a new ride in a couple weeks. GL though
Old 02-19-2009 | 10:12 PM
Team Owner

the tinted deflectors at parts store for $35 work great
Check the sunroof- it should have a small pop up strip already
Old 02-19-2009 | 11:40 PM
spaz

Originally Posted by ArTL-S
But its ugly. I have thought about this same thing Allen but when i looked into it i found no way of making it work. If you know someone that can shape plastic you could have one made the same general shape as the OEM on just not as tall or noticeable. I thought about doing this but im not doing anything to the ride since im getting a new ride in a couple weeks. GL though
really?
what you picking up?
Old 02-20-2009 | 12:13 AM
Chillin' in my trailer

I got the OEM deflector with my CL, the previous owner took it off because it was ugly. I never put it back on, though I am considering it because I ride with the roof open every day.
Old 02-21-2009 | 12:16 AM
is out, so the

I searched for 30 minutes on ebay for some sort of sunroof assembly. I don't know what the part is called, so its kind of hard to search for it.

I guess go test drive one and look at it closer and measure it.