Interesting car encounters over the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 12:06 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting car encounters over the weekend

I went to NYC this weekend and had three interesting encounters with other vehicles:

1. On my way to NY I hear a loud exhaust coming from in front of me and see a strange/unfamiliar set of tail-lights up ahead (it was night time). I proceed to catch up to the car and see that its a Viper. I then continue and pass the Viper at about 70-75 mph (I'm in the left lane of a 3 lane highway). Well the Viper decides to be a sport after I accelerated a little and just blows right by me ! Man is that sucker loud! It was cool seeing that mofo just take off on me. He slowed down afterwards and went on his merry way (couldn't really see him because we both had tinted windows)

2. Not as exciting but more of me being a bully. I get passed on the Merritt by a Civic with hids (or fake hids), tasteful body kit, and an exhaust. I had two other people in the car as well as luggage. So I catch up to the Civic and pass him when I guess he felt to pass me back. As I see him accelerating I get the car in SS and drop it to fourth and when he is almost even I drop it down to third and take him all the way to 100 by many car lengths. when I slowed back down he didn't attempt to pass me and eventually get off. I know those things can be made fast and wasn't disrespecting it at all. The car looked pretty good with the kit.

3. and last but not least (definitely the best) was following a stage 3+ S4 (more like an RS4) on the LIE on saturday. My car has definitely never worked quite as hard. This time there were four of us in the car as I was taking one of my friends to pick up the side skirts from the guy in the S4. We met the guy somewhere in the Bronx and had to follow him to queens. This guy isn't even done modding his car but I won't blow up his spot on what he plans on doing because I not sure if he wants people knowing or not. The guy was cool and is trying to become one of the fastest S4s. The car was beautiful with RS4 bumpers and fenders done up. I forget what type of wheels but they need to be custom made (they are forged). He had some 255 wide rubber on them and the car looked sick! The guy does all the work on his car. He told us he's hit 196-197 mph in the S4 . He did it in LI where he knows some troopers there (one of the troopers clocked him with the radar gun). The car is awesome and made me want an S4 bad!
Old 01-27-2003, 01:44 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
This guy where I live has an S4 with a chip mod (as well as the sweetest looking 01 A4 I've EVER freakin' seen w/ a widebody DTM seemless kit) and that s/o/b is wicked fast...
Old 01-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Rock Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn i had an encounter this weekend but w a 92 accord that was all beat up it was brown w rust not even hub caps and just an exaust and a 20 pair of hid bulbs...not passin judgement but this car was a POS.....literally i mean i wasnt looking for trouble i was just drivin on rt in West Paterson NJ and the guy in the car started to rev his exaust which prob was worth more than the car...but i just ignored him but i guess his friends in the car egged him on so he got next to me and tried to pull away so i said f this i just stepped on the gas and passed him he then go pinned in between 2 cars i didnt see him for 3 miles till i got to a parkway toll he got to the toll 2 away from me and i had to get off at the next exit so i stepped on the gas and just flew to the exit and he couldnt keep up....hes a word to the wise or whom evber cares a loud muffler doesnt increase hp it makers ur car look dumb when thats all u have espically ona broken down old car.....
Old 01-27-2003, 02:14 PM
still a Masshole

Those audis can be modded pretty good. I don't know how fast this s4 was but man was I struggling to keep up and I'm pretty sure he wasn't pushing as hard as he could!

Ray (from this board) has a pretty sweet A4 as well...although dirty as hell right now!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:54 PM
vtec, yo. lol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't deny the S4 is fast...but I call BS on the claimed 196mph top speed. If it happened, the radar gun had to be off. This guy would be so famous if his car was that fast.

It beats the top speeds of ferraris...
Old 01-28-2003, 09:03 AM
still a Masshole

I don't doubt the 196 because Many here have gone 145ish with have the hp and torque. Other S4s have hit 165 with just a chip (removing the 130 speed governor). apparently the guy doesn't post that much so maybe thats why he isn't famous.

Then again, he might be BSing. Looking at the car though made me think it was capable.